Politics And Current Events

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Watch Mr. Roberts, everything will make sense.

tjand72

Postby tjand72 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm

(tiny)

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Wasn’t that piece of the wall built by his supporters?

Why would someone go thorough the effort to raise money, and build a wall to make him look bad, to protest the wall being built?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:02 pm

The White House response to the rona being bad is to... discredit the man trying to tell them it's bad?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:04 pm

Why would someone go thorough the effort to raise money, and build a wall to make him look bad, to protest the wall being built?
Yep. But as proven by this:

"The CEO of Fisher Industries, Tommy Fisher, dismissed such concerns, telling the AP he believed Mr Trump “just got some misinformation on this stuff” while reaffirming his "complete respect" for the president."

Trump can directly insult his supporters and they'll still line up to kiss his ass. Teflon Don indeed.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:24 pm

They wouldn't.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:47 pm

The White House response to the rona being bad is to... discredit the man trying to tell them it's bad?
Come on MR this is ridiculous. The White House would never do this. We argued it for like an entire day.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:31 pm

The "I aint wearin no mask" population is extraordinarily small yet we act like it's an enormous group and the reason for the spread.

I legitimately don't know a single person thats anti mask and I'm mostly surrounded by conservatives.
Come to NC. Numbers have increased since governor mandated masks, but still see a good 25% not wearing in public places. In sc, much higher.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Maybe around here. But it’s 100 percent not the case in states like Florida. Just spoke to my friend with lives in Lauderdale yesterday and he said it’s a free for all.

I was just there all week and every single business had multiple signs at the door that noone would be allowed in without a mask. Some weren't even nice about. "Dont even bother because you will not be served." Full open air restaurants required masks until you were seated. Lifeguards put on masks the second they came off the stand. Ect, ect. Yes I dont live there and didnt see the entire area but I find it hard to believe it's a free for all either
My parents live south of Tampa and visited there a couple weeks ago. I found it to be hit or miss. One restaurant we went to had no one, including workers wearing masks. Others had workers in masks, but no requirement of patrons.

I’m in key west now. Completely different. It’s the same as you said. Why? Because they live off tourists and have to stay open, so they don’t **** around. And the county where key west is has had 6 total deaths.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 am

A Scott Dworkin tweet might actually as bad as quoting BreitBart.

Look, I loathe the parents around here that are screaming about their children's rights and how they refuse to let them wear a mask. I get it. One factor for us in sending our daughter back this fall is that, quite frankly, we don't trust other parents to do the right thing.

That said, there is going to be a sense of "danger" whenever we reopen. The long term impact of keeping children out of schools for up to a school year or more (which remains to be seen) cannot be good. But I would venture to guess it is going to have a significant mental impact on a lot of children. Not to mention the children who are caught in horrible home lives.

I'm not saying her motives are honorable, but cherry picking this quote is dumb and about what I would expect from someone like Dworkin.
This is a no one situation. And we simply are not equipped to deal with it. That’s why it was so important to get it contained before the fall, among other reasons. We don’t have enough teachers to teach split sections adequately. We don’t have enough bus drivers to get kids to school safely. We don’t have enough space to distance properly. We don’t have enough buy-in to mask up properly. We don’t have enough resources to offer appropriate contingency plans. There is no right way to do this.

And a lot of districts seem to be giving parents the option to go to school (if offered) or virtual learn. Teachers won’t have that option, I assume. They’ll be expected to go in and also teach virtually in most cases.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:12 am

@MWB Agreed. The last couple of weeks have been alarming, no doubt. I don't think teachers should be sent in as sacrificial lambs either, I honestly just wonder where this all ends.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:22 am

Doing my weekly perusal of deaths on Wikipedia made me stumble on this guy. WTF.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/asia/ind ... index.html
On 3 July 2020, during an attempt to arrest Dubey and his men, eight policemen were killed, including a deputy superintendent of police (DSP), while seven police personnel were left injured. Two gunmen, identified as a maternal uncle and another close relative of Dubey, were also killed in the gunfight. The autopsy report revealed that DSP Devendra Mishra had been beheaded and brutalised with an axe, while other cops had multiple bullet wounds fired from different weapons, suggesting an ambush. The police later recovered weapons, including an Ak-47 rifle and an INSAS rifle, among others. The inspector-general of police of Kanpur said that at least 60 men had ambushed the police team, who were just 30 in number.Call records showed that Dubey was in contact with multiple cops, who leaked information to him. Following this, the Kanpur administration demolished his house with a bulldozer. 25 police teams were then formed to arrest Dubey and his associates.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:21 am

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:23 am

damn blue checkmarks

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:26 am

To that end:

The 66% belief of Trump but 75% belief of medical experts among Reps doesn't reconcile considering 95% of what Trump does and says flies in the face of the experts.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:31 am

I'd listen to those top 3 and some combination of it. I would not believe one word from the national media and Trump.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am

I didn't realize game show hosts had a union, and that they stuck together in the face of sense so fiercely.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:58 am

Fauci discredit tour continues. Navarro, Trump's trade advisor says "Fauci is wrong about everything."

This is unreal. Instead of facing the problem and trying to fix it, these people are just going out of their way to try and discredit everyone that is alternative to their "truth."

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:05 am

How many months has it been since Fauci said something factual or ruled as true or false anyway? It seems like for months he has been just like anyone else, making blanket statements like "if things go right, we can play football in the fall" and generalizations like that

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am

How many months has it been since Fauci said something factual or ruled as true or false anyway? It seems like for months he has been just like anyone else, making blanket statements like "if things go right, we can play football in the fall" and generalizations like that
He literally hasn't said anything statistical in ages, and he himself has said he hasn't spoken to Trump in months. They've effectively cut him out, Trump and team seem largely upset that people are having him on, and he's providing a more pessimistic POV rather than Trump's this is all fine rhetoric.

The WH stopped listening to one of the most important people on this, and that's a person that people trust, the WH is trying to figure out a way to break that. Seemingly because he was liked more and given more face time to speak on it, than Trump.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:20 am

Source of the post This is unreal. Instead of facing the problem and trying to fix it, these people are just going out of their way to try and discredit everyone that is alternative to their "truth."
Is this really surprising? This is their solution to every problem.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:32 am

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 am

Pigskins

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 am

I heard the frontrunner name is "Redwolves" which is...meh

I was hoping they would keep the American Indian iconography and theme but make it more respectful or something; like talk to local tribes and see if there's a way they could keep the motif but get actual American Indian input. I don't think that's gonna happen though