Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:44 am

The drones had unquestionably their best performance of the conflict, but still only scored 16 points.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:26 am

More than likely 1 or 2 deaths here:

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:30 am

Great aim.

(Given one watch-thru I assume the fluorescent guy was the baddie but maybe not, I dunno. I'm certain someone FAFO'd though.)

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am

I’m trying to figure out wtf was going on… road rage? Accident turned violent? Yellow vest dude is so freaking casual with shooting and clearly not very good at it.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:35 am

Neat country we have here. How do so many people go to “I’m gonna shoot someone” so fast. Someone is stealing? Shoot’em. Someone is trying to punch someone? Shoot’em. Someone is the kidnapping victim. Shoot’em. The McDonalds didn’t have your nuggets. Shoot’em.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:35 am

Context: https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/ ... 998161007/
A man was arrested Thursday after a good Samaritan from Fayetteville was struck and killed attempting to stop a carjacking in Lumberton.

Ricky Alex Driggers, 28, is charged with first-degree murder, larceny of a motor vehicle, fleeing to elude arrest and two counts of attempted common law robbery in the incident that resulted in the death of Jonathan Adam Lecompte, 38, according to a news release from the Lumberton Police Department.

The release stated that at 10:29 a.m. Thursday law enforcement learned of an attempted carjacking in the 4100 block of West Fifth Street. Officers were responding to the call when they received information that the suspect struck a person in the parking lot of Go Gas in the 2600 block of West Fifth Street and was trying to carjack another vehicle at a nearby McDonald's, the release stated.

More:Minor allegedly came in contact with cocaine at caretakers workplace

Witnesses allegedly had jumped into action at the gas station and halted the carjacking momentarily before the suspect stole another vehicle and, "reportedly intentionally struck one of the good Samaritans," according to the release.

Lecompte, the man struck by the vehicle, was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Officers pursued the fleeing suspect until he wrecked the stolen vehicle on Selma Road near N.C. 41, according to police.

Driggers is being held in the Robeson County jail without bail, according to the release.

Last edited by dodint on Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am

So, yeah, FAFO. You wanted to be hero man so badly you escalated a conflict to save...a tow truck.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am

Context: https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/14/video-go ... -carolina/
A man in North Carolina paid the ultimate price after trying to stop a carjacking ... with the driver running him over and killing him in a now-viral video.

The video -- which hit social media just this weekend though the incident took place last month -- sees a Lumberton, NC man in a reflective construction vest come up to the side of a tow truck and point what looks to be a gun at another man.

Gunshots pop off ... and, though it's hard to tell, it seems the two men are exchanging gunfire because the man outside the truck doesn't stand still and fire.

The truck reverses quickly, speeding away from the man in the vest who is milling about in the street ... when the truck comes rushing back at him, hitting him.

The man goes flying in the air while the tow truck drives away from the scene of the crash. People scream and sirens can be heard before the video cuts out.

Like we said, the incident took place last month with suspect Ricky Alex Driggers reportedly charged with first-degree murder, two counts of attempted common law robbery among other charges.

Lumberton Police identified the victim as Jonathan Adam Lecompte ... one of several Good Samaritans they say tried to stop the carjacking. Authorities say Lecompte was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

He was 38.

RIP

Sucks all around. RIP.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 am

Merica

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:40 am

Trump needs to start calling his supporters “Proles.”

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 am

Like, yeah, he’s trying to steal a car. That’s terrible and no one wants that. However, if someone is at the point they’ll steal a car, I’d say going further is very much something they’re willing to do. Call the police, report it stolen, go through insurance, and keep your life.

This video IMO demonstrates the danger of the 2nd amendment crowd. You’ve never been in an active shooter situation nor have had the proper training to deal with one let alone made the decision to end someone’s life. Is it really worth it? Is it worth escalating a sucky situation to a deadly one?

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 am

In my home? Yeah. In the middle of a street defending a company truck? Nah.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:49 am

Like, yeah, he’s trying to steal a car. That’s terrible and no one wants that. However, if someone is at the point they’ll steal a car, I’d say going further is very much something they’re willing to do. Call the police, report it stolen, go through insurance, and keep your life.

This video IMO demonstrates the danger of the 2nd amendment crowd. You’ve never been in an active shooter situation nor have had the proper training to deal with one let alone made the decision to end someone’s life. Is it really worth it? Is it worth escalating a sucky situation to a deadly one?

Well said PB.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:50 am

Yeah, I get the Good Samaritan angle, but dude… it’s a car and you were shooting to kill (poorly). There’s nothing good about what he did.

Like dodint said, FAFO. Plant, grow.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:54 am

I've had two experiences in my life where a gun was pulled on me and I thought both times that this is dumbest thing in the world to die over and the gun in the situation just made things worse.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:06 am

I've had two experiences in my life where a gun was pulled on me and I thought both times that this is dumbest thing in the world to die over and the gun in the situation just made things worse.
I’ve never had one pulled on me, but I’ve been around them… grew up with them… have friends who are obsessed with them.

I can understand one in the home just in case, but these morons that need them everywhere they go. Jfc. It’s cheaper and safer to buy a pacifier, you f*cking child.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:08 am

Pretty sure this is just Darwinism

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:09 am

In my home? Yeah. In the middle of a street defending a company truck? Nah.
Yeah, pretty clear line between self-protection and “not your job to stop crime”.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:03 pm

Not for nothing but aside from filming in portrait that cameraperson was the best shooter involved there. Way to stick with it.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:24 pm

This is like a psa video for requiring responsible gun ownership classes.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:45 pm

Iran crosses old red lines and sets ‘new equation’ with attack on Israel
In the two weeks since the Damascus strike, Iran’s leaders publicly and repeatedly telegraphed that its forces would respond. The country’s supreme leader pledged that Israel would “regret” its actions.

U.S. and Israeli officials began to warn over the past several days that an attack was imminent. Iran announced on social media that the barrage had been unleashed while the drones and missiles were airborne.

Gen. Mohammad Bagheri, Iran’s joint chief of staff, said the operation was “completely successful” in an interview Sunday with state-run media. Bagheri said the strikes destroyed an “intelligence center and air base”; Israel said 99 percent of drones and missiles had been intercepted, many outside Israeli territory, and there had been only minor damage to a base in the south.

Analysts said the attack was probably designed to look spectacular — a viral video showed projectiles being intercepted by Israel’s air defense system over the al-Aqsa Mosque complex in Jerusalem — while keeping death and destruction to a minimum.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:45 pm

Fayettenam, NC edition.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm

it happened in Lumberton too which is where Michael Jordan's father was killed

truly a who's who of shitty NC towns

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:06 pm

Great aim.
I'm genuinely confused. Did he not hit any of those nearly point blank shots?

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:06 pm

I was referring to the truck.

But no, looks like they shoot as well as a police officer.