Politics And Current Events

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:24 pm

Come on guys. No one person is actually reviewing 60k of these things. I’m sure she has a team under her that monitors things and they have a deep ass nested if statement to deny.
If Johnny has normal BMI and Johnny doesn’t smoke and Johnny is under 35 and Johnny has no chronic disease then deny claim

Also, this is the definition of shortsightedness. You pay for the cheap stuff now so you don’t have to pay for the expense stuff later. So pay for a blood test now or pay for chemo later? Easy choice

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:44 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/25/politics ... index.html

Can we talk about how **** up it is that Trump is going to Waco for the anniversary of the psycho homicidal pedophile cultists (if your leader is a pedophile polgamist, then you're a pedophile cult, sorry) ?

The same cultists that inspired the friggin Oklahoma City bombing.

I mean sure, I am sure some Leftists talk about MOVE that way, but it's not like Obama went there to honor the anniversary. As a whole, we just grant so much latitude to the GOP to foment violence.
It's completely disgusting and the fact that most of the GOP ignores it or approves it shows that the party should be classified as a terrorist organization.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:13 pm

Meow is still mad that he can’t yell fire in a movie theater.

One totally can yell "fire" in a theater.

The phrase comes from the 1919 Supreme Court opinion in Schenck vs. United States that upheld the imprisonment of three people—a newspaper editor, a pamphlet publisher, and a public speaker—who argued that military conscription was wrong. During WWI, Congress passed the utterly despicable and unconstitutional Sedition Act of 1918, which made it illegal to use "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, its flag, or its armed forces or that caused others to view the American government or its institutions with contempt. The Court said that anti-war speech in wartime is like “falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic,” and it justified the Sedition Act with a dubious analogy to the longstanding principle that the First Amendment doesn’t protect speech that incites people to physical violence. But the Supreme Court abandoned the logic of that case more than 50 years ago. In fact, the author of Schenck, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, would himself later repudiate those cases and argue for stronger protections for free speech. The Sedition Act would never be upheld today.

meow

Postby meow » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Woof

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:30 pm

So basically any group of incel misanthropes can start a tp USA chapter at a university in order to invite the most loathsome public figures they can to give speeches, and because colleges get state funding, this is “constitutional”.

The constitution is outdated and not equipped to structure society anymore.
So you believe that the First Amendment should not apply to public schools? I assume then that you believe that Florida's "stop woke" and "don't say gay" bills should not have been blocked by the courts? Because if public schools can discriminate based on speech, then those sorts of laws would be perfectly fine.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:35 am

Re 60,000 denials a month insurance lady

I would not be surprised at all if the denials were algorithmically driven and were rather just issued by her office/over her name on a form letter, and that no human laid eyes on the claims for before denial. That's like the YouTube copyright claim instances we've talked about; there's just too much volume for the available headcount for actual human eyes to review and approve rejections on the first pass. And rejections are pretty much the only way insurance companies make any money.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:43 am

Re speech stuff

I am not in favor, generally, of prior restraint type stuff, that's gross. The bar of what should be allowable there is exceedingly high. But in instances where there's a causal relationship between speech and criminal action I'm on board with the insertion of Mjölnir into the speaker's rectum. Provided you can show actual incitement, which can certainly be a delicate nuance. To me 1/6 was a very clear case of incitement by many parties. The Bernie Bro that shot Steve Scalise is more akin to an addled grape-brain like Mark David Chapman.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:22 am

So basically any group of incel misanthropes can start a tp USA chapter at a university in order to invite the most loathsome public figures they can to give speeches, and because colleges get state funding, this is “constitutional”.

The constitution is outdated and not equipped to structure society anymore.
So you believe that the First Amendment should not apply to public schools? I assume then that you believe that Florida's "stop woke" and "don't say gay" bills should not have been blocked by the courts? Because if public schools can discriminate based on speech, then those sorts of laws would be perfectly fine.
I don’t know. I think if the first amendment somehow allows college need clubs to host nazis and bigots on public property and also allows state governments to censor materials to the extent that the Florida law does, then it’s bad.

But, I gather the constitution is actually fine. It’s been the subsequent Supreme Court interpretations that have resulted in this stupid state

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:13 am

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/25/politics ... index.html

Can we talk about how **** up it is that Trump is going to Waco for the anniversary of the psycho homicidal pedophile cultists (if your leader is a pedophile polgamist, then you're a pedophile cult, sorry) ?

The same cultists that inspired the friggin Oklahoma City bombing.

I mean sure, I am sure some Leftists talk about MOVE that way, but it's not like Obama went there to honor the anniversary. As a whole, we just grant so much latitude to the GOP to foment violence.
It's completely disgusting and the fact that most of the GOP ignores it or approves it shows that the party should be classified as a terrorist organization.
Unsurprisingly, the cult is very happy with the visit

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/branch-d ... 1d6a9f/amp

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:29 pm

He'll never have enough non-cowards willing to use their dead bodies as his personal stairs to the throne.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:57 pm

Who comes up with this ****

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:07 pm

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:32 pm

Was going to post this earlier but didn’t even want to give it legs.

Ridiculous.

meow

Postby meow » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:40 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:48 pm

Nope, digital black face is not a thing.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:52 pm

Digital Blackface sounds like a dope hip hop album

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:20 pm

They out here saying that digital blackface is a thing.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 pm

wut

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:06 pm

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:36 pm

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:37 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:02 pm

PA Corporations Trapping Workers In 'Indentured Servitude': Officials

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/across-p ... -officials

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:22 am

I am very thankful to have this population of middle aged white guys to let me know what is what on the racial landscape of things.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:58 am

I am very thankful to have this population of middle aged white guys to let me know what is what on the racial landscape of things.
In fairness, we've done a lot of research

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:30 pm

I don’t know. I think if the first amendment somehow allows college need clubs to host nazis and bigots on public property and also allows state governments to censor materials to the extent that the Florida law does, then it’s bad.

The first amendment permits the former but not the latter.