Politics And Current Events

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:06 am

lol, some dingus is forcing congress to come to vote in person.
It’s this dude:

What in the math hell is this?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

If I'm a DEM in congress, there's never any reason to work with Trump's initiatives because of how he feels here. No matter what you do, he's going to say you're hell to work with, or you're doing a bad job - why even cross the line at this point?

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:25 am

Saw something similar on r/Libertarian last night. Someone did the math and noticed the cost of the bill was about $6,000/person, not $1,200/person and they were pissed they were not getting the $6k. :lol:

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:43 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
As Trump signals readiness to break with experts, his online base assails Fauci

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 am

Saw something similar on r/Libertarian last night. Someone did the math and noticed the cost of the bill was about $6,000/person, not $1,200/person and they were pissed they were not getting the $6k. :lol:
It's also not understanding that <100% of government spending comes out of the pocket of taxpayers.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:52 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
As Trump signals readiness to break with experts, his online base assails Fauci
Rallying the brain trust and setting up Fauci as the fall guy for when the country ain’t ready to open back up on Easter.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:21 am

Stop the Partisan Bullshit within the Republican Party.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:22 am

I take no responsibility

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

See this is where people get accused of defending everything tRump argle bargle. The only evidence anyone has of any riff between Fauci and Trump are twitter body language experts analyzing screenshots of someones television, and stuff like Wapo writers just saying so, hoping to wish it into existence. And everyone buys it despite Fauci's own words and zero evidence to anything. The crazies are the ones out here NOT looking for Pepe Silvia.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:36 am

See this is where people get accused of defending everything tRump argle bargle. The only evidence anyone has of any riff between Fauci and Trump are twitter body language experts analyzing screenshots of someones television, and stuff like Wapo writers just saying so, hoping to wish it into existence. And everyone buys it despite Fauci's own words and zero evidence to anything. The crazies are the ones out here NOT looking for Pepe Silvia.
Trump has continually said the opposite of what Fauci says. I trust that Fauci is intelligent and Trump is a **** idiot.

Or maybe you can go check on the “big hospitals that have one, maybe two ventilators” like he said on Hannity last night

It’s a constant stream of misinformation and pure idiocy coming from the guy who is leading us

But keep on focusing on your work on here

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 am

The article I linked was about how right wing media pundits are turning on Fauci as Trump pushes the "We will get back to normal soon" narrative. It was about RW media vs Fauci, not Trump vs Fauci.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm

The article I linked was about how right wing media pundits are turning on Fauci as Trump pushes the "We will get back to normal soon" narrative. It was about RW media vs Fauci, not Trump vs Fauci.

Yeah I was more replying to DD that already has it written in stone Fauci's set up to be the fall guy. Additionally I just can't be bothered to care that Trump states an optimistic projection of where we'd like to be with this. Some people hear 'It'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter' and their minds go straight to the MAGA cult beating down church doors on Easter Sunday demanding to be let in no matter what happens in the coming weeks.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Don’t need ventilators. Also, make ventilators immediately.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Why in gods name are we pushing car manufacturers to make vents? Makes a tonnnn of sense

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Yeah I was more replying to DD that already has it written in stone Fauci's set up to be the fall guy. Additionally I just can't be bothered to care that Trump states an optimistic projection of where we'd like to be with this. Some people hear 'It'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter' and their minds go straight to the MAGA cult beating down church doors on Easter Sunday demanding to be let in no matter what happens in the coming weeks.
First, that's not what he said (it'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter). Second, there are many people in his base take what he says as gospel and will act recklessly. Again, it's not leadership. It's adding to the problem.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 pm

First, that's not what he said (it'd be nice to be back to normal by Easter). Second, there are many people in his base take what he says as gospel and will act recklessly. Again, it's not leadership. It's adding to the problem.

Yes i know. The base. The base. The base. Riling up the base.
Do you think theres going to be some widespread revolt or something? Weren't you just trying to pin the fish tank cleaner idiots on him too? I understand its one big cult to you people, but it's not reality. The majority of people can hear what he says and also think and act for themselves.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Why in gods name are we pushing car manufacturers to make vents? Makes a tonnnn of sense
I assume their assembly process could be transformed to manufacture ventilators fairly quickly.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Yeah, if our domestic industries can convert to making tanks and airplanes, they can build medical supplies. It's happening all over, and inventions to deal with this are popping up every day.
Last edited by Kaiser on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Also, who cares.

But anyway, I don't think there's any chance that Trump tries to issue any declaration that overrides what each state decides to do. Problem of course, is you get Trumpkin governors (like the one in MS) who issues state orders that override the precautionary measures taken by local officials.

The whole easter thing was stupid, but Trump saying stupid things is modus operandi.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Dude has never taken ownership or blame for anything in his life. If Fauci isn’t his fall guy than someone else will be.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Dude has never taken ownership or blame for anything in his life. If Fauci isn’t his fall guy than someone else will be.
Obama

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Pence so he can have another VP on the ticket.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Pence so he can have another VP on the ticket.
Yea, good call. I’ve thought that from the beginning.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:46 pm

Their manufacturing lines can switch to that production and ventilators are in greater need.

My company is doing the same but with hand sanitizer. And we don't manufacture that at all in our normal course of business.

This does happen.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Their manufacturing lines can switch to that production and ventilators are in greater need.

My company is doing the same but with hand sanitizer. And we don't manufacture that at all in our normal course of business.

This does happen.
So is GM and Ford partnering with Respironics or Phillips or something? Because to me it seems like a total ruse and is just a marketing ploy