Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:42 am

Must have turned him russian during the gender swap.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:28 am

"Libertarians - We're cool with racism" is quite the slogan. :lol:
I mean, I get the nobility of trying to be the anti-thought police; but it's just another of trip through Libertarian fantasyland that doesn't seem connected to reality. It's more of a philosophy than a strategy for effective government.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:32 am

There's also claims being made by the losing side that the new leadership won't seek to field a candidate in some swing states so the libertarian candidate can't take votes from Trump.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 am

Ukraine to apply for NATO membership.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:39 am

Well, glad I won't have to worry about paying the loans back after all.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:07 am

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/30/politics ... index.html

Russia had signing ceremony to anex 4 regions of Ukraine.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:08 am

GOP probably love that move and I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull that **** here soon

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:28 am

I can say that the LPMC folks are definitely more hostile to "wokeness" and stuff like that, and one of their goals was to counter what they viewed as a trend of stuff like that slowly working its way into the LP platform, where it does not belong. The LP has no business telling people what they should think or believe. That's why the line about racism being repugnant was removed from the platform. It doesn't mean that the LPMC supports racism. It means that the party is disclaiming any right to tell its members what they should be thinking or believing. "But Shyster, that means that there might be racists in the LP." Yeah, it does. It's not the job of the LP to act as thought police, so long as people accept the NAP.

I closely followed the dispute between the LPMC and those folks opposing them, who had large coalesced under the banner "Libertarian Party Cathedral Caucus." I was originally neutral on the dispute. The LPCC's Facebook and Twitter feeds were full of insults and name-calling, with no substantive anything on how the LPCC would actually attract new voters or implement policy. In fact, I specifically reached out on Facebook and asked them to explain how exactly they would run the LP differently from the LPMC and what policies the LPCC would implement that the LPMC would not (or vice versa). I was told in response, basically, "We exist solely to oppose the LPMC, not explain ourselves or our policies," which I did not view as a sufficient reason to support them. Accordingly, I was not surprised in the slightest that the LPMC won literally every position at the national convention and consequently took over the LP.

In my view, and based on what I read from them, the LPCC was largely composed of left-libertarians who wanted to incorporate social-justice concepts into the LP.
I hope this new caucus successfully rids the libretarian party of all its wokeness. I admittedly know nothing about this beyond how this party takeover is being done to remove their candidates from the ballot so they don’t take votes from trump.

But yeah, it definitely makes sense that the upstart faction touting their anti-wokeness is needed to purge wokeness from the weird people party. But I hope I’m wrong and they have a candidate in 2024.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:35 am

It's more of a philosophy than a strategy for effective government.
It is definitely more of a philosophy, for sure...it masquerades as a political party because no one goes to the booth to pull a lever for philosophy. I mean, ****** clearly, right? haha

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:16 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:34 pm

It's more of a philosophy than a strategy for effective government.
It is definitely more of a philosophy, for sure...it masquerades as a political party because no one goes to the booth to pull a lever for philosophy. I mean, ****** clearly, right? haha
I’d argue it’s all more cultural identity than anything, and that goes for people that are “libretarian” as well.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:58 pm

“What does Trump have on Judge Cannon?”: Experts stunned after judge overrules own special master
Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday overruled the special master she appointed to review thousands of documents seized from Mar-a-Lago, shielding former President Donald Trump from addressing his claims that documents may have been "planted" or "declassified" in court.

Cannon, a Trump appointee in southern Florida, issued an order extending the timeline of the review after Trump's lawyers objected to the expedited schedule laid out by special master Raymond Dearie, who was chosen from a list proposed by Trump's lawyers. Under the new order, the review and any surrounding issues around Dearie's rulings "will almost certainly" stretch into next year, according to Politico.

Cannon, who has served on the bench for less than two years, also overruled Dearie, a Reagan appointee who has served for 36 years, on his requirement that Trump assert whether the FBI's inventory of seized items is accurate, effectively challenging his public claim that agents may have "planted" evidence.

