Politics And Current Events

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 pm

Ummm… GENDER IDENTITY didn’t help you connect the dots here?

I recall someone just mentioning that trans activists are intentionally conflating sex with gender. And look at that quote that intentionally conflates "sex designation" with "gender identity."
Intentionally deflecting the area you're wrong to make a different point. You argue like a woman.
Did this woman use to have a dick tho?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:03 pm

Intentionally deflecting the area you're wrong to make a different point. You argue like a woman.

The doctor explicitly says that "sex designation" is not permanent. That is an AMA Board member arguing that sex is changeable.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:07 pm

Not sure what any of this is supposed to mean to anyone.

I’m reminded of that clip where conceptual James Lindsay was on some talk show and did a verbal diarrhea that was basically just this post in real life to people in a conversational setting. It did not go well.

Let me dumb it down even more for you: Trans stuff come from same ideas and same people as race stuff. Trans stuff just focus on trans people while race stuff focus on race.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:14 pm

Not sure what any of this is supposed to mean to anyone.

I’m reminded of that clip where conceptual James Lindsay was on some talk show and did a verbal diarrhea that was basically just this post in real life to people in a conversational setting. It did not go well.

Let me dumb it down even more for you: Trans stuff come from same ideas and same people as race stuff. Trans stuff just focus on trans people while race stuff focus on race.
Sure thing man.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:16 pm

Yes… the sex designation that you have as a result of your chromosomal makeup will not always match with gender identity of an individual. I’m glad we’re all learning how sex and gender work together.
Ehh it does literally suggest "sex designation" should not be permanent

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:16 pm

I recall someone just mentioning that trans activists are intentionally conflating sex with gender. And look at that quote that intentionally conflates "sex designation" with "gender identity."
A what?

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:10 am

Shyster relying on decade/s old scientific knowledge while ignoring the changing world. It’s like when the church claimed science was the devil or someone says “we’ve always done it this way.”
Again, show me the new science that says that human sex doesn't exist or that humans can change biological sex as a matter of pure self-identification. For example, I have yet to see any peer-reviewed paper that reveals the shocking revelation that a man who puts on a dress and proclaims that he's a woman suddenly has all of the Y chromosomes in his body morph into X chromosomes, or that his penis and testicles transform into a vagina. And I can guarantee that you won't see any either because none of those things happen or are even biologically possible for human beings (and not frogs, ferchistsake).
Once again… not a real thing. NEXT!
https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/p ... al-meeting
“Designating sex on birth certificates as male or female, and making that information available on the public portion, perpetuates a view that sex designation is permanent and fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity. This type of categorization system also risks stifling an individual’s self-expression and self-identification and contributes to marginalization and minoritization,” said AMA Board Chair-Elect Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D.
So, wait, they’re saying that being identified (biologically correctly) with a sex means that a person is more likely to identify that way and possibly not feel their gender could be fluid. What’s the issue with this? I’m pretty sure everyone understands the point being made.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:34 am

Yes… the sex designation that you have as a result of your chromosomal makeup will not always match with gender identity of an individual. I’m glad we’re all learning how sex and gender work together.
Ehh it does literally suggest "sex designation" should not be permanent
This will be my last response regarding that link and this discussion until some actual proof shows up.

I asked for proof that trans people and trans allies are pushing a narrative that sex doesn’t exist and/or that XX and XY chromosomes either aren’t a thing or that they change after a person transitions. Those two paragraphs do neither.

Two paragraphs btw… not sure why lbl left the first one out of his post:
Aimed at protecting individual privacy and preventing discrimination, the AMA will advocate for the removal of sex as a legal designation on the public portion of the birth certificate. Under the policy, information on an individual’s sex designation at birth would still be collected and submitted through the U.S. Standard Certificate of Live Birth form for medical, public health, and statistical use only. The new policy aligns with existing AMA policy recognizing that every individual has the right to determine their gender identity and sex designation on government documents.
“And sex designation ON government documents”

Pull out your birth certificate or your drivers license, whatever. It says “sex” on there. It is not the fault of the trans community that these identifiers include something like that and in this day and age, gender identity as it relates to sex designation can be a cloudy subject. I, for one, have never had to use my ID to prove I’m a guy. My wife has never had to prove she’s a woman. But it’s on there, and you’ve got people that to all the world look like one gender, but have an ID that says they’re not that. So I’m sure there is even more psychological harm from having to show their ID to people and getting even more odd looks should someone’s eyes glance down and see that identifier.

