Politics And Current Events

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:30 pm

I don't think there is any question that Trump has destabilized this country.
destabilise
verb

(tr) to undermine or subvert (a government, economy, etc) so as to cause unrest or collapse
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/destabilize

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 pm

And the defenders arrive!!!!
Still have that pee tape fetish?

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm

How is the U.S. currently destabilized?

Anyone?
I dont believe the country has ever been so divided. You have two sets of people who see the same exact thing in completely different ways. Has this always been the case? Maybe, to some extent. This current division is destabilizing. Probably not that detrimental, in the big picture, but who knows.

There is also a president who just lies all the time and has a core group of supporters who believe him and believe in him completely. And yes, every president has had this to some degree, but it’s a joke to consider that anyone has approached this level. Is that destabilizing? I’m not really sure right now, but it certainly could go in that direction.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Dude, everyone can see right through you. You’re a fraud

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:39 pm

So that is a yes...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 pm

So that is a yes...
Yes. I want trump to piss on me. Deep cut.

But at least I’m not the biggest joke on an **** message board

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 pm

So that is a yes...
Yes. I want trump to piss on me. Deep cut.

But at least I’m not the biggest joke on an **** message board
Cool. It’s good you admit that. Who is the biggest joke on the board? I mean I’m funny, but I don’t deserve the honor of the biggest joke on the board.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 pm

How is the U.S.A. currently destabilized?

Are normal means of communication bizarre?

Yes.

Is Trump an insane narcissist and incompetent?

Yes.

Is the U.S.A. in danger of becoming a failed state?

No.

Will Trump refuse to leave office?

No.

Will the United States go on as normal January 17, 2021 under a different President?

Yes.
Last edited by Freddy Rumsen on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:57 pm

yea, Ned has nobody beat

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm

So 'becoming a failed state' is the standard, is it?

That's insane.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Anyone?
I dont believe the country has ever been so divided. You have two sets of people who see the same exact thing in completely different ways. Has this always been the case? Maybe, to some extent. This current division is destabilizing. Probably not that detrimental, in the big picture, but who knows.

There is also a president who just lies all the time and has a core group of supporters who believe him and believe in him completely. And yes, every president has had this to some degree, but it’s a joke to consider that anyone has approached this level. Is that destabilizing? I’m not really sure right now, but it certainly could go in that direction.
There were car bombs going off nearly every day in the United States in the late 60's and early 70's. The murder rate was 75% higher than it is now. We were shipping body bags home from Vietnam by the dozens daily. Only on the made up world of the internet are we divided at this heightened level.

We are so arrogantly ignorant of real division and problems that we have to massively overblow the effect of a nincompoop to make ourselves feel important.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:01 pm

That's insane.
It’s completly insane

So the defense is “it’s ok that trump worked to destabilize the country as the president of the USA, he didn’t do it so it’s ok”

It’s like I tried to murder someone but I failed so I’m ok

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 pm

That's insane.
America is going to be no different in 2021 than it was in 2016.

I'm sorry that that's insane to think.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

That's insane.

That’s not what his entire message was and you know it.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Anyone?

There were car bombs going off nearly every day in the United States in the late 60's and early 70's. The murder rate was 75% higher than it is now. We were shipping body bags home from Vietnam by the dozens daily. Only on the made up world of the internet are we divided at this heightened level.

We are so arrogantly ignorant of real division and problems that we have to massively overblow the effect of a nincompoop to make ourselves feel important.
Freddy I don’t agree with you a lot, but in most cases you have a valid point and argument.

This argument just doesn’t make sense. If you don’t think trump and Russia has destabilized the us at all you’re just not watching. Jesus, there were BLM protests that Russian trolls organized!!!

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm

You guys are as bad as the FoxNews idiots who brought us Trump in the first place.

Take a deep breath and we can go back to Mitt Romney giving people cancer being our biggest worry in 2021.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Anyone?

Freddy I don’t agree with you a lot, but in most cases you have a valid point and argument.

This argument just doesn’t make sense. If you don’t think trump and Russia has destabilized the us at all you’re just not watching. Jesus, there were BLM protests that Russian trolls organized!!!
Oh no!!! That’s so much worse than the government killing students at Kent State or the civil rights movements!!!!

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:08 pm

You guys are as bad as the FoxNews idiots who brought us Trump in the first place.

Take a deep breath and we can go back to Mitt Romney giving people cancer being our biggest worry in 2021.
I’m not sure how it’s not a big deal if the POTUS has actively worked against US interests

In fact, I don’t there could be anything worse in regards to politics.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Anyone?

Oh no!!! That’s so much worse than the government killing students at Kent State or the civil rights movements!!!!
Great one. Completely relevant

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Anyone?

I hope you’re right, but I don’t think you’ve got a good read on the situation.

It is kind of funny how you seem to think that anyone who considers Trump “destabilizing” is just crazy and ignorant.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

BLM and the Proud Boys, etc... make up .000001% of the American population. There are no actual real life effects of that stuff in the real world. The internet so balloons this stuff out of reality that we can't process it.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

So those weren’t destabilizing times? Good to know.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Anyone?

I hope you’re right, but I don’t think you’ve got a good read on the situation.

It is kind of funny how you seem to think that anyone who considers Trump “destabilizing” is just crazy and ignorant.
When whatever Democrat wins in 2020 we'll come back here and note that these Red Panic stuff has not come to pass.

Maybe I'm just jaded from all the people who implored me to believe Bush would become a dictator or that Obama was secretly bringing in the Caliphate.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm

So those weren’t destabilizing times? Good to know.
Yup, there were destabilizing.

You won the argument.