Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:55 pm

would it be racist if we called toxic black women "Shenequas"?

shaniqua
A steoreotypical name for young women living in the hood or ghetto.The common Shaniqua has a weave that is so cheap it looks like plastic,or very long thick braids.She wear extremely tight and short clothing topped of with ridiculously lond heels.
Other attributes include:long nails,husky/shrill iritating voice,4 children with different fathers.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:03 pm

I just don't know why we're so afraid to call it out when it's not helping things

terrible comparison but hey, this is a hockey board: say the Pens are playing the Red Wings and some Wings player malevolently slashes Bjugstad and breaks his wrist and no penalty is called and no suspension is given

yeah, we're gonna make the playoffs, they aren't and Bjugstad is a replacement level player, but that doesn't make it ok. Toxic things are still toxic

this is what I mean by a two way street. You will never, ever achieve racial harmony if you say things like "Always Sunny blackface is bad but White Chicks is completely fine"
Agree. But we are whitey and racist.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:04 pm

I am having a great deal of difficulty putting myself in the headspace where blackface and Karen are both causes for discord.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:13 pm

I am having a great deal of difficulty putting myself in the headspace where blackface and Karen are both causes for discord.
In a world where being called racist is worse than doing racism.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Because being told you did something racist/being called a racist requires some level of introspection and reflection that most people can't handle.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Racism needs to have its safe space too.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Because being told you did something racist/being called a racist requires some level of introspection and reflection that most people can't handle.
You're such a good person.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:30 pm

also keep in mind that "karen" was being used before the racist occurrences, like the woman who was complaining about having to wear a mask at a Costco. Karen doesn't mean "racist white women", it's "shitty white woman"

again, it's fine if we want to say toxic white women are Karens. But then we're saying it's fine to call toxic black women Sheniquas.

if you guys don't see the double standard, I honestly don't know what we as a society can do. If you're wondering why some white people are angry, this is why. If you're refusing to understand this then we'll never make peace

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:31 pm

I'd prefer we just not call anyone anything but hey, if calling white people Karen helps then go for it

offsides

Postby offsides » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

I'm not crazy about being called a boomer. :lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

This Bolton book is a good and terrible thing at the same time. Dude should have testified if the things he said were happening, instead of trying to make some bucks.
Bolton Says Trump Impeachment Inquiry Missed Other Troubling Actions: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/17/us/p ... ached.html
Trump 'pleaded' with China's president to buy US agricultural products to help him win the 2020 election, according to John Bolton's new book: https://www.businessinsider.com/bolton- ... ion-2020-6
Easy to explain away and defend, which is going to be unfortunate, because this person wouldn't buck his party.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:36 pm

**** Bolton.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:40 pm

also keep in mind that "karen" was being used before the racist occurrences, like the woman who was complaining about having to wear a mask at a Costco. Karen doesn't mean "racist white women", it's "shitty white woman"

again, it's fine if we want to say toxic white women are Karens. But then we're saying it's fine to call toxic black women Sheniquas.

if you guys don't see the double standard, I honestly don't know what we as a society can do. If you're wondering why some white people are angry, this is why. If you're refusing to understand this then we'll never make peace
According to minorities since we're white we have all the power therefore they can't be racist against us. You can't tell them they're wrong or you're racist.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Will somebody please think of those poor Karens calling for the manager or spitting on people because they're mad at her for not wearing a mask. When will Karens matter?

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Or it's just a word that some throw around when others don't agree with them.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Will somebody please think of those poor Karens calling for the manager or spitting on people because they're mad at her for not wearing a mask. When will Karens matter?
this isn't close to what this discussion is about but I'm glad you have your mind already made up

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:51 pm

this isn't close to what this discussion is about but I'm glad you have your mind already made up
The discussion is if we're okay with karen and boomer we have to be okay with "Shaniqua."

How'd I do?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:58 pm

You're such a good person.
I don’t mean this in any negative way, just an observation.

With how much MR25 tries to show how woke he is to probably an all white board one has to wonder if he is trying to make up for something that he did in his past.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Wtf

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Does this make Dick Durbin racist, or is Tim Scott not black because he's GOP?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Wtf
is this to the police officer getting a felony murder charge or nobody accusing MR25 of doing something shady?

or maybe both

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:03 pm

That was at nobody.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:04 pm

TIL "Dixie Chicks" is racist.