I actually see no purpose for “sex” or “gender” to be on an ID, but whatever… glad trans people in some areas can change it on their ID.

What that link doesn’t say is that they don’t believe sex to exist. In fact, why would they keep that information for medical records if it didn’t? Why would they have any interest in keeping that data for public health reasons? If it doesn’t exist or is meaningless, toss that sh*t out the window.

So once again, this narrative that trans folk and trans allies do not believe in medical science, they don’t believe in chromosomes, or whatever other “they are anti science!!!” Bs is being tossed around us just that. Utter bullsh*t.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:40 am

Word.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:24 am

In struggle with two things in this debate.

1. What is the debate?
2. Why should we care?

It seems like folks are searching for some tangible reason to say that trans people identifying as a different gender causes harm to people. So I assume that’s why the argument usually revolves around women’s sports. There really isn’t any other salient issue here.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:29 am

Ouch!

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:40 am

My limit of care extends no further than: Biological men beating the brakes off of biological women in women's sports and the "are you sure?" aspect of non-fully-developed brain choices regarding significant physical modifications (and have posted a study, albeit older, to support that should be questioned). I can't think of any other points of interest for me really...everything else seems like gravy...

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:46 am

And those are really, by far, the things that impact people in general the least, because of their rarity. They’re just the things that opponents bring up the most because they resonant with the most people.
Last edited by MWB on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:50 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:57 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:58 am

And those are really, by far, the things that impact people in general the least, because of their rarity. They’re just the things that opponents bring up the most because they resonant with the most people.
I'm sure women athletes are considered a minority, but I didn't know we stopped supporting them for an even smaller minority...big, if true. I would also stand with you in abolishing women's sports, but I feel like that's unpopular to say out loud...if it's not, sign me up.

As for allowing kids to do that kind of stuff to themselves, all I'm asking is "are you sure?" that's what the science says...? If so, go nuts...

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:38 am

I honestly thought the reason they put male/female sex on documents like your driver's license was for first responders, because biological sex can dictate medical situations/conditions

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:46 am

That Ramaswamy clown running for president is proposing a constitutional amendment raising the voting age to 25. Good luck with that.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:49 am

I'm cool with that if they also cap it at 65.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:50 am

I'm cool with that if they also cap it at 65.
At least that would be consistent.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:57 am

I honestly thought the reason they put male/female sex on documents like your driver's license was for first responders, because biological sex can dictate medical situations/conditions
Seems hard to fathom that there are actual reasons we need this stuff.

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:57 am

I'm sure women athletes are considered a minority, but I didn't know we stopped supporting them for an even smaller minority...big, if true. I would also stand with you in abolishing women's sports, but I feel like that's unpopular to say out loud...if it's not, sign me up.

As for allowing kids to do that kind of stuff to themselves, all I'm asking is "are you sure?" that's what the science says...? If so, go nuts...
I don't really disagree with your concerns, but I'm talking in terms of numbers... statistically. Someone posted the numbers of trans women in sports yesterday. I'm not evaluating how much someone should or shouldn't care about them, just saying that those are being presented as issues on a very large scale, and they're not.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:57 am

Absolutely sick. And yet Russia thinks the Ukraine are the aggressors and terrorist.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:59 am

I don't really disagree with your concerns, but I'm talking in terms of numbers... statistically. Someone posted the numbers of trans women in sports yesterday. I'm not evaluating how much someone should or shouldn't care about them, just saying that those are being presented as issues on a very large scale, and they're not.
I agree it's not some massive, large scale issue, but even through the trans number is small, it still affects the other women competing in those sports, so, 100 =/= 100 people affected.

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:05 am

For sure, but it's being addressed at the appropriate levels. So when it's used as a siren against trans people, it's not that genuine. Society, in general, figures things out. It just doesn't happen as quickly as we'd like all the time.