Politics And Current Events

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:49 pm

I'm still trying to understand why Conan going to countries which Trump put in the news means he has a broken brain. He visits a different country every episode. He can go to a country no one is talking about (which he does frequently) or he can go to a country which is in the news. Why is going to the country that is newsworthy (regardless of the reason) the stuff of broken brains?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm

y'all have NPDS

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:57 pm

I'm still trying to understand why Conan going to countries which Trump put in the news means he has a broken brain. He visits a different country every episode. He can go to a country no one is talking about (which he does frequently) or he can go to a country which is in the news. Why is going to the country that is newsworthy (regardless of the reason) the stuff of broken brains?

Oh for God's sakes I was just lumping it in with the rest of how Hollywood, the media, social media responds to every single move he makes. I know he's traveled to other countries. I just thought it was weird that he up and goes to Haiti just to dunk on Trump. Which the article I posted literally said was the intention.

I was right. I cited sources. I tried to squash the conversation twice.
Now the 4 jackwagons in here that for some reason fought me all day about this act like this is my fault for responding with things that happened.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Broken brain... :?:
Boring trolling is boring

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:01 pm

Tomas says he's happy Conan is going to Greenland - doesn't insult Trump at all.
NP shouts about broken brains, TDS, jackwagons, etc. and asserts that he is right.

This is all normal. :slug:

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Comedian uses something the most mocked president ever (because of stuff he does and says, not because of tds) says in a bit... there’s nothing more to this. Unless tds just means that a lot of people use trump in jokes.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Comedian uses something the most mocked president ever (because of stuff he does and says, not because of tds) says in a bit... there’s nothing more to this. Unless tds just means that a lot of people use trump in jokes.
if anyone is outraged over trump wanting to buy greenland, that's TDS.

if anyone thinks it's fodder for ridicule, and that trump as a whole is deserving of constant ridicule, that's not TDS. it's just using comedy to deal with a shitty situation.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm

So had I not used phrases like TSD and broken brains for you guys to nitpick this could have all been avoided?? I would have thought posting sources literally confirming everything you've been denying this whole time would have resolved it somewhat.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Again, Tomas said he was happy Conan was going to Greenland (and didn't say anything bad about Trump). You come back saying Conan has a broken brain for hopping on a plane to get one over on the Donald. Others (including me) pointed out that Conan goes to a different county for each episode and others (including me) said it makes sense to go to a country that is in the news because Trump put it there. You go all #HaitiShithole #TDS! and declare yourself the winner while still never explaining why it's a broken brain decision for a comedian to focus on a topical country for his comedy/travel show.

Let's say Rob White is making a new comedy special. He can do a bit on Bill Clinton and the Epstein ties and AE's murder/suicide or he can do a bit on FDR marrying his cousin who was also probably a lesbian. Which bit do you think will get more laughs?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm old enough to remember the George W Bush Administration and Comedy Central green lighting and running a complete cartoon series making fun of W and Dick Cheney.

They also sold books based on George W's inability to use the English language properly.

Of course somebody made a movie about W being assassinated as well.

So I'm not sure Trump is any more mocked then he was.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:56 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeffrey-ep ... ew-mexico/
Epstein didn't appear to have connections in New Mexico prior to purchasing Zorro Ranch. Asked what would draw him to the state, Garcia Richard said, "I think there's a perception that people won't ask questions … this case can really show the world that you can't get away with things in New Mexico."

Sources told CBS News that Epstein leaned on his political connections in New Mexico. Former Governor Bill Richardson visited the Zorro Ranch at least once. Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre alleged in a recently unsealed 2016 deposition that Epstein's friend Ghislaine Maxwell told her to have sex with Richardson.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:05 pm

I'm old enough to remember the George W Bush Administration and Comedy Central green lighting and running a complete cartoon series making fun of W and Dick Cheney.

They also sold books based on George W's inability to use the English language properly.

Of course somebody made a movie about W being assassinated as well.

