Politics And Current Events

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:53 am

Guys, McCabe is a drama llama.
Wow, so many lies by now disgraced acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe. He was fired for lying, and now his story gets even more deranged. He and Rod Rosenstein, who was hired by Jeff Sessions (another beauty), look like they were planning a very illegal act, and got caught.....
....There is a lot of explaining to do to the millions of people who had just elected a president who they really like and who has done a great job for them with the Military, Vets, Economy and so much more. This was the illegal and treasonous “insurance policy” in full action!

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:57 am

This is the important business being attended to during the national emergency while our president was in mar-a-lago.
Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am

without retribution, lmao. This dude is senile.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:08 am

Look at the presser and the weird correction Trump had to make after his meeting with Putin. This behavior isn’t normal. Is that partisanship?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:21 am

Look at the presser and the weird correction Trump had to make after his meeting with Putin. This behavior isn’t normal. Is that partisanship?
The only person that actually defends his demeanor and behavior is Ned.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:25 am

I do wish the left would stop trotting out the 25th amendment stuff. Same with the impeachment for collusion thing, don't do it until it's definite.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am

I’m having doubts the report sees light of day.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:42 am

I’m tired of you guys having your heads so far up your asses when it comes to any type of critical thinking
Being a contrarian for contrary's sake isn't "critical thinking", though.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am

"critical thinking" lol

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:59 am

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:15 am

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:18 am

Good stuff.
“Napoleon seized control of France, crowned himself emperor, defeated 4 coalitions, invaded Russia, lost, was defeated and exiled, returned, and was defeated and exiled again, all in less time than the US spent trying to make Afghanistan stable.”
https://twitter.com/samuelmoyn/status/1 ... 2345029632

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:32 am

He was a busy man

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 am

With bad teeth.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 am

At this point, it is very, very difficult for anyone "in the know" to criticize Trump and not be belittled, smeared, or called an opportunist. McCabe and Comey are both sleazes, apparently. Is there anyone who could say something negative about Trump and not be called partisan?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Yes, all the entire former fbi leaders are bad actors who lead the deep state conspiracy against trump. Good thing the conservative media smoked them all out
That isn’t what Freddy is saying, but go ahead and believe he thinks that.
You might be a partisan hack if your takeaway from this whole **** show is to think Comey and McCabe aren’t credible.

I think this illustrates why I dislike your persona in this thread so much. You call people hacks all the time and pretend to be above partisanship, but you are also just a hack.
They are definitely credible in some fashion. But that doesn’t discount they are sleaze taking advantage of dumbasses that want to hear anti-trump rhetoric, by pushing partisan messages and saying they are the moral authority. I’m tired of you guys having your heads so far up your asses when it comes to any type of critical thinking.
I don’t really care about their opportunism, the only thing that matters is credibility, which was directly questioned.

There is definitely merit to the argument about all these never trump conservatives getting disportionate air time on places like msnbc and the Sunday shows. The point is obviously that the only people capable of honest criticism are Republicans. So what we have **** msnbc staffed with former bush administrators and bill Kristol getting on the bill Maher show all time.

But none of this refutes the fact that calling Comey and McCabe not credible is a partisan talking point. I also don’t think these guys are hero’s, but they are only getting this treatment because they were disloyal to trump, and the best way to dismiss their criticism of trump is the deem them uncredible for reasons totally unrelated to their credibility relating to trump. Yeah, these guys probably did some gross **** to get to where they were. That doesn’t mean they framed trump

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:03 pm

I think all the things noted in the National Review special issue "Against Trump" are all still true.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Trump appoints son-in-law of new AG as legal advisor. Seems as if that's not cool.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Trump appoints son-in-law of new AG as legal advisor. Seems as if that's not cool.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... reddit.com
Seems like conflict of interest is why.
Tyler McGaughey, who is married to attorney general William Barr’s youngest daughter, left his post in the Justice Department for the new role.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Contacting the press but not the state department tells me she's not very serious.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:08 pm

I don’t really care about their opportunism, the only thing that matters is credibility, which was directly questioned.

There is definitely merit to the argument about all these never trump conservatives getting disportionate air time on places like msnbc and the Sunday shows. The point is obviously that the only people capable of honest criticism are Republicans. So what we have **** msnbc staffed with former bush administrators and bill Kristol getting on the bill Maher show all time.

But none of this refutes the fact that calling Comey and McCabe not credible is a partisan talking point. I also don’t think these guys are hero’s, but they are only getting this treatment because they were disloyal to trump, and the best way to dismiss their criticism of trump is the deem them uncredible for reasons totally unrelated to their credibility relating to trump. Yeah, these guys probably did some gross **** to get to where they were. That doesn’t mean they framed trump
The way I think about it is all these career law enforcement officers do not regard Trump in any sort of R or D context. These men and women - some of whom have investigated and closed some of the most consequential national security and counterintelligence investigations in the last 50 years, if not the whole of the republic's history - pretty much all seem to have mobilized against Trump in some capacity or other. They sought institutional remedies because they very much perceived him, or at least him as POTUS, as a threat to the country. This is not Never Trump in the Nicolle Wallace sense. This is Never Trump in the same way that a DEA agent would probably be against the idea of someone they knew to be cartel-adjacent serving in the office. The objections don't even touch on the political.

We as a nation have never really been in this kind of situation before.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Got tired of the rape and being treated like property?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Donald seems to be extra angsty towards the investigation this week too. Wonder if more news is going to break.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Like i said, McCabe was found to lie under oath to investigators, but he's totes Anti-Trump so he's "saving the system" and "loves his country". #hero
The Justice Department inspector general referred his finding that former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators to Washington’s top federal prosecutor, who will determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter.

The referral to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia occurred some time ago, after the inspector general concluded McCabe had lied to investigators or his boss, then-FBI Director James B. Comey, on four occasions, three of them under oath.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... cb3f23579b