Politics And Current Events

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 pm

:lol:

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 am

Omarosa just said on Meet the Press that she recorded John Kelly in the Situation Room. (They are playing the tape.)
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdawsey1/sta ... 0565733377

Doubt this was legal.
There's a lot to unpack with this.

1) The Situation Room is a SCIF, how did she get a recording device (presumably her cell phone) inside?
2) If frickin' Omarosa got a recording device into that area, how often is that sort of thing happening in this White House?
3) Why did Kelly feel the need to have this conversation in a SCIF? Are all terminated staffers let go in a classified location?
4) Omarosa has zero credibility: She alternatively claims in the book that someone who heard the audio of Trump saying exactly what everybody with an intact brain stem has no problem believing he said to her about it (the guy she cites as the source for this is refuting the claim), then in interviews says she heard the audio directly and is adamant about that claim being consistent with her account in the book, which it totally is not.

This is most definitely a case of two dopes not making a right.
I'm still trying to figure out why she even had a job in the white house.

I'm pretty sure this picture is real and it's absolutely insane that this was the admin working in the white house. WTF is wrong with the country?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am

She was there because she was a black woman and the Trump team probably thought it wouldn't make him look like a racist bigot.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 am

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 am

I'm pretty sure this picture is real and it's absolutely insane that this was the admin working in the white house. WTF is wrong with the country?
To be fair, the dude in front didn't make it through the summer of 2016, and so was never in the White House, and Mooch's tenure in the WH can be most effectively expressed in hours; I don't know who the guy is in the background. So you're left with Omarosa and Gorka.... which in itself is a thing.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 am

That would be Rob Porter

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:08 am

Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard.......really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 am

A motion has been filed under seal in the Manafort case.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 am

Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard.......really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
These are the musings of a completely sane person.

Altho, I'm still a little hinkey on the veracity of the Situation Room story/recording. It just doesn't add up in a way that makes sense.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am

Source of the post Altho, I'm still a little hinkey on the veracity of the Situation Room story/recording. It just doesn't add up in a way that makes sense.
like everything else, this is all because of him. He creates this madness.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 am

Source of the post Altho, I'm still a little hinkey on the veracity of the Situation Room story/recording. It just doesn't add up in a way that makes sense.
like everything else, this is all because of him. He creates this madness.
In his tweet, he said he told Kelly to work with her because “she said GREAT things about me”.

I’m glad our president hires “low lifes”, using his term, when a person verbally sucks his dick.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 am

I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me
Kelly was told to work it out because she praised him all the time. :lol:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

A motion has been filed under seal in the Manafort case.
There was an interesting bit from last week. Manafort's lawyer starting questioning Gates' about his participation agreement with the SC office. There was an objection and side bar with the lawyers and the judges. The transcript of that discussion had to be put under seal because of ongoing investigations. Leading some to assume that Gates' cooperation isn't limited to his testimony against Manafort.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:42 am

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/ ... tic-774801

Time zones, a pesky MAGA obstacle.
Several times in the first year of his administration, President Donald Trump wanted to call Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the middle of the afternoon. But there was a problem. Midafternoon in Washington is the middle of the night in Tokyo — when Abe would be fast asleep.

Trump’s aides had to explain the issue, which one diplomatic source said came up on “a constant basis,” but it wasn’t easy.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 am

Trump is a dolt, but I find it hard to believe that a man with businesses in nearly every time zone on the earth doesn't know how time zones work.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 am

To be fair, time zones are dumb...

And yes, that sounds unlikely...even if this pool of unlikeliness that we currently wade in...

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 am

I think it's less that he doesn't know how time zones work, and more that he doesn't understand why that means he can't call the leader of Japan.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:01 am

Stephen Miller's uncle thinks he's a shithead.
I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, who is an educated man and well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family’s life in this country.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... cle-219351

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 am

Unrelated, I'm enjoying the AOC-Ben Shapiro drama.
I heard her last week or so and wasn't impressed. At the same time, thinking there's any upside to "debating" Ben Shapiro is a joke.
You want to talk about echo chambers, there's two groups that locked their doors and threw the key away.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 am

Bruh, you hired her.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 am

Your first line is "she got fired 3 times on a TV show, but I wanted to GIVER HER ANOTHER CHANCE IN THE WHITE HOUSE."

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

I think it's less that he doesn't know how time zones work, and more that he doesn't understand why that means he can't call the leader of Japan.
Do you really think that though? I mean, seriously. The guy is not wise, but this is toddler-level basic knowledge.

How many thousands of conference calls you bet he's been on with project managers in the flipped time zones?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

Omarosa has now released a recorded telephone conversation of herself talking to the President Of The United States about her dismissal.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am

Do you really think that though? I mean, seriously. The guy is not wise, but this is toddler-level basic knowledge.

How many thousands of conference calls you bet he's been on with project managers in the flipped time zones?
Put it this way..... I do not dispute your characterization about this being sort of super duper basic knowledge. That's the point.

This is a man whose entire professional existence is built upon sycophants. Do you think it's a stretch that he expects everyone to be available at his beck and call according to his whim?

Also, to say he has 'businesses in every time zone' is a bit of a stretch, in the sense that it suggests he's keeping up on the daily ops. Nearly every single building that bears his name around the world is nothing more than a license agreement covering the use of his brand. He has nothing at all to do with the running of the actual business. (Which is to said business's benefit, to be sure.)

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 am

The FBI has fired Peter Strzok, the counterintelligence agent who came under fire for sending disparaging text messages about President Trump and other political figures during the 2016 election.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ssion=true