So I'm not sure Trump is any more mocked then he was.
I’d say trump takes the cake, if for no other reason than the explosion of social media.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:21 pm

Holy **** you people are boring. Endlessly with the going in circles.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:25 pm

I see you're just as drunk as I am, my man.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm

It's slow day and no one comments on my non-political news items.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Again, Tomas said he was happy Conan was going to Greenland (and didn't say anything bad about Trump).

You keep saying this and it was never a point of discussion. Not once. Tomas said those trips were inspired by statements by Trump. Which they were. I said I thought it was dumb to go to these places just because Trump make a remark about them.

He went to a resort on the island that only he could afford. Posted that picture of him sipping a cocktail and tweeted how awesome and beautiful Haiti is. Those were his tweets.
Then I give you literal quotes where Conan O'Brien himself said he wanted those people to fire back at Trump. He made reference that the trip was directly because of the shhthole remark. I thought it all was dumb.

And you somehow keep insisting it had nothing to do with what Trump said and wasnt to fire back at Trump.

I mean is your issue out of all of that is because I said broken brain and TDS?? Because it seems like that's your big issue.

Weve established he has a travel show. Weve established he tries to make people laugh. I honestly dont see how that has any bearing on anything I've said.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Again, Tomas said he was happy Conan was going to Greenland (and didn't say anything bad about Trump).
You keep saying this and it was never a point of discussion. Not once.
No, the point was that Tomas posted something that was not anti-Trump and which simply said he was looking forward to an episode in Greenland and you fired back with an attack on Conan. I think it's absolutely batshit insane that seconds after someone makes a lighthearted post you immediately launch an the "OMG, Hollywood hates The Donald and has a broken brain" rant. That was my only point in this discussion.

Sorry, dodint, but I can't help myself.

And for both of your sakes, I'm out.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

It's slow day and no one comments on my non-political news items.
I was admiring your bananas from afar.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 pm

You keep saying this and it was never a point of discussion. Not once.
No, the point was that Tomas posted something that was not anti-Trump and which simply said he was looking forward to an episode in Greenland and you fired back with an attack on Conan. I think it's absolutely batshit insane that seconds after someone makes a lighthearted post you immediately launch an the "OMG, Hollywood hates The Donald and has a broken brain" rant. That was my only point in this discussion.

Sorry, dodint, but I can't help myself.

And for both of your sakes, I'm out.

My mistake for LAUNCHING into something as off topic as those other trips Conan took. I was just going by the guys own literal words why he went there and you're telling me I'm wrong because I used an exaggerated term. I mean when the guys on record basically saying "Im going there to show Trump." I dont know what other way I'm supposed to take that.

We saw the same exact thing a few weeks ago when he made a disparaging remark about Baltimore. All of the sudden people couldn't wait to rewrite reality and Baltimore was suddenly Laguna Beach of the east coast.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:15 pm

You know damn well people weren't mad about the Baltimore thing because they thought it was a nice city.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:27 pm

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 pm

You know damn well people weren't mad about the Baltimore thing because they thought it was a nice city.

Stop pretending otherwise.

Uh no gee please fill me in why you think it was. I'd never guess.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:49 pm

The extremely pedantic aviation nerd in me is compelling me to point out that Conan could not have "just landed in Greenland," because he is clearly at Nuuk Airport in the capital city of Nuuk, but Nuuk's airport does not have a big enough runway to handle international airliners, and the Air Greenland Dash 8-200 he's getting off of doesn't do international flights. To get to Nuuk, one first has to fly into Kangerlussuaq Airport in Kangerlussuaq and then switch planes to get to Nuuk. Or I suppose he could have flown a private jet into Nuuk and then used the Air Greenland aircraft as a prop.

Greenland looks fun, but it's kinda a PITA to get there.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 pm

The extremely pedantic aviation nerd in me is compelling me to point out that Conan could not have "just landed in Greenland," because he is clearly at Nuuk Airport in the capital city of Nuuk, but Nuuk's airport does not have a big enough runway to handle international airliners
Well I learned today you cant believe anything that Conan says :pop:

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:17 pm