Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:17 am

"We have no choice but to act on what we said we were going to do since the day after the 2016 election."

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 am

"We have no choice but to act on what we said we were going to do since the day after the 2016 election."
I'm curious as to your thoughts on this... it's been 3 years. Why now? According to you, they've been chompin at the bit to do this, and likely there have been incidents that rise to a similar level of this. Why wait 3 years to do it?

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:22 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... peachment/

Allow me to two sides this.
At least the Dems picked something that happened when he was actually President. Pelosi drug her feet as long as possible when the rest of the party was screaming foul at what Trump had done and repeatedly said impeachment wouldn't be good for the country or her party.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:25 am

I'm curious as to your thoughts on this... it's been 3 years. Why now? According to you, they've been chompin at the bit to do this, and likely there have been incidents that rise to a similar level of this. Why wait 3 years to do it?
Well, they only gained control of the house in 2019. So the Dems have only had the constitutional ability to bring Impeachment articles since January.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 am

I dunno. Maybe because every single other thing they tried that was "the beginning of the end for Trump" has blown up in their faces. Mueller the American hero was supposedly the be all end all, now people act like they didn't even know he existed.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:27 am

Well, they only gained control of the house in 2019. So the Dems have only had the constitutional ability to bring Impeachment articles since January.
Ah yes... that is true. Much better reasoning than NP's.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 am

I’m sure everyone here would have the same feeling in regards to impeachment if Hillary Clinton was president and did 1/4 of the things Trump has done.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:35 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... peachment/

Allow me to two sides this.
At least the Dems picked something that happened when he was actually President. Pelosi drug her feet as long as possible when the rest of the party was screaming foul at what Trump had done and repeatedly said impeachment wouldn't be good for the country or her party.
She was actually listening to the moderates in her party. Something that she was getting criticized for as "being political".

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:37 am

I’m sure everyone here would have the same feeling in regards to impeachment if Hillary Clinton was president and did 1/4 of the things Trump has done.
It's almost like we're supposed to accept that Benghazi was conducted in good faith, as opposed to being an obvious pretext to investigate the administration to find something impeachable.

Trump is a continuous conflict of interest that when put under any sort of actual oversight demands some sort of action from the overseers. He won election to a job he is fundamentally incapable of doing, think of it as a natural ejection function. You can blame the pesky democrats for having it out for Trump, but that only works for the people walking around clubbing themselves in the head with a baseball bat to avoid observing this administration at work,

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:42 am

It's almost like we're supposed to accept that Benghazi was conducted in good faith, as opposed to being an obvious pretext to investigate the administration to find something impeachable,
Of course that was what Benghazi was about, and they did find the server that way.

Most congressional hearings are performance art that sometimes end up with real stuff coming out.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:46 am

You're not deluded enough to even think for a second we'd hear about any of it. It'd all be reduced to "right wing talking points from Fawks nooze" as faftorial or whoever put it, and be dropped.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:48 am

"journalism"

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 am

"journalism"

Journalism is just punditry anymore.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:52 am

You're not deluded enough to even think for a second we'd hear about any of it. It'd all be reduced to "right wing talking points from Fawks nooze" as faftorial or whoever put it, and be dropped.
Yea. No one heard about Hillary’s emails. NOT ONE PERSON

It was legit the top story on CNN for weeks

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:59 am

And to this day its seen as no big deal and sarcastically mocked as the reason squeaky clean Hillary was denied her rightful throne in the White House. It was a story for a few weeks and then she had to face questions about those emails. Wow.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 am

And to this day its seen as no big deal and sarcastically mocked as the reason squeaky clean Hillary was denied her rightful throne in the White House. It was a story for a few weeks and she had to face questions about those emails. Wow.
And I’m the deluded one

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:02 am

And to this day its seen as no big deal and sarcastically mocked as the reason squeaky clean Hillary was denied her rightful throne in the White House. It was a story for a few weeks and she had to face questions about those emails. Wow.
And I’m the deluded one

If you read I said you "weren't deluded." But yeah, she really had a tough time with that email scandal with the entire press going to bat for her and even her own friggen opponent in a debate telling everyone to shut up about it. Such hardships.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:02 am

It's almost like we're supposed to accept that Benghazi was conducted in good faith, as opposed to being an obvious pretext to investigate the administration to find something impeachable.
Benghazi was not about impeaching Obama, it was about kneecapping HRC.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 am

"journalism"

That's a Perspective posted to the Style section.
"Journalism"

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:11 am

Aren't there like repeated stories about how Trump's administration repeatedly uses unsecure, phones, e-mails, numbers? As much as I get the repeated Hillary thing, I feel like this administration is much more flagrant with potential security issues, and seemingly nobody who cared about Hillary cares about this entire administration.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

I wouldn't say the admin is more flagrant with potential security issues, but yes they've been found to be communicating on unsecure channels several times. Maybe if you add in the reported security clearance issues.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:16 am

I wouldn't say the admin is more flagrant with potential security issues, but yes they've been found to be communicating on unsecure channels several times. Maybe if you add in the reported security clearance issues.
Unsecure communications
Clearances that were received with no-vetting or special winks and nudges
Profiting from private businesses and those communications blending with politics in likely an unsecure setting.

It seems like a repeated security nightmare.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:21 am

It’s just TDS bro

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:22 am

I can 100% see GWB saying this. :lol: