Politics And Current Events

Postby Kane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:05 pm

"Your honor I object!"

"Why?"

"Because it's damaging to my case!"

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm

PBS will be airing all of the public impeachment proceedings.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Leaked Signal messages from an online chat network around six-term Washington state Republican representative Matt Shea show new evidence of violent fantasies, surveillance of perceived adversaries, conspiracy thinking, Islamophobia, and support for white nationalists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... are_btn_tw

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:30 pm

"Your honor I object!"

"Why?"

"Because it's damaging to my case!"

"Overruled."

"Good call!"

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:35 pm

This Hill testimony is something, she's chastising the GOP for indulging in conspiracy theories, insinuating that the Russians thrive on these disinformation campaigns, making us ripe for being manipulated again in 2020.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Are the president and his lackeys still hell bent on outing the whistleblower? I mean, pretty much everything has been corroborated to this point, yes?
He's already been outed, right?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm

I was unaware of that... who is he?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:27 pm

His name has been known for like a month.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

I was unaware of that... who is he?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:44 pm

You wouldn't know him.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Sounds like he's super seriously been outed

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Does he go to a different school?

Tomas

Postby Tomas » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Famous Putin supporter criticized by fellow Russians for secretly obtaining US citizenship:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 21_nhl_ten

(Google translated)

Malkin is an American. And the Russians are angry: We don't need such patriots

The famous hockey player was the victim of virtual scams that revealed his dual citizenship. Until recently, he was one of the biggest darlings of Russian hockey fans. He won two gold medals at the World Championships, and he also built a good name for his homeland in the overseas NHL, where he and Pittsburgh raised the famous Stanley Cup three times over his head.

But now the reputation of the attacker Yevgeny Malkin among the Russians is under threat. Reason? An unexpected discovery that a native of Magnitogorsk has had for some time in addition to Russian citizenship and the American.

We don't need such patriots! He fooled us on Putin's and Russia's side and then he becomes American!

These are a random disagreement of Russians on social networks.

Perhaps it would not have been possible for a long time, if ever, had it not been for the Russian company Mark.Space. At the beginning of 2018, Malkin also invested in a startup project that promised visionary virtual reality goals.

"The founders impressed me with their enthusiasm, and when they introduced me to the prototype of the product, all doubts fell away," the attacker reveled last February after shielding the emerging project with $ 4 million.

But a few months have passed, and the initial optimism is now. There was nothing left of the project, the company was facing a class action, and Malkin's money disappeared unknown.

In addition, the investigation has appeared at first glance perhaps irrelevant, but in Russia loudly resonating fact - from Malkin became the attention of the American also.
End in Team Putin?

This information in the Russian media has many times drowned the scandal of the embezzled money of the double king of NHL productivity and other investors. Devil took a failed business step. But that he has American citizenship? And in addition to this in secret?

Malkin's American nationality is also somewhat surprising, given that he is a member of the Putin Team. It was founded a few years ago by canonist Alexander Ovechkin in support of the current Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In addition, Malkin disagreed on the anti-Putin statements of countryman Artemim Panarin, who leaned sharply on the head of state and relations in Russia this summer.

“Artemmi doesn't like it when someone talks to him in hockey. But he mixes himself into a policy with which we athletes have nothing to do. I respect Putin as a human being, ”Malkin explained in July.

That is why he now has to explain to many Russians the shocking decision for dual citizenship. “It's my second home, I've lived here for many years. Not at all, I do not like the negative atmosphere that is being created between the US and Russia, ”Malkin said, arguing that Russian law allows two nationalities, which many players and coaches use.

That is why Malkin's agent Gennady Ushakov wondered after the media's inquiry: “I do not understand why you are interested in any American citizenship at all. Zenya will continue to represent Russia. ”

In any case, Malkin, 33, has to face the inconvenience of the Russian project Mark.Space. The hockey player did not see the fraudulent intentions of the founders, who, thanks to his famous name, attracted other investors.

In addition, crowdfunding projects in the country are conditional on the entry of a foreign shareholder, so Malkin's American passport came in very handy. Instead of building virtual shopping centers, where clients would find themselves after the VR glasses were deployed, however, seeming entrepreneurs illegally extracted cryptocurrencies. And Malkin had no idea.
Leave the American Putin-buddy alone! :lol:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 4_nhl_zele

(I am somewhat surprised by the identity of the critic)

Is OV a US citizen? Jagr?
Jagr is not a US citizen. Even though he has not been to the US in quite some time (permanently), he has been able to keep his Green Card (i.e. permanent residency) though. The reason I know is that a few weeks ago, it was mentioned that Jagr would have to leave his Czech team to go to the US to "deal with his Green Card." Then, some Czech tabloids printed pictures of Jagr majorly partying in Vegas during that trip... :lol:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Does he go to a different school?
The Russian media did the dirty work for the Republicans unsurprisingly and outed him.

But the lame stream media, including Fox News, have some standards of professionalism and refuse to release the name

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:00 pm

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:10 pm

It's like one of those 1920s cartoons with the fact cat capitalist

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 pm

What creepy thing do you google search for this picture result?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:07 pm

"Trump".

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:19 pm

"Trump".
“nobody”

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:21 pm

"Trump".
“nobody”

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:39 pm

"Trump".
“nobody”

Huh. I searched nobody and this came up.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Seeing as Google search results are curated and tailored based on previous search results and what the user has clicked through to, this is unsurprising.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Hot trump photos

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Steve Bannon, under oath, says Roger Stone was WikiLeaks' "access point" to Trump campaign:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roger-ston ... 019-11-08/

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Seeing as Google search results are curated and tailored based on previous search results and what the user has clicked through to, this is unsurprising.
My kid apparently searches for the LEGO movie a lot.