Politics And Current Events

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:58 am

It was a slick rollout if you watched it so I get her comment. My guess is Shaf didn't see any of it.
I can't stand yamiche but this isn't the one to get worked up over. Barely even rolled my eyes, definitely would consider it more excitement than fawning.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am

1) They are Roman Catholic, not evangelicals.

2) No one talks better than Obama as if he wasn't President for eight years. He is so good (this is a compliment) at talking with a dissociative passivity.

Good old Obama bringing the country together. Im told thats the most important thing.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am

NEWSMAX!

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy has admitted that some of the channel's post-election news coverage has not been accurate, but defended the output as merely providing people's opinions.

Ruddy was being interviewed on Peacock's The Mehdi Hasan Show about how he can justify the misinformation and conspiracy theories that have been aired on the network, which has seen a surge of viewership and praise from Donald Trump.

Hasan accused Newsmax's post-election coverage as like "watching a parallel universe" as it continues to push disputed claims of widespread voter fraud, the debunked theory that Dominion Voting Systems glitch massively favored Joe Biden and the suggestion that Trump could still be president in January.
https://www.newsweek.com/newsmax-chris- ... ew-1550105

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 am

NEWSMAX!

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy has admitted that some of the channel's post-election news coverage has not been accurate, but defended the output as merely providing people's opinions.

Ruddy was being interviewed on Peacock's The Mehdi Hasan Show about how he can justify the misinformation and conspiracy theories that have been aired on the network, which has seen a surge of viewership and praise from Donald Trump.

Hasan accused Newsmax's post-election coverage as like "watching a parallel universe" as it continues to push disputed claims of widespread voter fraud, the debunked theory that Dominion Voting Systems glitch massively favored Joe Biden and the suggestion that Trump could still be president in January.
https://www.newsweek.com/newsmax-chris- ... ew-1550105
:lol:

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:17 am

Good old Obama bringing the country together. Im told thats the most important thing.
Circling back to the other night, and apart from this Obama clip: do you think there is any value in a politician being more inclusive in rhetoric and less us versus them?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:21 am

“President Trump should pardon Michael Flynn. He should pardon the Thanksgiving turkey. He should pardon everyone, from himself to his administration officials to Joe Exotic if he has to,” the GOP congressman said, referring to the star of the Netflix series “Tiger King,” who was convicted for animal abuse and a murder-for-hire plot.

“Because you see from the radical left a bloodlust that will only be quenched if they come after the people who’ve worked so hard to animate the Trump administration with the policies and the vigor and the effectiveness that delivered for the American people,” he continued. “So I think that the President ought to wield that pardon power effectively and robustly.”
I dislike this kind of rhetoric from an elected official.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:23 am

Circling back to the other night, and apart from this Obama clip: do you think there is any value in a politician being more inclusive in rhetoric and less us versus them?
I think there is value in in being less us versus them. Biden won, but I think there is a disconnect between why they *think* they won and why Biden actually won. I know there is a lot of eye rolling in this thread when people criticize democrats for spending too much time patting themselves on the back while simultaneously dismissing conservatives, but its a valid point. Obama really is great at this.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:24 am

"Bloodlust"... you mean like chanting "Lock her/him up!" at rallies? :lol:

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 am

I think there is value in in being less us versus them. Biden won, but I think there is a disconnect between why they *think* they won and why Biden actually won. I know there is a lot of eye rolling in this thread when people criticize democrats for spending too much time patting themselves on the back while simultaneously dismissing conservatives, but its a valid point. Obama really is great at this.
Of course there's value in that. The us versus them crap works on the outermost quartiles but someone needs to get the balls to focus on the meat of the bell curve.

Dems (rightfully) hammered home the point of Trumps divisiveness and pretended to be on the high road. Turns out they really just didn't like where he drew the lines of division.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:57 am

We’re in HHI for the remainder of the week (and it is lovely, friends), but I forgot that it’s in the Savannah TV region. Endless, nasty attack ads on Ossoff and Warnock. Really pretty heavy stuff, and it’s on every channel.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:02 am

Lelldorin

Postby Lelldorin » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 am

Amen

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:09 am

What are the odds she knows that isn’t a real quote?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

Amen
Unless it’s about stealing an election. Then conservatives really like when they are lied to

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes"

- Abraham Lincoln

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

Is that the guy from Night at the Museum, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, and Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:11 am

'I really didn't say everything I said'
-Yogi Berra
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Michael Scott

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 am

"Not fact checking things on the internet is what lead us into world war 1"
-William Howard Taft

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am

We’re in HHI for the remainder of the week (and it is lovely, friends), but I forgot that it’s in the Savannah TV region. Endless, nasty attack ads on Ossoff and Warnock. Really pretty heavy stuff, and it’s on every channel.
hey hey! welcome to my life! :scared:

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:21 am

Now I get why NP was so mad all the time.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:26 am

@King Colby
What in the two Obama quotes is incorrect or divisive?
Tweet 1)
Race issues politically can be summed up right now by the answer to the following:
Are non-whites at a disadvantage in society because of their race?
If the answer is yes, you're trying to find ways to remove that disadvantage.
If the answer is no, any change made will put white people at a disadvantage. You can't take more of my tax money to help those other people because I don't have an advantage.

Tweet 2)
Other than incorrectly attributing them as Evangelicals, I don't see anything wrong in the comment.
Despite comments about Mexican immigrants, legal and illegal, and his administration's policies at the border, Trump saw increased support with border Hispanics voters. One rationalization is that their devoutness led them to the candidate that opposes abortion and supports their definition of marriage. That their Faith guided their vote. This is no different than Shyster being guided by his 2A principles, nor shaf and his judiciary four years ago.
Last edited by CBear3 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:28 am

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 am

Ohhhh.... I like that ifea. Doesn't matter if they said it or not, it's true!

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:34 am

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:34 am

I wonder if she cries about mainstream media and fake news?