Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm

nobody is a post-partisan partisan.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Agreed. Republicans are going to look bad.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/politics/ ... index.html
Overall, about half of Americans say they would blame either Trump (21%) or his Republican counterparts in Congress (26%) should Congress fail to fund the government by the midnight Friday deadline. About a third, 31%, say they would hold the Democrats in Congress responsible, and another 10% say they'd blame all three groups. Among Republicans, 62% would blame the Democrats in Congress, while 43% of Democrats would blame Republicans on Capitol Hill and 29% would blame Trump.
Lol... more would blame democrat congress than republican congress.

Edit: I’m sure you’ll say oh look if you add trump in then that is “more”, I’m just comparing congress, which has more bearing on the situation.
Trump has a **** ton of bearing on this.

Trump in televised meeting - come to an agreement and I'll sign it.
Trump in response to bipartisan proposal - NO, MORE WHITE PEOPLE
McConnel and Ryan - <shrug>

More want the government funded than continuing DACA. I bet if trump wasn’t included on that poll, democrats would have more blame.

Again, I’m going by this CNN poll.
So you are saying if Trump wasn’t included, just dem vs repub congress, more would blame Dems?

Ok, like all of those people that are blaming trump are as likely to blame Dems. What world are you in right now?

Based on the fact that democrats are using DACA as the reason they will shut it down and the poll conducted has 56% of people polled saying DACA isn’t worth a shutdown.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:31 pm

dude, come on. You are republican. If you aren’t it’s super weird, because you spend an inordinate amount of time defending them

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:32 pm

I’m not a republican you twit. Does being a communist reduce brain cells?

Nope, but this does.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:32 pm

I’m not a republican you twit.
Although it certainly is a prime indicator, all dumb people are not necessarily Republicans...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 pm

All things are equal, including grunty's hate for Dems AND Republicans, CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?!?!?!

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm

dude, come on. You are republican. If you aren’t it’s super weird, because you spend an inordinate amount of time defending them

I’m glad you can tell me what I am. Lol.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Although it certainly is a prime indicator, all dumb people are not necessarily Republicans...

You’re living proof.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Nope, but this does.

That's a myth...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm

I can tell what you are by your arguments, just how you can probably tell I’m a Democrat despite not having a big D tattooed on my forehead.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

I know but that was part of the joke.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 pm

All things are equal, including grunty's hate for Dems AND Republicans, CAN'T YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?!?!?!

I actually vote more democrat now in Oklahoma than I do for republicans. It really depends on the issue and the person running. I’m guessing you all here just pull the lever for the democrat. You guys almost never have anything negative about Dems, and only negative things about republicans.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Are you sure you vote more democrat? Last I heard, you couldn't figure out how the whole ballot thing works...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 pm

I can tell what you are by your arguments, just how you can probably tell I’m a Democrat despite not having a big D tattooed on my forehead.

Well I hope you don’t have a big d tattooed to your forehead... :pop:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Are you sure you vote more democrat? Last I heard, you couldn't figure out how the whole ballot thing works...

Neither do you guys apparently, since it still counts everything else.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Change of topic, but I’m half jokingly, half seriously starting to believe Nunes is an undercover Russian operative. Pushing this “surveillance memo” story is so overtly false and cooked up by Russian bots it’s insane. At this point, it’s not even clouding the waters to prtotect trump, it goes way past that

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Change of topic, but I’m half jokingly, half seriously starting to believe Nunes is an undercover Russian operative. Pushing this “surveillance memo” story is so overtly false and cooked up by Russian bots it’s insane. At this point, it’s not even clouding the waters to prtotect trump, it goes way past that
It’s because nunes is a dumbass whom trump has dirt on. Probably nothing more.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:48 pm

It’s because nunes is a dumbass whom trump has dirt on. Probably nothing more.
Yea good point. It could be something of the sort.

I still find this memo thing nutty though

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:50 pm

I actually vote more democrat now in Oklahoma than I do for republicans. It really depends on the issue and the person running. I’m guessing you all here just pull the lever for the democrat. You guys almost never have anything negative about Dems, and only negative things about republicans.
For such a post-partisan wise man, you sure have some thick blinders on.

Off the top of my head, most here had negative things to say about the ACA, only agreeing that it's a better alternative to what the GOP has offered up.

I'm pretty sure stuffed shirt Columbia hates Bernie as much as any other garden variety republican.

And I dare you to find anything positive about clinton, that wasn't in relation to our current idiot president.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

For such a post-partisan wise man, you sure have some thick blinders on.

Off the top of my head, most here had negative things to say about the ACA, only agreeing that it's a better alternative to what the GOP has offered up.

I'm pretty sure stuffed shirt Columbia hates Bernie as much as any other garden variety republican.

And I dare you to find anything positive about clinton, that wasn't in relation to our current idiot president.

Yet, most fell in line to every position the democrats proposed or to elect a democrat, ACA and Clinton, even though they were severely flawed and/or probably bad for the country. Newsflash, you don’t have to vote for either party.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:01 pm

Newsflash, you don’t have to vote for either party.
You proved that. :pop:
Sorry, too easy.

I honestly don't understand why the hang-up on personal politics. We all know where each other is on the spectrum, regardless of whether they're registered to a party or not. I see this thread more as a window to how other people or the other side views issues, even if I think they or their reasoning might be wackadoodle.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Sorry, too easy.

I honestly don't understand why the hang-up on personal politics. We all know where each other is on the spectrum, regardless of whether they're registered to a party or not. I see this thread more as a window to how other people or the other side views issues, even if I think they or their reasoning might be wackadoodle.
Yes, it's quite annoying that this is where the discussion had to go today.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Sorry, too easy.

Yes, it's quite annoying that this is where the discussion had to go today.

Says the guy that steered it that way.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Take it to the I need a ruling thread :mrgreen: