Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:20 pm

Speaking of coup, whatever happened in China two weeks ago where there were rumblings of it?

/edit - fake news

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:00 pm

I havn't heard about a coup attempt in China.

Do you have a link?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:13 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:49 am

I suppose it’s the Louisiana accent, but the way he said crackhead had me giggling.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:52 am

lol

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 am

All national anthems should be like England's. 30 seconds and done.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 am

I always thought this was a sneaky troll job that we should have used as our natty

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:09 am

30 seconds and done is my middle name

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:16 am

I always thought this was a sneaky troll job that we should have used as our natty

this **** always confused me as a kid (why we had a song to the theme of God Save the Queen* but with Americanized lyrics)

also, looking at the wiki page, apparently this WAS the de facto US national anthem until the Star Spangled Banner was officially adopted in 1930

*huh, it’s God Save the King now right?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:24 pm

Great society we've built here.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:17 am

Maybe she should have just prayed instead.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:51 am

Methotrexate doesn't kill fetuses, people do

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:34 am

Huh. After a trip to Wikipedia, TIL that the country with the most coups d'état and revolutions in its history is Bolivia, with over 190 total in its history and 23 attempted (11 successful) since 1950.
The most recent of course being the complete takeover and conversion of the country into a narco-state by the Santa Blanca drug cartel run by Mexican kingpin Rodrigo Morales (aka El Sueño).

#ghostreconwildlands

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:19 am

Pathetic that we need the Supreme Court to resolve this. There should absolutely be rules around the content YouTube allows on the platform

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:07 am

You say that like there aren't pretty strict content rules already. I'm all open to suggestions as to what these rules should be, inasmuch as they are different now that what existed in 2015.

What I'm finding really weird about YouTube of late is that my recommendations seem to have become device-specific. I get the usual mix of reccos of recent uploads by my subs and the channels they follow and all that jazz. But to the extent that I still have any firearm-related channels that I follow, I really only watch those videos on the living room TV after Mrs Tif turns in for the night. So that means when I log in to YT on the Fire Stick (nee PS4), the video reccos there include nonsense like JRE and Ben Shapiro that under no conceivable circumstances am I ever going to click, nor have I ever clicked. But those channels are never promoted in other login instances. I don't know if that's how the platform has always worked and I'm only just now noticing it, but it has become very apparent over the last year or so.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:12 am

You say that like there aren't pretty strict content rules already. I'm all open to suggestions as to what these rules should be, inasmuch as they are different now that what existed in 2015.

What I'm finding really weird about YouTube of late is that my recommendations seem to have become device-specific. I get the usual mix of reccos of recent uploads by my subs and the channels they follow and all that jazz. But to the extent that I still have any firearm-related channels that I follow, I really only watch those videos on the living room TV after Mrs Tif turns in for the night. So that means when I log in to YT on the Fire Stick (nee PS4), the video reccos there include nonsense like JRE and Ben Shapiro that under no conceivable circumstances am I ever going to click, nor have I ever clicked. But those channels are never promoted in other login instances. I don't know if that's how the platform has always worked and I'm only just now noticing it, but it has become very apparent over the last year or so.
What strict content rules? Their internal policies?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:21 am

Chrome randomly will sign out for me, so if I go to Youtube when I am not signed in, I get all the random **** Youtuber suggestions.

If I have to look at "SSSniperwolf"s stupid O face one more time...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:38 am

What strict content rules? Their internal policies?
I would like to know what rules you think should be in place that are not, and how you would propose enforcing them. Whether they are terms-of-use/service level things or statutory reforms.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:45 am

If you are signed in under the same google/youtube account on multiple devices...you would see the same suggestions no?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 am

I would like to know what rules you think should be in place that are not, and how you would propose enforcing them. Whether they are terms-of-use/service level things or statutory reforms.
The same type of rules that prevent TV and radio from broadcasting obscene content.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:41 pm

The same type of rules that prevent TV and radio from broadcasting obscene content.
are you a Christian mom in the 90s?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:44 pm

one thing I don’t understand about this lawsuit…are they alleging that these videos were being reported for encouraging violence and YouTube refused to take them down or are they expecting YouTube to moderate their content as it gets uploaded?

because the latter is ridiculous and will lead to a lot of issues with content creators trying to upload videos only to get rejected by an AI because the video contains certain keywords

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:51 pm

I know it when I see it. :lol:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Next he'll want pr0n banned from the internet.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Tipper Loney.