NBA

MWB

NBA

Postby MWB » Mon May 28, 2018 8:26 pm

That was also just after the deadline. As c2i said, many thought the team had improved. Turned out, it hadn’t much. Regardless, that makes no difference in him leading this group the finals. It was incredibly impressive, and would’ve been even more impressive if it had been done with the pre-trade group.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NBA

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Won’t even address the fact that what Lebron has done is incredible because he liked the deadline deals that made the team the way it is now...

The way the announcer introduced the warriors cracked me up.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Lol NBA finals are the worst outcome. 4 years in a row?

MWB

NBA

Postby MWB » Mon May 28, 2018 11:47 pm

I can’t fathom 27 consecutive missed threes.

tifosi77

NBA

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:01 am

So, they do fireworks here for Conference Finals wins. Like, my neighbors and such. Our house has been hit by at least five bottle rockets in the last 20 minutes.

shafnutz05

NBA

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:08 am

Lol NBA finals are the worst outcome. 4 years in a row?
Just awful. I can't imagine being a fan of an NBA team that isn't the Warriors or Cavaliers.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

NBA

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 29, 2018 9:52 am

4 straight years of this...

If the Celtics can stay healthy, they'll represent the East next year. Imagine the team that just went 7 games against the Cavs with Irving and Hayward playing. Until the Warriors are broken up, they get hit with the injury bug, or another super team comes along, they'll be representing the West for some time.

Lemon Berry Lobster

NBA

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue May 29, 2018 10:01 am

If the Celtics can stay healthy, they'll represent the East next year. Imagine the team that just went 7 games against the Cavs with Irving and Hayward playing. Until the Warriors are broken up, they get hit with the injury bug, or another super team comes along, they'll be representing the West for some time.
Like when LeBron takes his talents to H-Town? :slug:

count2infinity

NBA

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 am

Exactly. This seems to be a thing that isn't going away. You want a ring? Build a super team, win your ring, and move on. F*ck the rest of the league.

willeyeam

NBA

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 am

I find it tough to say that LeBron won't win the east, considering he has done it 8 years in a row. If he stays in Cleveland of course

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NBA

Postby LITT » Tue May 29, 2018 12:52 pm

I find it tough to say that LeBron won't win the east, considering he has done it 8 years in a row. If he stays in Cleveland of course
no way he could have beat a celtics team with gordon hayward and keyrie irving with the cast of clowns he has around him now

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 1:04 pm

I'm pretty much convinced that wherever Lebron goes if it's in the East he's a lock for the finals. This summer will be the only interesting thing about the NBA.

willeyeam

NBA

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 29, 2018 1:06 pm

no way he could have beat a celtics team with gordon hayward and keyrie irving with the cast of clowns he has around him now
prove it

tifosi77

NBA

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Mrs Tif made me watch the 4th quarter of the game last night. What the hell do you nitwits see in this game?

count2infinity

NBA

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Same thing you see in frosted tips and sunglasses on the back of your head.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Lebron James was gassed and used sheer will to beat the Celtics. I won't doubt the compete in that guy ever.

shafnutz05

NBA

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:27 pm

My biggest issue with the NBA as a fan sport is that it's just too easy for teams to build utter dynasties around two, maybe three stars. What Lebron is doing in Cleveland is impressive, but it's also pathetic that the rest of the East can't knock them off their perch. Teams like the Raptors, which show so much promise, just wilt in the postseason.

It creates a situation where, if you are a team of about 27 teams in the league, you are resigned to the fact that you will *definitely* not win a title, or even realistically compete for one, for at least the foreseeable future, looking out up to a decade. I know the argument is that watching greatness is compelling, and I do agree with that to an extent. However, it also seems like the predominant theme among the top NBA stars is to all try and get on the same team and form super teams. It's much harder to do that in a sport where more players see action.

There are obviously exceptions to that--what the Mavericks did is a good example. And the Spurs were chock full of role players, led by the best coach of his generation. But by and large, it's the same old sht, different year.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't know if I believe the Super Team theory. Warriors were basically a super team before KD, through drafting etc. KD improved upon a super team that already existed.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh - was just a big three. They still needed competent role players to help when they weren't on the court.

These past few versions of Cavs haven't been super teams. You have LBJ and whatever the Cavs could get around him, whether it was aging vets. Kevin Love is really the only other major All-star there and he's on or off constantly.

That all being said, Lebron goes to Philly this year, and it's a really good team built mostly through the draft, which could become super. If he goes to the Lakers with Paul George/Kawhi, then yea - it's stupid.

I think the Raptors choked, but then that's an inclination that the Raptors themselves need to consider the stars they're building their team around.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm

The weird thing is that each team has probably 1-2 guys that star in their own right, but you really gotta get your bench together if you want to last in any way shape or form.

Blazers are a decent example of that, they've got a decent team and constantly under-achieve. Who knows what they could have been if Aldrige stayed there.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Tue May 29, 2018 2:05 pm

OK yea, Lebron/Wade/Bosh was a super team basically, I forgot about Ray Allen.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

NBA

Postby LITT » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

DONT FORGET ABOUT BIRDMAN

count2infinity

NBA

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 29, 2018 2:12 pm

There is only one obscure white, big man that is permitted in these parts...

shafnutz05

NBA

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:02 pm

What the...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29 ... elle-fultz

https://deadspin.com/the-sixers-will-in ... 1826417119
In February, The Ringer received an anonymous tip that Bryan Colangelo, the Philadelphia 76ers’ president of basketball operations, had been secretly operating five Twitter accounts. Since then, we have scrutinized and archived those accounts in an attempt to verify the source’s claims that the longtime NBA executive has been using them as a platform to:

Criticize NBA players, including Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor, and Nerlens Noel

Publicly debate the decisions of his own coaching staff, as well as critique former Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie and Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri

Telegraph the 2017 trade in which the Sixers acquired the no. 1 overall pick that would become Markelle Fultz

Disclose nonpublic medical information about Okafor and gossip about Embiid and Fultz to members of the national and Philadelphia media
Way more interesting than the finals is the Ringer story reporting that Bryan Colangelo, the Philadelphia 76ers’ president of basketball ops, may have been behind up to five anonymous Twitter accounts airing the team’s dirty laundry and defending Colangelo and his shirt collars.
This is bizarro land.

Morkle

NBA

Postby Morkle » Wed May 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Internet Sleuths just matched his numbers to his e-mail address on all of the accounts. This guy is fired before the end of the day.

shafnutz05

NBA

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:12 pm

That Ringer article is an absolute must read. What a superb investigation.