Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:35 pm

He conceded
Nope. He needs to concede and tell his fans it's over. He lost.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:45 pm

He conceded
When?

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Selective law and order

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:03 pm

@King Colby
What in the two Obama quotes is incorrect or divisive?
Tweet 1)
Race issues politically can be summed up right now by the answer to the following:
Are non-whites at a disadvantage in society because of their race?
If the answer is yes, you're trying to find ways to remove that disadvantage.
If the answer is no, any change made will put white people at a disadvantage. You can't take more of my tax money to help those other people because I don't have an advantage.

Tweet 2)
Other than incorrectly attributing them as Evangelicals, I don't see anything wrong in the comment.
Despite comments about Mexican immigrants, legal and illegal, and his administration's policies at the border, Trump saw increased support with border Hispanics voters. One rationalization is that their devoutness led them to the candidate that opposes abortion and supports their definition of marriage. That their Faith guided their vote. This is no different than Shyster being guided by his 2A principles, nor shaf and his judiciary four years ago.
Its really quite simple. A former president who is part of the party that "wants to bring the country together" is making generalized and negatively-connotated posts about groups of people such as white male Republicans and religious Latinos?

Essentially stated white male Republicans have a victim complex and religious Latinos are stupid idiots because they think gay marriage and abortion is more important than "putting kids in cages"

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Others seeking creative ways to forge ties to the president include Joseph Maldonado-Passage, the former Oklahoma zoo owner who is better known as Joe Exotic. His representatives have been running a carefully orchestrated campaign to try to persuade Mr. Trump to pardon Mr. Maldonado-Passage, who is one year into a 22-year sentence for trying to hire a hit man to kill an animal-rights activist.

They have focused on getting Mr. Trump’s attention through appeals to Donald Trump Jr. and Mr. Kushner, appearances on Fox News and a visit to the Trump International Hotel in Washington where, one organizer said, they ran up a tab of about $10,000 to try to get Mr. Trump’s attention.
:lol:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:53 pm

So does Flynn have to testify against Trump if called?

How does that work?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm reading he has no 5th amendment rights. Is that true?

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:14 pm

@King Colby
What in the two Obama quotes is incorrect or divisive?
Tweet 1)
Race issues politically can be summed up right now by the answer to the following:
Are non-whites at a disadvantage in society because of their race?
If the answer is yes, you're trying to find ways to remove that disadvantage.
If the answer is no, any change made will put white people at a disadvantage. You can't take more of my tax money to help those other people because I don't have an advantage.

Tweet 2)
Other than incorrectly attributing them as Evangelicals, I don't see anything wrong in the comment.
Despite comments about Mexican immigrants, legal and illegal, and his administration's policies at the border, Trump saw increased support with border Hispanics voters. One rationalization is that their devoutness led them to the candidate that opposes abortion and supports their definition of marriage. That their Faith guided their vote. This is no different than Shyster being guided by his 2A principles, nor shaf and his judiciary four years ago.
Its really quite simple. A former president who is part of the party that "wants to bring the country together" is making generalized and negatively-connotated posts about groups of people such as white male Republicans and religious Latinos?

Essentially stated white male Republicans have a victim complex and religious Latinos are stupid idiots because they think gay marriage and abortion is more important than "putting kids in cages"
I believe he’s speaking to the extremes, as you suggested earlier. And maybe you’re right, that it shouldn’t be done. I’m not really sure where I stand on that. However, there’s no denying that these groups he mentions do exist. I’d like to find the full context of all this to see if he’s demonizing these groups of if he’s saying there needs to be a way to connect to them. I feel like a common ground would be a good thing, rather than just ignoring the extremes on both sides. But maybe that’s a fool’s errand.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Former President Obama on Wednesday said that he believes President Trump was successful in garnering support from more than 73 million Americans this election cycle because some members of the Republican Party have promoted a narrative that “white males are victims.”

During an interview with the radio show “The Breakfast Club,” Obama said that while the existing government “has failed miserably in handling just basic looking after the American people and keeping them safe,” millions of people still voted to re-elect Trump because they believed they were “under attack” by Democrats.

“It turns out politics is not just about policy, it’s not just about numbers, it’s about the stories that are being told,” said Obama, who appeared on the show to promote his new book, “A Promised Land.”

“And the story that they’re hearing from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and, in some cases, inside their churches, is that Democrats don’t believe in Christmas, only care about minorities and Black folks and are trying to take your stuff and trying to take your guns away,” he continued.

“What’s always interesting to me is the degree to which you’ve seen created in Republican politics the sense that white males are victims,” Obama said. “They are the ones who are under attack – which obviously doesn’t jive with both history and data and economics. But that’s a sincere belief that’s been internalized, that’s a story that’s being told and how you unwind that is going to be not something that is done right away, it’s going to take some time.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/52764 ... re-victims

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Re Flynn

I don't think he has a 5th Amendment out, unless there's some other underlying criminal conduct. So there are circumstances in which his testimony could be compelled.

But accepting the pardon does mean that he has now admitted to breaking the law three times in this affair, and I'm not sure what that means as regards his various arguments that were made in court on this subject as he reversed his plea. Does accepting a pardon - which means by definition admitting guilt - open him up to perjury charges as regards his more recent court filings in which he adamantly claimed his innocence and FBI coercion?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:50 pm

:lol:

What a tool that lady is.

The super Fascist loses in court and can't even win re-election.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:57 pm

I'm surprised she doesn't have a PSA as her middle name...

Amy "Don't forget to wipe" Siskind...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Hey... what’s going on with Hunter’s laptop?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:09 am

Trump retweeting calls to pardon himself, lol

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:10 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Trump retweeting calls to pardon himself, lol
So what's he pardoning himself from?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Being a pissbaby.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Pardon declined

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:16 am

Apparently they’re discussing having Pence pardon him from all crimes against the US that happened during his time.

When Nixon was pardoned, he was pardoned for all crimes that way but never tried in the SC.

Which is hilarious because if you’re talking about pardoning yourself, you must have done a crime against the US.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am

I can't wait til this cuck goes away

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:34 am

I like people who don’t lose elections.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 am

Dilberts brain is the og galaxy brain