Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:45 pm

The most important thing to know is that Trump isn’t viewed in the same lens as others.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:50 pm

I also feel the “but fascism” thing is hilarious because there’s been arguments of “well it’s ok because our side won with interference.” That feels just as bad.
Why do people conveniently forget the DNC actually rigged an election? It’s possible they are trying again right now.

Yes I believe Stone is guilty of perjury, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he might not have had a fair trial. That is one of the most basic things in our country. The right to a fair trial.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:52 pm

I also feel the “but fascism” thing is hilarious because there’s been arguments of “well it’s ok because our side won with interference.” That feels just as bad.
Why do people conveniently forget the DNC actually rigged an election? It’s possible they are trying again right now.

Yes I believe Stone is guilty of perjury, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he might not have had a fair trial. That is one of the most basic things in our country. The right to a fair trial.
I'm not even speaking of a single party. This happens on both sides. I think there's much debate happening right now, that because he didn't get a "fair" trial, it absolves him of criminal behavior. Which is doesn't, but I've seen a variety of posts here and elsewhere that get dangerously close to loving the Russian interference.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:57 pm

If she didn’t perjure herself in jury selection, I don’t see what the point is. You want a new trial because your defense was incompetent? You had your pick, it’s not like you got a public defender, it’s not like you shopped on a budget.
There needs to be a bit of accountability here.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:16 pm

"People who I don't like shouldn't get a fair trial"

Same people saying Trump is a fascist.
So if he got a “fair” trail. Which side of the aisle do you fall on. Innocent or guilty?

I’d a retrial is needed then fine, he’s due that, but we’re dangerously close to letting a guy get away with damning stuff and some people support that as well.
Does it really matter what you think I think?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:18 pm

So if he got a “fair” trail. Which side of the aisle do you fall on. Innocent or guilty?

I’d a retrial is needed then fine, he’s due that, but we’re dangerously close to letting a guy get away with damning stuff and some people support that as well.
I mean for discussion sure. I think you’re on the it’s OK it happens everywhere let him go side, though.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 pm

I mean for discussion sure. I think you’re on the it’s OK it happens everywhere let him go side, though.
Ok

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 am

Speaking of nailed. Yowza.
His campaign really does seem to attract the nutsos. I would genuinely be curious as to the path in a person's life that ultimately takes them to showing up topless pouring cherry Kool-Aid on themselves at a Sanders rally. :)

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:33 am

What do those chicks represent...? Are they against him even? Also, sick security...Bernie's whole campaign is gonna end up like Altamont...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am

What do those chicks represent...? Are they against him even? Also, sick security...Bernie's whole campaign is gonna end up like Altamont...

Edit: I’m still confused by it.
That’s when a fully clothed woman jumped up and tried to wrest the microphone out of the Vermont senator’s hand, before grabbing another one from the lectern, and started speaking about the candidate’s support for dairy farmers.

“Bernie, I’m your biggest supporter, and I’m here to ask you to stop pumping up the dairy industry and to stop pumping up animal agriculture,” she said. “I believe in you…” she continued, before the mic suddenly went dead and security moved toward her.
So I guess it’s an anti-dairy protest?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 am

The joakim Phoenix bloc

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:11 am

Strippers union members?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:56 am

This is hilarious.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 am

Might as well call them deplorables.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:18 am

Is Bloomberg designed to steer people left?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:46 am

Has anyone on this forum actually talked to a real-life human being that has expressed any interest in voting for this man? The only redeemable part of his campaign is that he can talk trash on Trump about being rich.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:49 am

Has anyone on this forum actually talked to a real-life human being that has expressed any interest in voting for this man?
my old man (who actually thinks Trump is draining the swamp) likes to bring up his name as a possibility to try and appease 99% of the rest of the family for his other bad political decisions.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:05 am

Has anyone on this forum actually talked to a real-life human being that has expressed any interest in voting for this man? The only redeemable part of his campaign is that he can talk trash on Trump about being rich.
A month ago my dad told me he was a Bloomberg guy. I think my face expressed so much disdain that he didn’t bother explaining that position and I certainly wasn’t about to ask.

Bloomberg is a good test case to show that being rich does not make you smart, it just gives you more conviction, regardless of how bad your opinion is.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 am

Bloomberg released a 'plan' for Social Security and a compulsory retirement savings plan.

I say 'plan' because it only talked about increasing the benefit. No mention of how to pay for those increases, or even make SS solvent.

He did nothing, basically.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:07 am

dodint... don't you know how government spending works these days? The answer to "how are we going to pay for it?" is "No one cares about the national debt."

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:18 am

dodint... don't you know how government spending works these days? The answer to "how are we going to pay for it?" is "No one cares about the national debt."
"until our team isn't the one managing the debt."

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:33 am

Nobody cares about the debt, the folks who think the people pretending to care are arguing in good faith are the problem.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:03 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/1 ... ack-115450
The carousel of rising and falling centrists is pushing Sanders ahead. Each of his competitors is now scrambling to emerge as the one credible alternative to him — and to do so convincingly before Super Tuesday, when the free-spending billionaire Michael Bloomberg begins to assert himself in that same centrist lane.

It may be too late. In Nevada this weekend — the first state with a sizable Latino vote — Democratic activists were still murmuring about the inability of Klobuchar and Tom Steyer to name Mexico’s president during interviews with Telemundo late last week. Polling suggests Buttigieg and Klobuchar are not exciting broad swaths of voters in Nevada and South Carolina. Warren finished a distant fourth in New Hampshire. Hoarse when she addressed a Clark County Democratic Party gala at the Tropicana on Saturday night, she said she’d caught a cold.
The moderate wing of the Democratic primary candidates are just cannibalizing each other right now.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Nobody cares about the debt, the folks who think the people pretending to care are arguing in good faith are the problem.
I just wanted to hear someone mention the single most obvious fix to SS solvency. Raise the taxable income cap from $137,700 to something a little more robust. $500,000. $1,000,000. Whatever. Just do something.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:41 pm

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/1 ... ack-115450
The carousel of rising and falling centrists is pushing Sanders ahead. Each of his competitors is now scrambling to emerge as the one credible alternative to him — and to do so convincingly before Super Tuesday, when the free-spending billionaire Michael Bloomberg begins to assert himself in that same centrist lane.

It may be too late. In Nevada this weekend — the first state with a sizable Latino vote — Democratic activists were still murmuring about the inability of Klobuchar and Tom Steyer to name Mexico’s president during interviews with Telemundo late last week. Polling suggests Buttigieg and Klobuchar are not exciting broad swaths of voters in Nevada and South Carolina. Warren finished a distant fourth in New Hampshire. Hoarse when she addressed a Clark County Democratic Party gala at the Tropicana on Saturday night, she said she’d caught a cold.
The moderate wing of the Democratic primary candidates are just cannibalizing each other right now.
Wait until you find out what the other side has become