Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:06 pm

Who would vote for him who would have voted for Biden?
Yeah, don’t think this hurts anyone, unless it happens to pull the black vote, which I guess is possible.
I would suspect this absolutely would diminish votes to Dems in some way. Middle votes, throw away votes. I just put nothing past them, but the original comment was made with pop symbol, implying sarcasm.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:07 pm

This girl is 16 and is already an avowed Communist, complete with hammer and sickle emoji. I'm so thankful social media wasn't around when I was in HS.
I was an avowed Communist at 16. My hammer and sickle were drawn on my notebook.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Yeah, don’t think this hurts anyone, unless it happens to pull the black vote, which I guess is possible.
Unless he filed months ago, he can’t I don’t believe.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 pm

I would suspect this absolutely would diminish votes to Dems in some way. Middle votes, throw away votes. I just put nothing past them, but the original comment was made with pop symbol, implying sarcasm.
I’ve had too much to drink to detect pop symbols.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Unless he filed months ago, he can’t I don’t believe.
Nvm. Doesn’t seem to be a deadline for the main election, as long as you can pull off everything.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Our country is ****. Absolutely ****

History books will say the official downfall of the USA started on July 4, 2020

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 pm

It started long before then.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Our country is ****. Absolutely ****

History books will say the official downfall of the USA started on July 4, 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your side has won every single cultural battle for 50 years and you're worried about the downfall of the USA?

The GOP can't do anything without stepping on its own crank. The party people think folks like capitalist cancer Mitt Romney are the answer and still haven't figured out why their base wanted Trump over Rubio.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:30 pm

the Kaepernick thing is pretty hilarious. A man who’s made millions playing football and then millions more through sponsorships is complaining about being oppressed despite the fact that his life is orders of magnitude easier than us

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:31 pm

More stuff happening on Twitter, not real life.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:37 pm

the Kaepernick thing is pretty hilarious. A man who’s made millions playing football and then millions more through sponsorships is complaining about being oppressed despite the fact that his life is orders of magnitude easier than us
I don’t think he’s complaining about his personal situation.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:42 pm

Yeah. He makes a lot of money off those Uighur slaves.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:49 pm

He also gives quite a bit of money back. Everyone likes to judge other people. Too bad there’s not money in that.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:53 pm

He also gives quite a bit of money back. Everyone likes to judge other people. Too bad there’s not money in that.
So giving money back makes profiting off of slave labor ok?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:54 pm

The way he uses “we” makes me think that he’s lumping himself in the oppressed group

That isn’t to say he hasn’t experienced racism in his life but it’s a bit silly that he’s championing this cause when he’s rich and famous before doing any protesting

Also, the “war on Independence day” is a bold stance that will win him and his cause 0 favors.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 am

The way he uses “we” makes me think that he’s lumping himself in the oppressed group

That isn’t to say he hasn’t experienced racism in his life but it’s a bit silly that he’s championing this cause when he’s rich and famous before doing any protesting

Also, the “war on Independence day” is a bold stance that will win him and his cause 0 favors.
So... he should do nothing? If you’re rich and famous just be happy with it and say, “I got mine.”

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 am

So giving money back makes profiting off of slave labor ok?
Sure.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:06 am

I mean I’m sympathetic to a lot of the BLM stuff but the war on Independence Day is gonna be a big non starter for me.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:10 am

I mean I’m sympathetic to a lot of the BLM stuff but the war on Independence Day is gonna be a big non starter for me.
Good way to get Trump re-elected

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 am

So... he should do nothing? If you’re rich and famous just be happy with it and say, “I got mine.”
Part of the issue is this is so blatantly a con.

He expressed zero issues until he started getting benched in favor of Blaine Gabbart.

He found a lucrative business in this and good for him.

America, what a country.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:16 am

Your pessimism is a wonderful thing.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:16 am

No but your message needs to be a little smarter if you’re coming from that angle

That’d be like if Karl Marx was a wealthy nobleman; “proletariat my ass”

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:19 am

Idk, I’m drunk and I’m irascible and I know a lot of what I post on here is just a result of my own personal mental health issues that manifest in random frustrations. I don’t mean to be argumentative

Hope y’all had a good fourth of July

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 am

I’m drunk as well, so we’ve got that going for us. I don’t get the down with Independence Day thing either... but don’t really fault his overall message. I think he’s trying to do good in the world.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 am

Good way to get Trump re-elected
Possibly done more to get him re elected in one tweet than Trump has in 3-1/2 years.

Still not a prayer in hell I’d vote for him personally but a definite wait wtf moment.