Politics And Current Events

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:27 pm

I'm fine with masks now because we are in a pandemic but I certainly don't want to be wearing them forever when I go to stores and restaurants.
you have to consider the source. the epidemiologists are now convinced that other horrific viruses will now get out into the world. before COVID, most were contained. SARS turned out to be a minor annoyance for 99.9% of the Earth. quite frankly, if I was an enemy of the USA and wanted to destroy it I'd totally be working on some horrific airborne virus. America has shown the "I won't live in fear" stupidity that could kill us all in a good thriller movie.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:35 pm

I'm fine with masks now because we are in a pandemic but I certainly don't want to be wearing them forever when I go to stores and restaurants.
you have to consider the source. the epidemiologists are now convinced that other horrific viruses will now get out into the world. before COVID, most were contained. SARS turned out to be a minor annoyance for 99.9% of the Earth. quite frankly, if I was an enemy of the USA and wanted to destroy it I'd totally be working on some horrific airborne virus. America has shown the "I won't live in fear" stupidity that could kill us all in a good thriller movie.
Well said. Scary as ****.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:37 pm

This is Trump level paranoia.

The U.S. is middle of the road when it comes to per capital infections and deaths.

We are in no way unique in this.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Yeah, I know it is en vogue to talk about how stupid and selfish Americans are compared to the rest of the world, but we are not unique at all in our response to Covid.

Sweden is often held up as a model for us to aspire to, and their response/attitude to this pandemic has been much more nonchalant than ours.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Yeah I think acting like the USA is a major problem relative to others is way off. It looked that way at one point but its clear that pandemic response did little for anyone but to delay the inevitable. Its not like countries had the luxury to shut everything down until the vaccine that didn't exist. Anything anyone did was merely a delay tactic.

Outside of some Asian countries that appear to be exhibiting some sort of genetic protection.

Masks suck - nonverbal communication is majorly important.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:59 am

At this point, our general understanding is that the virus either spreads if you spend a 15 minutes or more very close to someone that has is OR you are in a crowded poorly ventilated space and someone sick is in that same space but not necessarily close to you. In non COVID times, going to giant eagle presents neither of those two problems, so I’m not really seeing the incremental benefit from wearing a mask in that case. Especially knowing that once this all goes away and we are back to normal, ill be resuming activities such as pounding beers in close quarters either at a bar or wherever and playing sports and whatnot.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 am

The **** does that have to do with wearing a mask on a regular basis, Freddy?
That just because another culture in the world "doesn't have a problem" with something, that doesn't mean it is a good idea. It was a weird argument for implementing something here at home.
All women should cover head to toe. Middle east don't mind.

@mikey would love this.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:33 am

vom

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:19 am

Yeah, I know it is en vogue to talk about how stupid and selfish Americans are compared to the rest of the world, but we are not unique at all in our response to Covid.

Sweden is often held up as a model for us to aspire to, and their response/attitude to this pandemic has been much more nonchalant than ours.
Our response was middle of the road? the richest, most technologically capable country was middle of the road. Yes, because the Morons that the rest of us morons put in charge squandered every advantage we had, the way morons would. You know who isn't held up as a model, the USA. Because a gigantic portion of the country still hasn't made it to square one, covering their stupid f***ing faces. Why? Because they'd rather protect the lies that prop up their cult of idiots than their own lives, or anyone elses.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:46 am

Our response was middle of the road? the richest, most technologically capable country was middle of the road. Yes, because the Morons that the rest of us morons put in charge squandered every advantage we had, the way morons would. You know who isn't held up as a model, the USA. Because a gigantic portion of the country still hasn't made it to square one, covering their stupid f***ing faces. Why? Because they'd rather protect the lies that prop up their cult of idiots than their own lives, or anyone elses.
My man

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Giuliani has covid according to trump, I assumed he had already had it.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:25 pm

So only people who support Trump have gotten the Rona?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:43 pm

What?

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Giuliani has covid according to trump, I assumed he had already had it.
:thumb:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:20 pm

So only people who support Trump have gotten the Rona?
I'll need to know where you found that question to answer whatever tf you're saying.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:30 pm

This anti-Trumper confronts a bunch of Trump supporters on the corner and gets a beat down:

What a dope to put himself in that situation.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:40 pm

That’s a no win situation. Also, if you don’t know how to fight, probably shouldn’t throw the first punch.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:37 pm

how low IQ do you have to be to get into a fight at one of those; on either side

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:03 am

I believe that tweet was from many many moons ago...

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:15 am

Probably. But still amusing.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:27 am

I caught some clips from that debate. I don't care about the senate control or R vs D... there's something evil and creepy about that woman. Like, if you could have negative charisma... that's how I'd describe her.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:29 am

even the local radio station that airs Rush and Hannity was making fun of Loeffler's "radical liberal" obsession this morning.