Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

My oldest brother was really pumped earlier this week, because Chuck Yeager liked one of his tweets.
Dave 'Bio' Barenek was an F-14 RIO, and was involved in the production of Top Gun. We have a mutual friend in common, and when he wrote a book a couple years ago she offered to get me a signed copy. After a couple days, he actually sent me a friend request on Facebook, and I took a picture of it before I accepted it.

I do not know why I am the way that I am, but I have accepted it.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 pm

:thumb:

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Source of the post "breaking down in tears"
I'd like to clarify this statement. This was a talk with my daughter about all of the nasty things out there. She heard the Trump stuff at school from other kids which led to a bigger talk from me. That was part of it, an example. The toughest thing I've had to go through with my kids growing up is watching their innocence evaporate in front of my face as they find out that it can be a intensely cruel place out there. Me tearing up is the realization of uncertainty about so much out there that my kid has been introduced to and may or may not have to directly face in the future. It's a tough moment as a parent and especially with a daughter. My intention was never to make this a black and white issue with Trump. He is part of the problem. This transcends political lines, so please don't say I wouldn't call a sleazebag a sleazebag based on how they vote.
Pretty sure you don't need to justify your actions. Most people are able to understand.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm

in case it got buried.
Source of the post "breaking down in tears"
I'd like to clarify this statement. This was a talk with my daughter about all of the nasty things out there. She heard the Trump stuff at school from other kids which led to a bigger talk from me. That was part of it, an example. The toughest thing I've had to go through with my kids growing up is watching their innocence evaporate in front of my face as they find out that it can be a intensely cruel place out there. Me tearing up is the realization of uncertainty about so much out there that my kid has been introduced to and may or may not have to directly face in the future. It's a tough moment as a parent and especially with a daughter. My intention was never to make this a black and white issue with Trump. He is part of the problem. This transcends political lines, so please don't say I wouldn't call a sleazebag a sleazebag based on how they vote.

Enjoy light up night and

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Source of the post Pretty sure you don't need to justify your actions. Most people are able to understand.
my biggest flaw is wanting everyone to understand.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Source of the post Pretty sure you don't need to justify your actions. Most people are able to understand.
I dont' get it...

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 pm

I dont' get it...
:fist:

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:17 pm

.@PressSec to @CeciliaVega on difference in response to allegations of sexual misconduct against Al Franken and Pres. Trump: "Senator Franken has admitted wrongdoing and the president hasn't."
https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/ ... 0786676737

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:22 pm

meowshrug

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm

but i'm very comfortable in saying that the nonsense that you're bringing to the table today is stupid as sh*t. you may not be stupid. but you are saying stupid things. i know that shyster isn't stupid, but (if he was serious), his anatomy conflation was one of the stupidest takes i've ever read on this board. shades of grey, nobody...smart people can do dumb things. it may seem complicated, i know.
I'm not bothered by the fact that you think that comparison was stupid. I'm more irritated that you seem (I think) to be calling me part of "team conservative" when I'm a registered libertarian who voted for Gary Johnson.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 pm

The last 8 pages or so: "I can't believe you voted for that turd sandwich when the giant ****** was clearly the superior candidate!"

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 pm

CNN reporting that McConnell is putting together a pitch to deliver to the White House that includes options (including potential legal remedies) to prevent Moore from remaining in the race.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:47 pm

The last 8 pages or so: "I can't believe you voted for that turd sandwich when the giant ****** was clearly the superior candidate!"

