Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:47 am

Article in no fashion mentions the priest's national origin.

I can only speak for myself, but the takeaway I got from that article about the Portland people was about 100% diametrically opposite to what was implied by the post. In fact, the article seems to make the new priest seem like something of a tool.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:50 am

i think freddy was just killing time, waiting for all of us to call shaf racist for condemning the numbskulls from philly

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:14 am

https://nypost.com/2019/08/14/epstein-h ... townhouse/
Epstein had bizarre painting of Bill Clinton in dress, heels in townhouse
Nothing to see here...

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

Wait that was a real thing??

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 am

Upper class whites gonna upper class white

Catholics who proudly display an “immigrants and refugees welcome” banner refuse to welcome a priest from Nigeria.
https://t.co/c5BkenXguv
Not because the priest is from Nigeria, but because he is a conservative, and reversed all the changes the previous popular liberal priest instituted. Basically, the people believe the new priest was appointed to "put them back in line" (at least that's how I understand the article).
Does the article even say where the priest is from? I think it lays out in very plain English why the didn't want him as their priest anymore. Has zero to do with his nationality. That's one hell of a headline to pull from that article, Freddy.
He is from Nigeria, and he's not a "conservative priest", but a priest who was attempting to lay down the rules of the Roman See in a parish that was unaware they were Roman Catholics. Upper Middle Class White People think the rules don't apply to them, and that they can idolatorize the Mass (I can't believe I just typed those words @shafnutz05) and are shocked when someone says, "Hey, no you can't".

It is especially ironic when you consider that they are doing this performance act against the kind of gentleman they bannerize as wanting to invite. They are no different from the RWNJ people who lift up random black people to try and prove they aren't racist. It's different sides of the same coin. We want diversity as long as you agree with us politically.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 am

NEW: Police sources identified the gunman in a standoff at a Tioga apartment building that left six police officers injured as Maurice Hill, 36, a Philadelphia man with a lengthy history of gun convictions
https://t.co/P93zcJbwya via @phillyinquirer

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:43 am

...a priest who was attempting to lay down the rules of the Roman See in a parish that was unaware they were Roman Catholics.
"[T]he article seems to make the new priest seem like something of a tool."

So there we are

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:48 am

Also, I want to be sure I'm 100% up to speed.

Shyster posted a fake news article that asserted the Trump administration was saying bad things about the SCOTUS to the SCOTUS, and because not one single person responded to it that is therefore proof of wide-ranging TDS.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:54 am

Can I file a workman's comp claim because Freddy just made my eyes roll so hard I think one fell out?

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Upper Middle Class White People think the rules don't apply to them
Where in the world could they have got that idea?
and that they can idolatorize the Mass
I thought you considered the whole RC church to be idolaters...
It is especially ironic when you consider that they are doing this performance act against the kind of gentleman they bannerize as wanting to invite.

Really ironic. Especially because inviting people to join you is EXACTLY the same as having someone you don't agree with come in and run things completely differently from how it's been.
They are no different from the RWNJ people who lift up random black people to try and prove they aren't racist. It's different sides of the same coin.
A=B, good people on both sides, etc.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Shyster posted a fake news article that asserted the Trump administration was saying bad things about the SCOTUS to the SCOTUS, and because not one single person responded to it that is therefore proof of wide-ranging TDS.
you just mentioned trump again, tif. control yourself.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 pm

you just mentioned trump again, tif. control yourself.
I first thought it was crazy that Shyster was talking **** on Trump. Then I thought, “well a strongly worded letter is better than what he normally does.”

It’s pretty amazing because it essentially proved the board DOESNT have TDS

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:38 pm

lol, the last page has been something else. I certainly enjoyed the commentary on "Cafeteria Catholics" :wink:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Can I file a workman's comp claim because Freddy just made my eyes roll so hard I think one fell out?
POTY

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:34 pm

NEW POLL from @crookedmedia and @ChangePolls of general election voters in WISCONSIN:

Trump job approval: 48-51%

Democrat: 46%
Trump: 45%
3rd Party: 3%
Unsure: 6%

Full results here, and follow this thread for more highlights:

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1162 ... 99713?s=19

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Can't tell if Freddy is serious with his assessment of situation in Portland. But hey... you do you, boo.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:43 pm

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:53 pm

some brotherly love right there

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:55 pm

So basically, please continue with your regularly scheduled conspiracies.
@Breaking911
BREAKING: Autopsy finds Jeffrey Epstein had broken hyoid bone in his neck; A medical expert says a broken hyoid can happen in both strangulation and hanging cases, but occurs more often in strangulations - WNBC

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:00 pm

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1162043784659689473
CBS News
@CBSNews
WATCH: Truck tries to drive through group of people protesting ICE outside of a Rhode Island prison. The group of Jewish protesters says a guard was behind the wheel
Not sure why the hell they felt the need to mention they (some?) were Jewish? Funny video either way. Can't believe i don't align with these people politically.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Funny video either way.
Yes. Hilarious.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm

CBS News
@CBSNews
WATCH: Truck tries to drive through group of people protesting ICE outside of a Rhode Island prison. The group of Jewish protesters says a guard was behind the wheel
Not sure why the hell they felt the need to mention they (some?) were Jewish? Funny video either way. Can't believe i don't align with these people politically.
Never Again Action is the group that organized the protest and its a primarily Jewish group (the “Never Again” is a reference to the Holocaust).

Is your position the dude in the pickup was in the right here?

Extremely bizarre post my dude and I’m being charitable

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:10 pm

CBS News
@CBSNews
Never Again Action is the group that organized the protest and its a primarily Jewish group (the “Never Again” is a reference to the Holocaust).

Off the wall NP rant in 3...2....1

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

I am. He drove up and honked the horn because he needed to get thru. The idiots surrounded his vehicle and started hitting it. But I know, they're cause is righteous so they should be allowed to conduct themselves in any way they like.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

CBS News
@CBSNews

Disregarding the truck driver’s actions (Obviously he was aggressive and I am not condoning his aggressive actions)

Is it peaceful protesting if you are blocking a person on a road or blocking someone from getting to their job?