"There shall be no separate requirement on Plaintiff at this stage, prior to the review of any of the Seized Materials, to lodge ex ante final objections to the accuracy of Defendant's Inventory, its descriptions, or its contents. The Court's Appointment Order did not contemplate that obligation," Cannon wrote.

She wrote that if any issues rise during the review "that require reconsideration of the Inventory or the need to object to its contents, the parties shall make those matters known to the Special Master for appropriate resolution and recommendation to this Court."

Cannon also rejected other parts of Dearie's plan for the review, giving Trump's lawyers additional weeks to assert whether they believe any documents are covered by attorney-client privilege or executive privilege.

"If Judge Cannon was going to continue calling every ball in Trump's favor, I'm not at all sure why she felt the need to appoint a special master to review the documents the government seized from Mar-a-Lago," tweeted Joyce Vance, a former U.S. attorney. "No real surprises here. The name of the game is delay. Judge Cannon countermanded Judge Dearie's streamlined schedule & helped Trump advance his usual delay game in litigation. That means it could be late December before DOJ can use documents it recovered from Mar-a-Lago."

Cannon previously came under criticism for repeatedly siding with Trump in the case. Cannon's initial order barred the Justice Department from continuing its criminal investigation into the documents and ordered documents marked classified to be included in the special master review and shared with Trump's lawyers. A federal appeals court overturned those rulings, arguing that she had abused her discretion and that Trump "not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents."
Just your average pissbaby apologist corruption.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:20 pm

It's less about having dirt, and it's probably more about this is a cancer, and you have members of his cult everywhere looking to kiss the ring at all costs.

It is what it is.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:53 pm

i used to walk away from the notion that trump is a figurehead for an international crime syndicate rather than merely an incredibly lucky sociopath

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:57 pm

I hope this new caucus successfully rids the libretarian party of all its wokeness. I admittedly know nothing about this beyond how this party takeover is being done to remove their candidates from the ballot so they don’t take votes from trump.

That's not what the LPMC is about, and not why they took over the LP. Since the only thing you know is false, you know nothing.

I am amused by everyone in here suddenly becoming an expert on LP insider issues and claiming to know more about said issues than someone who is actually in the LP and who actually followed all those events as they occurred. I'm also amused by all of the tut-tutting of the change in direction in LP leadership, since I doubt any of you (except maybe mikey) would even consider voting for a libertarian over a democrat to begin with.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:03 pm

I voted L in 2012 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:09 pm

This is literally the only place where I hear about libertarians.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:43 pm

This is literally the only place where I hear about libertarians.
They, like the greens, are only important in the sense of taking the vote away from D/R.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:07 pm

That's not what the LPMC is about, and not why they took over the LP. Since the only thing you know is false, you know nothing.

I am amused by everyone in here suddenly becoming an expert on LP insider issues and claiming to know more about said issues than someone who is actually in the LP and who actually followed all those events as they occurred. I'm also amused by all of the tut-tutting of the change in direction in LP leadership, since I doubt any of you (except maybe mikey) would even consider voting for a libertarian over a democrat to begin with.

You think you know pain? You know nothing.

--Glenn Danzig

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:20 pm

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:32 pm

Huh. After a trip to Wikipedia, TIL that the country with the most coups d'état and revolutions in its history is Bolivia, with over 190 total in its history and 23 attempted (11 successful) since 1950. Burkina Faso's 13 coups and attempted coups since independence in 1960 are rookie numbers by comparison.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:56 am

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:57 am

Huh. After a trip to Wikipedia, TIL that the country with the most coups d'état and revolutions in its history is Bolivia, with over 190 total in its history and 23 attempted (11 successful) since 1950. Burkina Faso's 13 coups and attempted coups since independence in 1960 are rookie numbers by comparison.
:thumb:

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:45 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:26 am

That's such a huge waste of cocaine...