Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Michael Flynn has requested a recess after the judge asked government attorneys whether he could have been charged with treason. The court is now on break until 12:30.
While they've (apparently) got the requisite two witnesses to the same act, my understanding of treason is that it more or less requires a state of war exists between the US and A and the nation to whom the accused gives 'aid and comfort'.

Something can be treasonous without being the criminal offense of treason imo.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Is the Flynn hearing over? The conspiracy people are changing their story as the details are coming aht.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Michael Flynn has requested a recess after the judge asked government attorneys whether he could have been charged with treason. The court is now on break until 12:30.
While they've (apparently) got the requisite two witnesses to the same act, my understanding of treason is that it more or less requires a state of war exists between the US and A and the nation to whom the accused gives 'aid and comfort'.

Something can be treasonous without being the criminal offense of treason imo.
Yeah. The judge has backed off of those statements, per Twitter

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Is the Flynn hearing over? The conspiracy people are changing their story as the details are coming aht.
I think they delayed it again, sounds like the judge wants to wait until his cooperation is complete. Or gave Flynn the option to wait that he has now chosen that path

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Flynn asked for a delay in sentencing, citing that due to the cases yesterday, he may further provide more information.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/second-wo ... dershowitz
A second alleged trafficking victim of financier and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein has reportedly claimed the billionaire “directed” her to have sex with Alan Dershowitz—but the renowned lawyer has dismissed her claim as “delusional,” saying he’d never met her.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Flynn asked for a delay in sentencing, citing that due to the cases yesterday, he may further provide more information.

Probably needs to change his underwear as well.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm

I’m reading that the judge withdrew the treason statement because Flynn’s lobbying position ended before he was appointed national security advisor. Does that mean all the turkey stuff had nothing to do with his cooperation so far?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Judge Sullivan later walked this back: "I made a statement about Mr. Flynn acting as a foreign agent in the White House" and says he realizes that was incorrect. Prosecutor Van Grack says the foreign lobbying Flynn did ended before the Trump administration began.
https://t.co/C0pZBOAaM6

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:18 pm

I think the Turkey stuff is what he's reportedly going to continue talking about with Mueller.

Another thing that came out that was a talking point with Fox News and Co. was the mismanagement of the FBI lying thing. He had a chance to argue it, and he said he did not want to challenge it.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Basically thanks to a Judge #UmpShow playing for clicks and RT's they pushed it back.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:21 pm

I don't think that's what anyone said at all

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:27 pm

it seems like the judge asked the prosecutors if they think Flynn’s conduct amounted to treason, which they seem to have said no, that it came up, but he was never going to charged with it

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:29 pm

I think the Turkey stuff is what he's reportedly going to continue talking about with Mueller.

Another thing that came out that was a talking point with Fox News and Co. was the mismanagement of the FBI lying thing. He had a chance to argue it, and he said he did not want to challenge it.
Seems like flynn lucked out here. He’s arguably more culpable here than his partners, but because he has info for mueller, he gets off “Scott free” on it

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:31 pm

In other news, a New York state senator twittered at someone to kill themselves after they called him out for misusing a parking placard.

#thatescalatedquickly

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:34 pm

In other news, a New York state senator twittered at someone to kill themselves after they called him out for misusing a parking placard.

#thatescalatedquickly
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4218 ... ver-use-of

:face:

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:38 pm

#thatescalatedquickly

:shock:
looks like he forgot to log out of his official twitter before posting

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Huh, I thought Kevin Parker was Australian.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

So the judge just sat up there going on about Flynn being a traitor then just gets to say, "Opps, forget i said that"?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

The conspiracy trolls are turning on Judge Sullivan. :lol:
He was supposed to be the hero and dismiss Flynn’s Trumped up charges.
Mueller must have made him see his shadow...9 more weeks of cooperation.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm

So the judge just sat up there going on about Flynn being a traitor then just gets to say, "Opps, forget i said that"?
I don't think he went on about him being a traitor. He asked if he could be committed of treason. Then apologized for how he sounded and said he wasn't suggesting, just asking.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:04 pm

The conspiracy trolls are turning on Judge Sullivan. :lol:
He was supposed to be the hero and dismiss Flynn’s Trumped up charges.
Mueller must have made him see his shadow...9 more weeks of cooperation.
JUDGE SULLIVAN GAVE HIM MORE TIME TO BE BLACKMAILED.

FISA, HILLARY, CLINTON FOUNDATION!

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:10 pm

#thatescalatedquickly

:shock:
looks like he forgot to log out of his official twitter before posting
There is some added irony involved.

https://brooklyneagle.com/articles/2018 ... -licenses/
A state lawmaker is proposing a change to New York’s gun laws to allow authorities to search social media for potential red flags before approving a handgun license.

State Senator Kevin Parker’s bill would mandate that applicants provide investigators with their Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram passwords and access to their Google, Yahoo and Bing searches.

The Brooklyn Democrat wants investigators to look at the last three years of an applicant’s social media postings and a year of their search histories for “any good cause for the denial of a license,” such as racial slurs, threats of violence and terrorism-related posts.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:28 pm

I don't think he went on about him being a traitor. He asked if he could be committed of treason. Then apologized for how he sounded and said he wasn't suggesting, just asking.
Sounds more than just a question.
Judge slams Michael Flynn:

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Judge slams Michael Flynn:

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."