Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Again, not a trump supporter guys. Just here to keep us libtards straight.

People like you and others on this board are the reason this **** stain got elected in the first place. He will get elected again because dumbass people with zero message outside of “derrrrr.... trump evil, trump collude, trump obstruct, trump corrupt.... derrr.” Offer up actual policies or things that will help the country and you will defeat the orange pile of **** in a runaway. Keep up with all this **** and he will get elected again.

This has nothing to do with the russia investigation, that is a hundred percent real as I’ve said countless times. This has only to do with the message most liberals have when talking about trump.
Most people who post in this thread, regardless of leaning, post about substantive policy items. Some of the liberal posters also post about how trump is a tool. It is possible to do both. Your tunnel vision is truly astounding.

I’m talking in regards to defeating trump. Please show where people are talking about policies to keep trump from being elected again, outside of “derrr he’s corrupt and will be impeached.”
So if people talk about policies, how they think something should be changed, how they agree or disagree with certain politicians’ stances on policies, but don’t specifically call out Trump in the discussion, that’s not relevant? And it’s everyone else who is obsessed with Trump?

I’m not of the group that posts whether he took a dump today. You would think you have policies of substance of how to appeal to his voter block.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

What was the timeline of law enforcement being called on him and his gun purchase?

There is no “gun registry,” correct? If someone purchases a gun, then is repeatedly flagged in such manners as he was, no on would know he has a gun?

I’m wondering, and maybe this is the same thing tif is getting at, if there should be something in place regarding this.
All the times Nikolas Cruz was reported to authorities before the Florida shooting

He was expelled Feb 8, 2017 and purchased the AR-15 he used in the shooting three days later.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

People like you and others on this board are the reason this **** stain got elected in the first place. He will get elected again because dumbass people with zero message outside of “derrrrr.... trump evil, trump collude, trump obstruct, trump corrupt.... derrr.” Offer up actual policies or things that will help the country and you will defeat the orange pile of **** in a runaway. Keep up with all this **** and he will get elected again.

This has nothing to do with the russia investigation, that is a hundred percent real as I’ve said countless times. This has only to do with the message most liberals have when talking about trump.
Most people who post in this thread, regardless of leaning, post about substantive policy items. Some of the liberal posters also post about how trump is a tool. It is possible to do both. Your tunnel vision is truly astounding.

I’m talking in regards to defeating trump. Please show where people are talking about policies to keep trump from being elected again, outside of “derrr he’s corrupt and will be impeached.”
So if people talk about policies, how they think something should be changed, how they agree or disagree with certain politicians’ stances on policies, but don’t specifically call out Trump in the discussion, that’s not relevant? And it’s everyone else who is obsessed with Trump?

I’m not of the group that posts whether he took a dump today. You would think you have policies of substance of how to appeal to his voter block.
His voter bloc, including you, don’t believe in fact. So it’s sort of hard to appeal to them without blantely lying.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:18 pm

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 pm

His voter bloc, including you, don’t believe in fact. So it’s sort of hard to appeal to them without blantely lying.

Keep thinking I voted for him. You aren’t the smartest.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Keep thinking I voted for him. You aren’t he smartest.
You’ve got everyone figured out. You are very smart, I admit. Way smarter than anyone on the board

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Last I checked, trump lost the popular vote by a lot. Democrats don’t have to do anything, trump spends his time either alienating suburban republicans or enacting bland gop policies that will keep that rust belt blue obama trump voter from supporting him next election.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Democrats don’t have to do anything.
They'd better not heed that advice.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:42 pm

This has a different feel to it. Teenagers seem to have an opinion about this for the first time. Someone better go stop them.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Trump's margin of victory in the Rust Belt was like the population of Altoona and Johnstown, combined, across three or four states. Those were people who are traditional Democrat voters (at the POTUS level) who bought in to the 'what do have to lose' narrative. Now, the US Department of Justice is on record saying those folks got played by Russian trolls. I'm not sure the 2016 model is viable going forward.

All of that notwithstanding, the Democrats have absolutely zero policy proposals to offer up that can call the bluff of Trumpism. "He's awful" only goes so far; everybody in the world knew going in he was a giant turd muffin, and it was unpersuasive to that group of people last time out. As long as the Dems continue to hitch their wagon to elderly horses from New England and California, they aren't going very far.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

This has a different feel to it. Teenagers seem to have an opinion about this for the first time. Someone better go stop them.

