Politics And Current Events

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Rush is expressing doubt that the Moore story.

Go on

Rush also had this to say today:
“Did you know that before 1992, when a lot of this was going on, that Judge Moore was a Democrat?” Limbaugh said on his radio show. “Nobody said a word.”

“When he supposedly was attracted to inappropriately-aged girls - he was a Democrat,” Limbaugh added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36034 ... llegations

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Maybe he prayed it away after becoming a Republican.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

It worked for Mikey.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:37 pm

huh

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:42 pm

another way to say it is that a college kid chose to drink too much, and he died because of it.
He didn't die from over drinking.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Rush is expressing doubt that the Moore story.

Go on

Rush also had this to say today:
“Did you know that before 1992, when a lot of this was going on, that Judge Moore was a Democrat?” Limbaugh said on his radio show. “Nobody said a word.”

“When he supposedly was attracted to inappropriately-aged girls - he was a Democrat,” Limbaugh added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36034 ... llegations
It is absolutely hilarious to me that they are trying to make this into an R-D thing.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 pm

huh
It was a dumb joke. Carry on.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm

That Penn State hazing story back in the news. apparently new footage shows them giving him 18 beers in an hour or something.

another way to say it is that a college kid chose to drink too much, and he died because of it. this story makes me very nervous. unless the guy was restrained or otherwise forced into excessive drinking, i just think it's wrong to punish anyone for what happened. accountability is a difficult topic, but this seems fairly straightforward. uh uh. don't like this at all.
The fraternity president and vice president should probably be held accountable. All that hazing **** is under their watch and if it goes awry it falls on their shoulders. Sucks for them, but I believe those sort of responsibilities are communicated to them all the time.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

I can also picture the 14 y.o feeling forced into something when a 32 y.o. would see it as merely suggestive.
Huh, taking off hers and his clothes and feeling her up and then placing her hand on his underwear is merely suggestive?
Caveat: I'm not arguing that it wasn't statutory rape.
I'm saying that it's not sexual assault. The most assault worthy claim in her telling (as I recall it) was that he tried to get her to touch his member over his underwear. If they were two adults, who had just passed second base, is suggesting running to third sexual assault? The account of her's that I've read didn't detail how the attempt was turned down and what happened immediately afterwards. It simply reads as they passed second base and he wanted to go further and she didn't. It doesn't make mention that she didn't want to or gave a sign that she didn't want to get to second base.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm

I am going to guess you were not in a fraternity TL

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Brett J. Talley, nominated by President Donald Trump to the Federal District Court in Montgomery, Alabama, has never tried a case, is married to a White House lawyer, and has been dubbed as unqualified by the American Bar Association.
I'm not saying Talley is qualified, but the ABA is an unabashedly biased organization that is dominated by left-wing lawyers. I am not a member and would never join.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm

The SBA sucks too, if we're making a list.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Also, there are lots of lawyers who have never tried cases.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Uh aren't most of the issues with the penn state frat thing involve the fact that they let him lay there more or less ignored him, then coerced other frat brothers to keep their mouths shut?

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm more of an ACLJ guy, myself.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Uh aren't most of the issues with the penn state frat thing involve the fact that they let him lay there more or less ignored him, then coerced other frat brothers to keep their mouths shut?
This was my understanding as well. I didn't think this was an alcohol poisoning thing. As far as I understood, it went beyond that.

If I'm the head of a school/university, I'm taking the FSU route and cutting ties with greek life. It's not worth the risk to be associated with them.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm

#fakenews of the day
Russia's 'irrefutable evidence' of US help for Isis appears to be video game still
Russia’s defence ministry has tried to pass off what appear to be stills from a mobile phone military simulation game as “irrefutable evidence” of cooperation between US forces and Islamic State militants in Syria.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... game-still

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

'Creep list' of men known for inappropriate behavior circulates in Congress: report
Staff say an unwritten "creep list" of lawmakers and other Capitol Hill employees known for unwanted or inappropriate sexual behavior is being circulated through word-of-mouth, according to a new report in CNN.

The list keeps track of the male members most known for their inappropriate behavior in the offices, where one former House aide said that many men "have no self-control" around their female colleagues.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... wn-for?amp
I just heard Jackie Speier on live TV say there has been $15 million in taxpayer funded settlements of sexual harassment suits filed against sitting Congressmen in the past ten years or so.

columbia

Postby columbia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:18 pm

The AG is possibly guilty of perjury and the news of that he might open an investigation on others

What a country.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 pm

RNC just pulled its funding agreement with the Roy Moore campaign.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:56 pm

This was my understanding as well. I didn't think this was an alcohol poisoning thing. As far as I understood, it went beyond that.

If I'm the head of a school/university, I'm taking the FSU route and cutting ties with greek life. It's not worth the risk to be associated with them.

But, but, but, they'll just go underground.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 pm

The AG might open an investigation on others

What a country.
After seeing him testify today, Sessions doesn't seem to want any part of that.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm

:thumb:

Get rid of the athletic programs too and college might actually become a place of higher learning...

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 pm

:thumb:

Get rid of the athletic programs too and college might actually become a place of higher learning...
*high five*

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

I just heard Jackie Speier on live TV say there has been $15 million in taxpayer funded settlements of sexual harassment suits filed against sitting Congressmen in the past ten years or so.
If I'm paying hush money, I want to know details...

:pop: