Politics And Current Events

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:55 am

Yeah, I can't imagine this gentle soul threatening anyone over anything. Just not his style.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 am

Yeah, I can't imagine this gentle soul threatening anyone over anything. Just not his style.
Fake news

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:40 am

I thought you were done posting for the weekend like 5 times yesterday.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 am

Fake news
You would know... :pop: :slug:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 am

nobody to the rescue. Got the the bat signal that someone, somewhere was saying something mean about his boy

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am

You are not a very nice person

Edit: I don't know you so shouldn't phrase it like that. You don't come across as a very nice person.
Last edited by eddy on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:48 am

nobody to the rescue. Got the the bat signal that someone, somewhere was saying something mean about his boy
Ok judge jeanine pirro.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

Ok judge jeanine pirro.
You’re not very clever. I wish you went back to saying I wanted to be pissed on by Trump. At least there is an iota of humor to that

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

Edit: I don't know that so shouldn't phrase it like that. You don't come across as a very nice person.
Yeah not sure why pointing out what you said is mean, but ok.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

This thread sucks

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 am

Ok judge jeanine pirro.
You’re not very clever. I wish you went back to saying I wanted to be pissed on by Trump. At least there is an iota of humor to that
You add less value to the conversation than Ned did. So at least you have that going for you.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:57 am

Edit: I don't know that so shouldn't phrase it like that. You don't come across as a very nice person.
I'm not looking to get into an argument, just wanted to let you know that you make this place less enjoyable. I will figure out how to block you now.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:18 am

I'm not looking to get into an argument, just wanted to let you know that you make this place less enjoyable. I will figure out how to block you now.
Good. People that just constantly post tweets that add zero value make this place miserable as well.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:29 am

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 am

Not surprising. More surprising if sanders lost.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 am

Edit: I don't know you so shouldn't phrase it like that. You don't come across as a very nice person.
Just consider him a parody account, it makes the thread 100x more palatable. trying to take those posts seriously can only cause irritation.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:18 am

Just consider him a parody account, it makes the thread 100x more palatable. trying to take those posts seriously can only cause irritation.
Yeah, you are right. A day ago there was discussion and conversation about trump threatening senators. It's apparently shocking to some people that he could possibly do that. Less than 24 hours later, he appears to actually do that on Twitter. You bring it up in here and holier than thou jumps on you saying I thought you weren't going to post anymore for the weekend and then follows that up with a spiel about not adding to conversation, I mean, the jokes write themselves. I admittingly don't post much conversation in here because I really just don't know much about politics, but do enjoy reading what others have to say. We all have our differences and it's one thing when we talk about trump or government, but he's always the first to go after someone in here which is the big difference.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:24 am

It’s like those people on twitter who are like “maga chugs and Bernie bros are all attacking me, I must be doing something right”. As though being a provocateur carries any weight. No your just a jagoff and people hate jagoffs.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 am

It’s like those people on twitter who are like “maga chugs and Bernie bros are all attacking me, I must be doing something right”. As though being a provocateur carries any weight. No your just a jagoff and people hate jagoffs.
Good lord. You people are insane. I am not being a provocateur by just making a statement that is repeating what someone said they were going to do less than 12 hours prior.

You guys have nobody derangement syndrome. :slug:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:51 am

How about this hour long convo that was just released? Making foreign policy without vetting the information. All it took was Parnas saying she was a Clinton person and talking **** about Trump and he was ready to get rid of her

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm

How about this hour long convo that was just released? Making foreign policy without vetting the information. All it took was Parnas saying she was a Clinton person and talking **** about Trump and he was ready to get rid of her
Yeah, this is 1984 ****. I watched a clip from Tapper's show where he was "grilling" the OK senator Lankford about this stuff. I mean, like, how stupid are we supposed to be? Am I supposed to be impressed that Tapper is pushing back on a guy who is defending Trump's argument that he doesn't know Parnas after all this?

I've come fully around to the notion that the premier sunday show guys are the biggest culprits in the degradation of our two party political system. Their whole "down the middle", "both sides" approach has helped create the permission structure for the GOP to enter this cult demagoguery.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm

I would just like to point out that we had three consecutive posts that went:

Grunts: "People that just constantly post tweets that add zero value make this place miserable as well."
Freddy: Just a tweet
Also Grunty: *Engages in discussion about tweet*

That was pretty amusing.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Parnas’ lawyers say he has more recordings of the president.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:25 pm

Grunts: "People that just constantly post tweets that add zero value make this place miserable as well."

That was pretty amusing.
Well considering that tweet had data (not just subjectively hurting someone’s feelings) to discuss, it wasn’t of zero value. So...

Ok Boomer.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:30 pm

That was pretty amusing.
Ha. I thought the same exact thing