Unpopular Opinions Thread

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:34 am

Nope. There are five sports. Everything else falls under "recreation", "hobby", etc.

Baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and....dwarf tossing?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 am

Since I’m making my return to Cali next week (and hopefully won’t try to burn it down like the last time I was there) and I’ll be seeing these all over the place, I’ll go ahead and say it...

In ‘n Out Burger is overrated.
it's true. It's good, I can't deny it. But it's not really the best thing ever like so many claim

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:37 am

You gotta order off the secret menu, bruh!

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:38 am

Since I’m making my return to Cali next week (and hopefully won’t try to burn it down like the last time I was there) and I’ll be seeing these all over the place, I’ll go ahead and say it...

it's true. It's good, I can't deny it. But it's not really the best thing ever like so many claim
The food is good, isn't greasy and is fresh. I've had it twice and each time I try to figure out what makes people crazy over it.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 am

Nope. There are five sports. Everything else falls under "recreation", "hobby", etc.
Golf requires more skill and coordination to be elite than any of the other sports... :pop:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 am

Golf requires more skill and coordination to be elite than any of the other sports... :pop:
It also requires goofy pants and a fat ass

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 am

Beat me to it. :thumb:

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:29 am

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 am

This man is a damn hero.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:42 am

The food is good, isn't greasy and is fresh. I've had it twice and each time I try to figure out what makes people crazy over it.
This is pretty much my opinion also. It’s good but I don’t go out of my way for it.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:43 am

Baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and....dwarf tossing?
I'll have to check my notes, but that sounds right...

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 am

"competition"

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm

I am sure Danica had wins in her feeder series too, probably.
You would be wrong. She switched to cars at 13 or 14 years of age, and from that point on the only race she ever won was Motegi 2008, which just so happened to be the weekend of the last ever Champ Car race.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Interesting. I didn't think she had won a championship at any level but believed she had stood on the top step more than once. Unreal.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

It's amazing how far boobs can get you.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:27 pm

You always find the weirdest gifs.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 pm

They each have one win, is the common thread. Unless you're going to pretend anything outside of the Olympics counts as important for skiing.

It's not. I am sure Danica had wins in her feeder series too, probably.
ACTUALLY

I SAID ACTUALLY

this is way wrong. Vonn's non-Olympic wins in the World Cup (four overall season titles and many, many more in individual disciplines like the downhill) is the equivalent of being the F1 champ or NASCAR champ that many times. She's skiing against the same top skiers she would see in the Olympics, as opposed to lesser feeder series in auto racing. The Olympics are like winning the Indy 500, but they dont necessairly make you the best skier in the world like winning the overall WC title does. Richer and more famous, sure, especially if youre an American like Vonn whose home country doesnt follow the World Cup like Euros do, but the Patrick comparison isn't close to apt. Vonn was the best overall female skier in the world for years and years. Patrick isn't even in the same universe in her discipline by comparison.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm

welcome to faf where we debate the merits of women skiers

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm

dont make me scan my letter to Alberto Tomba from 1992

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:46 pm

They each have one win, is the common thread. Unless you're going to pretend anything outside of the Olympics counts as important for skiing.

ACTUALLY

I SAID ACTUALLY

this is way wrong. Vonn's non-Olympic wins in the World Cup (four overall season titles and many, many more in individual disciplines like the downhill) is the equivalent of being the F1 champ or NASCAR champ that many times. She's skiing against the same top skiers she would see in the Olympics, as opposed to lesser feeder series in auto racing. The Olympics are like winning the Indy 500, but they dont necessairly make you the best skier in the world like winning the overall WC title does. Richer and more famous, sure, especially if youre an American like Vonn whose home country doesnt follow the World Cup like Euros do, but the Patrick comparison isn't close to apt. Vonn was the best overall female skier in the world for years and years. Patrick isn't even in the same universe in her discipline by comparison.
It's weird how you missed the part where I said claiming those accolades is just pretending, but then you openly acknowledged it later in the rant. Uncouth.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:48 pm

ACTUALLY

I SAID ACTUALLY

It's weird how you missed the part where I said claiming those accolades is just pretending, but then you openly acknowledged it later in the rant. Uncouth.
I'm not sure I follow your thread here, but one was the best at their sport, and one was not. You thinking it doesnt matter from a fame standpoint doesn't change that they very much matter from a competitive standpoint. The World Cup is not a "feeder series"; your comment there goes to their respective talents.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

I love that this of all things is a button issue for you. White Knighting sad broken Lindsey Vonn.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Nah, I just like skiing and thought this was a useful opportunity to discuss the World Cup and share some info. I don't care about Vonn one way or another, but you had her sporting accomplishments wrong.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm

slap p. brown-vonn, esquire