Politics And Current Events

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:48 am

I'd run and straight up say at the first debate that if Trump is the nominee, I'm running independent to siphon off republican votes.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am

She never would. The first time Republicans split and run like that ensures the Dems win.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:49 am

I doubt they'll even have primary debates if Trump runs.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:51 am

She never would. The first time Republicans split and run like that ensures the Dems win.
That's my point. I would make it known that I'm taking down the ship if you're hitching up to Trump.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:53 am

You're probably right about that. They wouldn't hold primaries in 2019 because the party gave him the nod upfront.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 am

You're probably right about that. They wouldn't hold primaries in 2019 because the party gave him the nod upfront.
The incumbent party never primaries their candidate

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:59 am

1980 they did but Carter fought off Ted Kennedy.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 am

1980 they did but Carter fought off Ted Kennedy.
Anything pre-Newt Gingrich isn't representative of what's going on today in DC.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:21 am

I'd run and straight up say at the first debate that if Trump is the nominee, I'm running independent to siphon off republican votes.
Another problem with this strategy, a "center right" candidate would probably siphon off more votes from Biden than Trump.

The real interesting development to watch is what happens with the weirdo party (libertarians). Last I heard, a bunch of maga folks have taken over key party roles and are working to keep their candidate off the ballot.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 am

The Libertarians actually losing ground when the choice was Hillary or Trump is what had me leave the party. If you can't put forth an attractive candidate against those two there is no hope.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 am

:lol:

This is the mayor of that Canadian town where they tried to do that citizens arrest on the police department:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 am

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:38 am

The Libertarians actually losing ground when the choice was Hillary or Trump is what had me leave the party. If you can't put forth an attractive candidate against those two there is no hope.
Problem is I think, lots of people are drawn to that party because they are contrarian dimwits, trump is a great candidate for annoying people.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:43 am

I just can't believe how, no matter what any dem/lib/whatever says, a large number of that party will immediately call it fake news, lie, etc. You could point at the ocean and call it water and they'd tell you to your face that it's not.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:45 am

I just can't believe how, no matter what any dem/lib/whatever says, a large number of that party will immediately call it fake news, lie, etc. You could point at the ocean and call it water and they'd tell you to your face that it's not.
It's because they're morons. Once you realize that, their actions start to make a bit more sense.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:46 am

I'm glad for the work that she's doing on the 1/6 committee, but she should not be revered by Dems. She continually votes right alongside her scumbag party pals, and is still part of the problem.
She's proof that with Trump, the popularity was not with his policy it was his personality. I know a lot of people here commented how much they hated his tweeting and his brazen attitude, but they liked his policy and were able to ignore his personality to get that policy they liked. Well, you're in the minority with the GOP. The love that sh*t. Policy didn't matter when it came to Liz Cheney.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 am

This is the mayor of that Canadian town where they tried to do that citizens arrest on the police department:

Disappointing she didn't drop a "titf**kers" in there.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:58 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-que ... n-subjects

Here’s some good details on the whole queen Romano thing and why Canadian people are trying to arrest police officers

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:04 am

While Didulo’s ideas are ridiculous, they’ve already had a real-world effect on Canada. When Didulo told her fans that she had abolished Canada’s income tax, some stopped paying taxes to the Canadian government. Because Didulo issued a “decree” announcing that her supporters could now pay their utility bills with “IOUs” backed by her bogus government, her supporters have started losing electricity and water in their homes.

“They’re literally in the dark,” said Christine Sarteschi, a Chatham University associate professor of social work and criminology who has studied Didulo’s group.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:25 am

I'm glad for the work that she's doing on the 1/6 committee, but she should not be revered by Dems. She continually votes right alongside her scumbag party pals, and is still part of the problem.
She's proof that with Trump, the popularity was not with his policy it was his personality. I know a lot of people here commented how much they hated his tweeting and his brazen attitude, but they liked his policy and were able to ignore his personality to get that policy they liked. Well, you're in the minority with the GOP. The love that sh*t. Policy didn't matter when it came to Liz Cheney.
Hacks will play along, and deny reality.

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:02 am

Russia develops its first own notebook. With outdated technology, heavy, and more expensive...

https://www-idnes-cz.translate.goog/tec ... r_pto=wapp

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:43 pm

Kinzinger wasn't running for reelection
Yeah, some of them 'retired', but still.
Retired BECAUSE they would have lost in their primary.
I don't know about the others, but Kinzinger got redistricted by the Democratic controlled Illinois state legislature. They consolidated his district into another safe GOP district and set up a primary with a Trumpy incumbent.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:49 pm

I don't revere her but an enemy of an enemy is a friend.
Appreciating someone for not being insane isn't reverence. I know who she is and what her political beliefs are........ which is what makes her decisions and actions so important imo. It is literally costing her a job that would've safely been hers well into her goddamn postmortem years.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:57 pm

Sure they do. They've never defeated an incumbent in the primary, but every sitting POTUS who has faced a primary challenge went on to lose the general. Ford, Carter, Bush Major were all primaried.

Both parties revamped their processes in I think the early 70s, but before that the primary challenge from Gene McCarthy prompted LBJ's decision to not seek reelection at all.