Trying (and sometimes succeeding) to prevent voting by college students is already in the playbook. I expect to see more of that.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Last I checked, trump lost the popular vote by a lot. Democrats don’t have to do anything, trump spends his time either alienating suburban republicans or enacting bland gop policies that will keep that rust belt blue obama trump voter from supporting him next election.
Congrats you have the official party line of stupidity.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Trying (and sometimes succeeding) to prevent voting by college students is already in the playbook. I expect to see more of that.
If they can't buy a beer or a handgun, why should they be allowed to vote?

#21ToVote

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:53 pm

If they can't buy a beer or a handgun, why should they be allowed to vote?

#21ToVote
They can buy a handgun, just sayin

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Trump's margin of victory in the Rust Belt was like the population of Altoona and Johnstown, combined, across three or four states. Those were people who are traditional Democrat voters (at the POTUS level) who bought in to the 'what do have to lose' narrative. Now, the US Department of Justice is on record saying those folks got played by Russian trolls. I'm not sure the 2016 model is viable going forward.

All of that notwithstanding, the Democrats have absolutely zero policy proposals to offer up that can call the bluff of Trumpism. "He's awful" only goes so far; everybody in the world knew going in he was a giant turd muffin, and it was unpersuasive to that group of people last time out. As long as the Dems continue to hitch their wagon to elderly horses from New England and California, they aren't going very far.
Back to the well I go...

The Dems have drug policy reform. This covers not only weed arrests, but it’s intertwined with the opiate crisis. Trump’s committee has been outed as a joke. Jeff Session tried to double down on federal enforcement before getting a “k. Lol.” From state DA’s. This issue is in the zeitgeist and has more support and momentum than it has ever had. It needs to be at the forefront of their 2020 campaign.

...but of course instead they puke on themselves again and pick Joe Kennedy as their spokesman against Trump after the SOTU address. That’s what the future of the party wants. Legacy families who are active drug warriors.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:58 pm

I don’t expect them to be of much assistance until they’re in the real world. But they’re taking in some valuable lessons during their formative years. This thread is a good example of the power of youth indoctrination. The milquetoasts need to be aligned. And as team Shyster appears to be going off the god damn reservation, they’ll be the only ones left holding things back soon enough.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Seems unlikely that trump will get the same margins and turnout from this voter base. And to counteract that, he won’t have Clinton for the gop subarbanites to vote against. Can’t be overstated how much that group hates Hillary. All dems have to do is not **** on themselves and they should be ok.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Because of electoral college and choosing not to vote in several POTUS elections, I’ve still never contributed to a person going to the WH. I don’t see that changing in 2020.

:?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I think this shooting and the Las Vegas one are turning points in this public debate. Even if there are holes in the argument for increased gun regulations. This kid legally purchasing an ar 15 is nutso and there’s no logical argument for that being legal.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Heck, I've only voted for the winner once.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Back to the well I go...

The Dems have drug policy reform. This covers not only weed arrests, but it’s intertwined with the opiate crisis. Trump’s committee has been outed as a joke. Jeff Session tried to double down on federal enforcement before getting a “k. Lol.” From state DA’s. This issue is in the zeitgeist and has more support and momentum than it has ever had. It needs to be at the forefront of their 2020 campaign.

...but of course instead they puke on themselves again and pick Joe Kennedy as their spokesman against Trump after the SOTU address. That’s what the future of the party wants. Legacy families who are active drug warriors.

People care more about what affects them like economy, jobs and pay more than this. Yes they care but will vote for those issues that hep financially more.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

I think this shooting and the Las Vegas one are turning points in this public debate. Even if there are holes in the argument for increased gun regulations. This kid legally purchasing an ar 15 is nutso and there’s no logical argument for that being legal.
Argument 1: he’s an American
Argument 2: the constitution

These are man-made, but more fundamental than a right to safety or a right to not have to send your kid to school with the children of proud sociopaths.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:09 pm

As you earlier pointed out, there needs to be a serious assessment of why certain people are slipping past the appropriate barriers. I don’t have much confidence in that happening soon; that needs to be pushed from the very top.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:09 pm

It’s called law enforcement failure, not gun law failure. Fix the problem not he symptom. Most proposed laws do nothing to address the real issue.