Do we really need to hash out the differences again?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Do we really need to hash out the differences again?
*shrug* The fact that you perceive any differences does not mean that anyone else perceives differences, or that they share your opinion (or anyone else's opinion) as to whether the giant ****** was in fact any better than the turd sandwich.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 pm

but i'm very comfortable in saying that the nonsense that you're bringing to the table today is stupid as sh*t. you may not be stupid. but you are saying stupid things. i know that shyster isn't stupid, but (if he was serious), his anatomy conflation was one of the stupidest takes i've ever read on this board. shades of grey, nobody...smart people can do dumb things. it may seem complicated, i know.
I'm not bothered by the fact that you think that comparison was stupid. I'm more irritated that you seem (I think) to be calling me part of "team conservative" when I'm a registered libertarian who voted for Gary Johnson.
noted :lol:

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Clinton was not objectively a better candidate, and i dont blame anyone for voting against her. However, there were at least 10 better choices than Trump before the general, and despite him doing everything he could to make those choices painfully obvious, R voters chose to promote the embodiment of their worst attributes. Thats why they get a solid F*** you.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:32 pm

I've been in meetings all morning...I'm honored that I was the topic du jour for a good portion of the AM :lol:

CBear...I would never recommend sifting through my old posts...I'm sorry you had to do that.

For the rest of you, I love all of you even if I don't disagree with you.

I voted for Trump because I hate Clinton. And to watch the Left collectively lose their minds. In other words, for entertainment value. Any action he took on immigration or anything else would be a bonus (of course, not in the hamfisted way he did the week he took office). I acknowledge this makes me a hateworthy person.

Finally, it's high time that marijuana is fully legalized. Stop sending parents to prison over a plant.
I am a conservative. I find this ideology appealing because I've made a lettered study of American conservatism though my starting point happened to be an enlightened Irishman named Edmund Burke. From there I moved onto Alexander Hamilton. My expertise affords me a deep understanding of the opposition to FDR. As an example, not only am I able to quote Arthur Vandenberg but I can debate his point of view from both sides if necessary. I'm also well versed in adjunct (at times, ancillary) versions of conservatism: fiscal - social - etc. If asked, I'm able to quote and elaborate (in depth) American conservative icons such as Buckley, Goldwater, Nixon, Reagan, et al. Concurrently I'm able to discuss at length American liberalism; its strengths and weaknesses, its successes and failures.

I do not cull my expertise from doctors of nutritional ethnomedicine, nor from individuals who failed to graduate from SE Missouri U. I'm impervious even to someone with a degree from the estimable Saint Pius X Preparatory Seminary. Rather, my epistemological background has always been informed by professional historians, economists and political scientists.

I cite my vast experience to justify why I voted for Donald Trump. For reasons I've been unable to fathom there exists a goodly number of people in my cohort who find that repulsive. I'm told the man has long manifested a personality disorder, is a serial liar, a huckster, an abuser of women, a narcissist, a sociopath, and, because he's who he is, possibly a pedophile. To them I say simply, Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton, the most vile and disgusting human being to ever achieve consciousness. Next to Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump is Albert Schweitzer. I have no doubt, were there a ninth Benghazi investigation, she'd be rotting in Leavenworth.

Does Donald Trump's presidency increase the likelihood of nuclear war with North Korea? The answer from experts would appear to be a near unanimous yes. Am I worried that my children and grandchildren could very well perish in such a conflagration? Yes. But what a small price to pay for pissing off liberals. Besides, the economy is great right now. Carpe diem. I know this makes me a hateworthy person but nevertheless I love you all.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:37 pm

That's something else.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:41 pm

I believe th strongest argument for Clinton was to divide the branches of government. The hyper partisan state of politics has created a situation where the parties are willing to reshape the entire economy on party line votes. The gop is going to pass a tax plan that is polling less than 30%. Congress gives no **** and is willing to do tax bill then say peace out. We are already dealing with massive inequality and all this bill does is take from the affluent professional class and give to the capital owners. This is appalling and we knew it would happen if the republicans took the executive.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Huh. For the first time since the move to 5AF, I discovered a use for the Foe function.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Huh. For the first time since the move to 5AF, I discovered a use for the Foe function.
It's called parody...I think.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:58 pm

The best satire is indistinguishable from reality

Top work crusher

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Is it? It is? Well, then.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:00 pm

:lol:

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Saving the hammer for the very end lol

"Am I worried that my children and grandchildren could very well perish in such a conflagration? Yes. But what a small price to pay for pissing off liberals."