Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Does anyone actually know how to accurately survey young voters?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 pm

At what amount of money does it start to matter?
Let's start with "any." Is there any proof that the NRA took Russian money and used it for political expenditures? The NRA has reported that over the period of 2015 to 2018, it received a grand total of slightly more than $2,500 from Russia, most of which was membership dues. I have't seen any evidence that any of that was used for campaign purposes. Neither have I seen any evidence that the NRA received any other money from anyone in Russia, let alone used Russian money to campaign on behalf of Donald Trump or anyone else.

If anyone can point me to anything to the contrary, I'd be glad to read it, but all I see on this topic is innuendo, which isn't worth anything.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Just caught up on this interrogation stuff. Wow.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Havin a normal one

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Montenegro's reaction...

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 am

I think Trump was kidnapped in Russia. Putin had him zombied on coke and whores, then drugged him and put a bomb in his chest.
That's right, Putin has the detonator to explode the only thing Trump cares about.
That's why he didn't have a real physical, so X-rays wouldn't reveal the bomb (under KGB orders).
This is also why Donnie eats such garbage. To induce a heart attack so the surgeons can remove the device before any trigger agents know what's happening.

llipgh2

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 am

Does anyone actually know how to accurately survey any voters?
Fixed it for you.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 am

U.S. Treasury moves to protect identities of 'dark money' political donors
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1K704F

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

https://www.scribd.com/document/3842169 ... from_embed

Mueller's list of evidence for Manafort Trial

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

Trump reportedly sees evidence that Putin issued hacking prior to his inauguration.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/trump-s ... eport.html

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

Let's start with "any." Is there any proof that the NRA took Russian money and used it for political expenditures? The NRA has reported that over the period of 2015 to 2018, it received a grand total of slightly more than $2,500 from Russia, most of which was membership dues. I have't seen any evidence that any of that was used for campaign purposes. Neither have I seen any evidence that the NRA received any other money from anyone in Russia, let alone used Russian money to campaign on behalf of Donald Trump or anyone else.

If anyone can point me to anything to the contrary, I'd be glad to read it, but all I see on this topic is innuendo, which isn't worth anything.
This is pretty much where I'm at with the NRA stuff. Has anything been proven or is it all conjecture and allegations?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am

This is pretty much where I'm at with the NRA stuff. Has anything been proven or is it all conjecture and allegations?
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/ ... uns-516804

NRA confirmed itself it received more money than reported, and they're not looking to help any further.
The National Rifle Association reported this week that it received more money from people with Russian ties than it has previously acknowledged, but announced that it was officially done cooperating with a congressional inquiry exploring whether illicit Kremlin-linked funding passed through the NRA and into Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said on Wednesday.

Wyden released a letter from the NRA, dated Tuesday, in which the gun rights group reported receiving $2,512.85 in contributions and membership dues “from people associated with Russian addresses” or known Russian nationals living in the United States from 2015 to the present. In the past, a congressional aide to Wyden said, the group had confirmed receiving only one financial contribution, in the form of a lifetime membership purchased by Alexander Torshin, a Russian banker.
I don't think you're truly going to know what is and what was funded...

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear............proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems...but they can ALL be solved!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

I guess in regards to the NRA thing if they can't even report the $2512.85 accurately. I guess the assumption is that they're likely tracking other things very poorly.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 am

The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear............proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems...but they can ALL be solved!
oof

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:43 am

What are we mad about today?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 am

https://www.scribd.com/document/3842169 ... from_embed

Mueller's list of evidence for Manafort Trial
At least 50 e-mail chains from 2016 are in this evidence.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am

I’d guess the Manafort thing isn’t just about before the very short time he was the Trump campaign chairman.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:03 am

What are we mad about today?
Hillary's e-mails.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:36 am

Putin Touts Summit ‘Agreements,’ U.S. Can’t Say What They Are
On Tuesday, Russian military spokesperson Major General Igor Konashenkov said his country is ready “for practical implementation of the agreements … in the sphere of international security achieved at the Helsinki summit.” Then on Wednesday, Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Anatoly Antonov, spoke about “important verbal agreements” made at the summit concerning cooperation on Syria. And again on Thursday, Putin himself referenced the “useful agreements” that came from the meeting.
https://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2 ... y-are.html

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:39 am

Putin Touts Summit ‘Agreements,’ U.S. Can’t Say What They Are
On Tuesday, Russian military spokesperson Major General Igor Konashenkov said his country is ready “for practical implementation of the agreements … in the sphere of international security achieved at the Helsinki summit.” Then on Wednesday, Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Anatoly Antonov, spoke about “important verbal agreements” made at the summit concerning cooperation on Syria. And again on Thursday, Putin himself referenced the “useful agreements” that came from the meeting.
https://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2 ... y-are.html
Just so I have this right, Trump made some agreements with Putin in a closed door 1 on 1 meeting, According to Trumps twitter and Russia, they seem ready to meet again to start implementing these agreements, however nobody in the US knows about these except for Trump?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:41 am

Moderate.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:43 am

I applaud his forward thinking visions....but he seems like a total ******
Musk is a jerk. He threw a Twitter tantrum when told his mini sub wasn't practical for the Thai rescue operation.

I can't find the BBC article, but this article covers it: https://mashable.com/2018/07/10/elon-mu ... _ZPOh5rkqY
Just heard this:

Richard Dawkins, Elon Musk, and Jordan Peterson walk into a bar.

Everyone else leaves, goes to a different bar, and has a nice night.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:52 am

...however nobody in the US knows about these except for Trump?
And the interpreter.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

...however nobody in the US knows about these except for Trump?
And the interpreter.
They just tried to subpoena the interpreter and the Republicans shot it down for vote.