Politics And Current Events

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 am

He's not wrong...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 am

Remy is not always my cup of tea but that is spot on.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:39 am

Michigan state representative's closing argument against her Asian-American primary opponent: "Don't vote for the ching-chong!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/lachlan/stat ... 3245796357
"As an African-American woman, I've been called the N-word before in my life and you never forget it," says Long. "Each time it's shocking and appalling and disgusting, so when you hear someone that's a minority and a woman using slurs against another minority that's a woman, it's just mind boggling and it just felt dirty."
Good for Long calling her out on it, but I'm sure she'll still win.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:43 am

Michigan state representative's closing argument against her Asian-American primary opponent: "Don't vote for the ching-chong!"
https://mobile.twitter.com/lachlan/stat ... 3245796357
“I want you out of my country.” Rep. Bettie Cook Scott (D-Detroit)
Trump's AmeriKKKa

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:14 am

The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 am

He’s talking about more jet fighters STEALTH! you Can’t see Them.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 am

:lol: Dude is a spin master that's for sure...

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:18 am

Dude just said: "I sacrificed national security so we could have a parade."

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:23 am

I hope it was the dod who leaked the $92 million dollar pricetag on Trump’s parade.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 am

The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!
Because that's what we need. How about using that money to take care of the soldiers that still suffer from injuries and PTSD.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 am

I've noticed the Mar a lago chatter is way down... did he finally stop going? Or is it just because it's summer and he'll pick back up come winter time?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am

I've noticed the Mar a lago chatter is way down... did he finally stop going? Or is it just because it's summer and he'll pick back up come winter time?
The latter

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am

https://www.orangering.com/articles/det ... rida/2.cfm
The navel orange is harvested from October through February,
I think this answers your question.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 am

I don't know how many paid attention to the CNN critical story on Mayo Clinic (basically, almost similarly to the cliche medical thriller movies, Mayo Clinic doctors kept an 18-year old rehab patient against her wishes to get a transfer to a different hospital, all while actively trying to get a legal guardianship of her - until her own family had to "abduct" her from the hospital).

I have no illusions about the mother of the your lady not being a crazy headcase, but I still see it as a shocking example of a total breakdown of Mayo safeguards (quite scary as I was a Mayo patient and my daughter was born there).

Still, it was very interesting that in this world of constant information overload, the story has spent exactly one day on CNN website (and nowhere else), and then seemed to be forgotten forever. And, the very next day US News announced their new annual world hospital ranking - where Mayo was No. 1, so everything seemed peachy.

Until Mayo decided to show how CNN "lied."

And now CNN went totally nuclear on Mayo, and the response is back on their front page! :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health/m ... index.html

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 am

The latter
He goes to Bedminister in the Summer.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 am

Yup, I’m Muriel Bowser, mayor of Washington DC, the local politician who finally got thru to the reality star in the White House with the realities ($21.6M) of parades/events/demonstrations in Trump America (sad). https://t.co/vqC3d8FLqx

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:39 am

"He happens to be a very good person," said Pres Trump of his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, now awaiting jury verdict on bank and tax fraud charges. "I think it's very sad what they've done to Paul Manafort," he told reporters. https://t.co/XXht0OeZLz

Poor Paul :(

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:41 am

I wonder when we hear from this guy again.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rt-mueller

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 am

"He happens to be a very good person," said Pres Trump of his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, now awaiting jury verdict on bank and tax fraud charges. "I think it's very sad what they've done to Paul Manafort," he told reporters. https://t.co/XXht0OeZLz

Poor Paul :(
"It's very sad he got caught being a criminal"

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 am

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:06 pm

I would not be surprised if there's a mistrial. Feels like Trump will pardon him anyway, and there's now talk of Trump outright rebuking clearance for Mueller.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm

I don't know how many paid attention to the CNN critical story on Mayo Clinic (basically, almost similarly to the cliche medical thriller movies, Mayo Clinic doctors kept an 18-year old rehab patient against her wishes to get a transfer to a different hospital, all while actively trying to get a legal guardianship of her - until her own family had to "abduct" her from the hospital).

I have no illusions about the mother of the your lady not being a crazy headcase, but I still see it as a shocking example of a total breakdown of Mayo safeguards (quite scary as I was a Mayo patient and my daughter was born there).

Still, it was very interesting that in this world of constant information overload, the story has spent exactly one day on CNN website (and nowhere else), and then seemed to be forgotten forever. And, the very next day US News announced their new annual world hospital ranking - where Mayo was No. 1, so everything seemed peachy.

Until Mayo decided to show how CNN "lied."

And now CNN went totally nuclear on Mayo, and the response is back on their front page! :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health/m ... index.html
My wife was really captivated by this for some reason.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:30 pm

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 pm

What exactly is the reason for this, and before a verdict to boot?
Shimon Prokupecz
‏@ShimonPro
The judge will hold a hearing on a motion by CNN and media organizations to unseal the names and addresses of jurors as well as other parts of the trial that are currently secret.

“A thirsty press is essential in a free country,” the Judge said in announcing the hearing.