Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:10 pm

The fancy pens that Senators used to sign their impartiality pledge in the Clinton impeachment had to be reprinted because they were identified as "Untied States Senators".

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:28 pm

Parnas stuff is pretty damning.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:35 pm

He’s going to have to back some of that stuff up with receipts. He knows he’s in deep **** and knows what that audience wants and is delivering it. While it’s plausible, there’s going to have to be some corroboration from somebody who isn’t under indictment.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:48 pm

The "Schiff Sham Show" is how Hannity is previewing the trial tonight.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:57 pm

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm

He’s going to have to back some of that stuff up with receipts. He knows he’s in deep **** and knows what that audience wants and is delivering it. While it’s plausible, there’s going to have to be some corroboration from somebody who isn’t under indictment.
Have to figure SDNY knows about most of this stuff. Apparently more is being released tomorrow.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:04 pm

He implicated like six people tonight. Trump, Pence, Guiliani, Nunes, Hyde, Barr

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 am

This is a good example of how little actual people know about these things

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:30 am

Christian school expels teen for rainbow sweater and birthday cake that violate "Christian values"
A teenager from Kentucky celebrated her 15th birthday last month by blowing out the candles on a rainbow cake while wearing a rainbow sweater. After her mother posted a photo from her birthday party on Facebook, the teen was expelled from her Christian high school.

Kayla Kenney was a freshman at Whitefield Academy, a private Christian school in Louisville, until she was expelled last week. Her mother said the school called her daughter's sweater and cake "lifestyle violations."

Kenney's mom, Kimberly Alford, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that she received an email from Whitefield Academy's head of school, Bruce Jacobson, expelling her daughter. He wrote that the picture she posted on Facebook "demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy's beliefs."

While the rainbow flag is a symbol of LGBTQ rights, Alford said when she ordered the cake, the design was described as having "assorted colors" and was not meant to have a deeper meaning.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/christian- ... an-values/

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:35 am

I have a friend who teaches at a Whitefield Academy in Georgia. Notice what pops up when you go to their website. :lol:

https://www.whitefieldacademy.com/

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:35 am

The lewd and lascivious photo

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 am

Yeah, but you don't see the back side of the cake that has "Scissor me timbers" written on it.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:03 am

Christian school expels teen for rainbow sweater and birthday cake that violate "Christian values"
A teenager from Kentucky celebrated her 15th birthday last month by blowing out the candles on a rainbow cake while wearing a rainbow sweater. After her mother posted a photo from her birthday party on Facebook, the teen was expelled from her Christian high school.

Kayla Kenney was a freshman at Whitefield Academy, a private Christian school in Louisville, until she was expelled last week. Her mother said the school called her daughter's sweater and cake "lifestyle violations."

Kenney's mom, Kimberly Alford, told the Louisville Courier-Journal that she received an email from Whitefield Academy's head of school, Bruce Jacobson, expelling her daughter. He wrote that the picture she posted on Facebook "demonstrates a posture of morality and cultural acceptance contrary to that of Whitefield Academy's beliefs."

While the rainbow flag is a symbol of LGBTQ rights, Alford said when she ordered the cake, the design was described as having "assorted colors" and was not meant to have a deeper meaning.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/christian- ... an-values/

Wonder if we can ship out the staff of Whitefield to Gitmo?

edit: actually the kids and their parents should go too (maybe not the rainbow kid, but I'm wondering about her parents...)

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:29 am

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 am

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 am

Trump: Get Ukraine to announce an investigation into the Biden family...
Team Trump: You got it, sir!

Ukraine Interior Minister: We're investigating Team Trump.

womp, womp, womp....

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 am

He implicated like six people tonight. Trump, Pence, Guiliani, Nunes, Hyde, Barr
It is really hard to line all this up into a coherent story.

I was under the impression that Lev and Igor were Firtash cronies going into this whole saga, and that their interests were tied to his, which was to both get the charges in the US against Firstash dropped, get the US ambassador out, and to get the folks removed from the board of the Ukraine gas company.

Lev's story seems to imply that this whole thing was actually orchestrated by Rudy, Solomon, and Digenova/Toensing (we'll call them the dream team).

I am having trouble squaring that with the initial campaign finance indictments, because if Lev and Igor are essentially just the Ukraine ground team for this operation (someone had to speak Ukrainian), why are they making those illegal campaign donations tied to the attacks on the ambassador (key point there is that whole Pete Sessions letter to state and huge donation to him from Lev/Igor).

In Lev's telling, the dream team reached out to Firtash to say, "hey, if you can provide some dirt on the Bidens, we'll get those charges dropped". This is that whole thing with Rudy on TV waiving that piece of paper saying he has "official" documents that the Bidens were bad. Which was just a deposition made either Lutsenko or Firtash, but it was essentially just one guy alleging something.

So essentially, I believe Parnas is either lying or deliberately withholding information that would truly explain how he became entangled in this scheme.

I think he's likely telling the truth about this guy Hyde, a basketcase that probably wanted more than anything to be part of the crew, I doubt he was ever in Ukraine, but probably hired some Ukrainian dudes that scammed him by pretending to be PI's or something.

The most damning thing that came from what he said yesterday was clearly regarding Pence. If Lev is being truthful that when Ukraine refused to announce the Biden investigation to Lev. Which he told Rudy, which was then relayed to the WH and then Pence cancelled his trip.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 am

You shouldn't need to label your comic to that extent.
The drawer should have committed and wrote Trump to identify him too.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:59 am

Unrelated. I just saw Lev Parnas is only 48 years old. Dude looks like he is in his late 60s.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:00 am

Also with regards to the Lev story. His allegations about Trump, Barr and Pence, I think he is telling people what they want to hear.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:11 am

Source of the post
I think he's likely telling the truth about this guy Hyde, a basketcase that probably wanted more than anything to be part of the crew, I doubt he was ever in Ukraine, but probably hired some Ukrainian dudes that scammed him by pretending to be PI's or something.
regardless if Hyde is a nutcase or not, he's still getting the info and details related to all of this so that's not an encouraging defense.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:13 am

Also with regards to the Lev story. His allegations about Trump, Barr and Pence, I think he is telling people what they want to hear.
I’m more interested in the texts, evidence behind it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:16 am

Trump hasn’t sent a tweet out about this yet either. He’s too busy pumping his tires on a phase 1 deal that still doesn’t get us to where the farmers were.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:27 am

I’m more interested in the texts, evidence behind it.
Based on how that interview went, to the extent that the text messages can provide some sort of evidence, any sort of direct contact would be limited, as it seems Rudy was the go-between. So then your in the same boat with the potential that Rudy is talking out his ass about all of this.

Essentially, what you have is Lev running around Ukraine ginning up fake stories that he was feeding to John Solomon, who was turning around and riling up Trump by having that Solomon on Fox news spewing the nonsense that Lev was making up/getting people to make up.