Politics And Current Events

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 pm

;)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Yeah, it's kind of not helpful to have Gloria Allred at your side when you're the 5th person coming forward, even if the accuser is potentially the most compelling.

And TIL Gloria Allred's daughter is Lisa Bloom.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Democratic congresswoman accuses "sitting member" of sexual harassment

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/ ... 1093303296
Probably another DEMONcrat.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Democratic congresswoman accuses "sitting member" of sexual harassment

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/ ... 1093303296
Probably another DEMONcrat.
Yeah, she was too old for a Republican.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm

:lol:

I hope my facetiousness was obvious, there. Wonder if it was Uncle Joe, though?

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 pm

:pop:

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Repubican?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm

I heard it was 2 sitting congressmen, BOTH SIDES!

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

http://www.kcra.com/article/3-dead-shoo ... 2/13600667
Three people were killed in a shooting Tuesday morning that started at a home and moved to an elementary school in Tehama County, and the shooter was also killed by law enforcement, the sheriff's department said.

Multiple shots were fired about 8 a.m. at Rancho Tehama School on the outskirts of Corning, Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said.

"I know that we have (airlifted) a number of students," Johnston said. "I know that the school's been cleared. I know that we have children that were attending school in a safe location at this time."
FFS, stop **** shooting kids.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 pm

http://www.kcra.com/article/3-dead-shoo ... 2/13600667
Three people were killed in a shooting Tuesday morning that started at a home and moved to an elementary school in Tehama County, and the shooter was also killed by law enforcement, the sheriff's department said.

Multiple shots were fired about 8 a.m. at Rancho Tehama School on the outskirts of Corning, Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said.

"I know that we have (airlifted) a number of students," Johnston said. "I know that the school's been cleared. I know that we have children that were attending school in a safe location at this time."
FFS, stop **** shooting kids.
This both pisses me off and makes me sick. I hope all the kids survive but I doubt it.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm

'Creep list' of men known for inappropriate behavior circulates in Congress: report
Staff say an unwritten "creep list" of lawmakers and other Capitol Hill employees known for unwanted or inappropriate sexual behavior is being circulated through word-of-mouth, according to a new report in CNN.

The list keeps track of the male members most known for their inappropriate behavior in the offices, where one former House aide said that many men "have no self-control" around their female colleagues.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... wn-for?amp

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm

BREAKING tax bill news - the GOP will put the repeal of the individual mandate tax penalty in the tax reform bill

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

The fifth being rep'ed by Gloria Allred and being full on sexual assault seems like it doesn't match the first four.
I'll play devil's advocate, you've got three stories of an older man dating a legal teenager and showing respect. You've got one story where there was an underage girl who seemed to be presenting herself as legal and there's more activity of a sexual nature and at the very least some guilt tripping or posturing to get more. And then you've got Allred's client who claims full on sexual assault and intimidation, as a legal teenager. It doesn't really square. I can believe they dated, I can believe activities took place, but you have four women, 30 sources, who don't hint at that kind of malice.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Nothing gets me hotter than female legislators.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 pm

Sessions keeps getting thanked for his service.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:22 pm

The fifth being rep'ed by Gloria Allred and being full on sexual assault seems like it doesn't match the first four.
I'll play devil's advocate, you've got three stories of an older man dating a legal teenager and showing respect. You've got one story where there was an underage girl who seemed to be presenting herself as legal and there's more activity of a sexual nature and at the very least some guilt tripping or posturing to get more. And then you've got Allred's client who claims full on sexual assault and intimidation, as a legal teenager. It doesn't really square. I can believe they dated, I can believe activities took place, but you have four women, 30 sources, who don't hint at that kind of malice.
If the accusers are to be believed - and considering the story was developed 100% without their involvement, and the other supporting elements, it's hard to not take them at face value - you're talking about a man who exhibited a predatory behavioral profile for at least a decade. To be honest, it's not really that of a big leap.

It's just Allred is so....... I mean, she's representing more than two dozen clients against Bill Cosby alone.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:23 pm

I’m assuming military.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:23 pm

BREAKING tax bill news - the GOP will put the repeal of the individual mandate tax penalty in the tax reform bill
I'm not a fan of Obamacare at all. But I'm still waiting for an explanation of how the GOP went 100% reversesies on the mandate.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

If the accusers are to be believed - and considering the story was developed 100% without their involvement, and the other supporting elements, it's hard to not take them at face value - you're talking about a man who exhibited a predatory behavioral profile for at least a decade. To be honest, it's not really that of a big leap.

It's just Allred is so....... I mean, she's representing more than two dozen clients against Bill Cosby alone.
The first 4 I don't doubt. I can also picture the 14 y.o feeling forced into something when a 32 y.o. would see it as merely suggestive. Heck, 5 years in hindsight my first gf told the story that I gave her the "do me or break up ultimatum" despite me being clear that was not my intention.
The man has a problem, I don't doubt. It's just that the last story shows a lot more malice than the original stories included.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 pm

I can also picture the 14 y.o feeling forced into something when a 32 y.o. would see it as merely suggestive.
Huh, taking off hers and his clothes and feeling her up and then placing her hand on his underwear is merely suggestive?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Susan Collins already voicing doubts. This will make the bill fail.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:06 pm

I’m assuming military.
He is a General. :slug:

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

That Penn State hazing story back in the news. apparently new footage shows them giving him 18 beers in an hour or something.

another way to say it is that a college kid chose to drink too much, and he died because of it. this story makes me very nervous. unless the guy was restrained or otherwise forced into excessive drinking, i just think it's wrong to punish anyone for what happened. accountability is a difficult topic, but this seems fairly straightforward. uh uh. don't like this at all.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

I think charging 17 individuals in one guys death will be their undoing at the end. As a juror I'm not sure how I would handle responsibility that is so partitioned.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Yeah don't forget the part where he fell down the stairs, cracked his skull, and wasn't taken to the hospital for an extended period of time.