So the judge made a false statement about Flynn? Lol

Kaiser

Politics And Current Events

Postby Kaiser » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Arguably.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Seems like they're kind of splitting hairs here. Flynn hadn't registered for that lobbying until 2017, do they know for sure when he officially stopped being Turkish lobbyist?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 pm

I’m not implying anything. Just found it funny.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 pm

The conspiracy trolls are turning on Judge Sullivan. :lol:
He was supposed to be the hero and dismiss Flynn’s Trumped up charges.
Mueller must have made him see his shadow...9 more weeks of cooperation.

Do you just stalk trump’s twitter, conspiracy boards, and mueller news all day?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Judge Sullivan indicated he disapproved of the plea deal that allowed Gen David Patraeus to avoid felony charges.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:22 pm

On Saturday, Fox News host Jeanine Pirro engaged in a bit of wishful fantasizing.

Earlier that week, Michael Flynn’s attorneys seemed to imply that he was tricked into lying to the FBI. In response, the judge in Flynn’s case asked for more information about Flynn’s interview. Pirro wagered that the judge, Emmet G. Sullivan, might blow up special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s entire case.

She hailed Sullivan as “a jurist unafraid of the swamp, a judge who has a track record of calling out prosecutorial misconduct, a man who does not tolerate injustice or abuse of power.” She suggested Flynn’s guilty plea might be thrown out: “The amazing part of it is, if he does it, then the house of cards of Robert Mueller falls.”
:lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 52b110e6e7

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 pm

So the judge just sat up there going on about Flynn being a traitor then just gets to say, "Opps, forget i said that"?
I don't think he went on about him being a traitor. He asked if he could be committed of treason. Then apologized for how he sounded and said he wasn't suggesting, just asking.
Sounds more than just a question.
Judge slams Michael Flynn:

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."
The first part again, corrected himself.

The second part about undermining everything the flag stands for and selling the country out. What isn't true? I don't think that's a direct implication of treason. He sold the country out for his profit, not to start a war.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Talk about splitting hairs.

In what way is "selling your country out" not treason?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm

On Saturday, Fox News host Jeanine Pirro engaged in a bit of wishful fantasizing.

Earlier that week, Michael Flynn’s attorneys seemed to imply that he was tricked into lying to the FBI. In response, the judge in Flynn’s case asked for more information about Flynn’s interview. Pirro wagered that the judge, Emmet G. Sullivan, might blow up special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s entire case.

She hailed Sullivan as “a jurist unafraid of the swamp, a judge who has a track record of calling out prosecutorial misconduct, a man who does not tolerate injustice or abuse of power.” She suggested Flynn’s guilty plea might be thrown out: “The amazing part of it is, if he does it, then the house of cards of Robert Mueller falls.”
:lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 52b110e6e7

Woah. Someone pontificating whats next in this whole saga and the opposite happens??
L O L at those dumb Fox News, and only Fox News, people.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Something, something, treason can only be committed during wartime.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Narrator-He did
The sleazy New York Democrats, and their now disgraced (and run out of town) A.G. Eric Schneiderman, are doing everything they can to sue me on a foundation that took in $18,800,000 and gave out to charity more money than it took in, $19,200,000. I won’t settle this case!...
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 80192?s=20

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:41 pm

People have spent 2 years playing as fast and loose as possible with the term "Treason," but this judge calling someone a "traitor to the country" in no way implied he was treasonous. Love it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:43 pm

The first part again, corrected himself.

The second part about undermining everything the flag stands for and selling the country out. What isn't true? I don't think that's a direct implication of treason. He sold the country out for his profit, not to start a war.
I think at the same time, the judge was over the top, but also justified in his scolding of Flynn. Flynn should have been above such conduct, even if he was just the tip of the iceberg on this shadow lobbying industry.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 pm

People have spent 2 years playing as fast and loose as possible with the term "Treason," but this judge calling someone a "traitor to the country" in no way implied he was treasonous. Love it.
Treason then, hang em.

That was a joke - I looked at it as selling your country out for profit, but that's just me.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Couple things, the judge was mistaken when he stated that Flynn was an unregistered agent of the Turkish government while acting NSA Director. Had Flynn been acting in that role while being paid by the Turkish government, while not technically treason by the legal definition, I would have a hard time arguing against that being treasonous.

It seems like the judge backtracked after being informed by the prosecutors that that was not the case. I think one can conclude that the judge made those statements based on that understanding, which was wrong and which the prosecutors corrected, and which the judge apologized for misstating right after being corrected.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Couple things, the judge was mistaken when he stated that Flynn was an unregistered agent of the Turkish government while acting NSA Director. Had Flynn been acting in that role while being paid by the Turkish government, while not technically treason by the legal definition, I would have a hard time arguing against that being treasonous.

It seems like the judge backtracked after being informed by the prosecutors that that was not the case. I think one can conclude that the judge made those statements based on that understanding, which was wrong and which the prosecutors corrected, and which the judge apologized for misstating right after being corrected.
Just ignore the apologized and backtracked part. We want to move those goalposts.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Sullivan apparently regrets suggesting that Flynn committed treason, telling Flynn and his lawyers not to "read too much" into his questions.

"I was just trying to determine the benefit and the generosity of the government," Sullivan said. "Don't read too much into the questions I ask." Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack said Mueller's team has "no concern" or no reason to think Flynn committed treason.
The hearing has started back up again, and Judge Sullivan has made clear that he wasn't suggesting that Flynn had committed treason, saying "the government has no reason to believe Flynn committed treason."

"I felt terrible about that," Sullivan said, after the prosecutor notes Flynn's conduct as a foreign agent ended in mid-Nov 2016. "I'm not suggesting he committed treason," Sullivan added.

Flynn's lawyer said he held "nothing back" in the cooperation deal.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Comey transcript 2 is aht.
In the new Comey transcript, Gowdy asks, why did you send agents to interview Flynn?

Comey answers: "One of the FBI's jobs is to understand the efforts of foreign adversaries to influence, coerce, corrupt the Government of the United States."
https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/107 ... 84768?s=21

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Mistrial!

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Yes we're aware the judge apologized.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:09 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/us/pitts ... _term=link

I thought this issue was cleared up on the WPXI Facebook page?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:14 pm

The bump stock part was cleared up by Trump, he banned them.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:21 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/15/opin ... atism.html

Can't believe these guys are getting away with murder and humbuggery.
This week, Anschutz and McKibben murdered The Weekly Standard, the conservative opinion magazine that Anschutz owned. They didn’t merely close it because it was losing money. They seemed to have murdered it out of greed and vengeance.

John Podhoretz, one of the magazine’s founders, reports that they actively prevented potential buyers from coming in to take it over and keep it alive. They apparently wanted to hurt the employees and harvest the subscription list so they could make money off it. And Anschutz, being a professing Christian, decided to close the magazine at the height of the Christmas season, and so cause maximum pain to his former employees and their families.
This piece is amazing.