Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm

When did Morkle turn into a liberal hack? Seems like he gets his wife preggo and all of a sudden, he's over there on the left with VLB and Eddy...
Between M0rkle and MR25 lurching to the left and PFIDC basically becoming a member of Antifa, this board is more liberal than ever before. Even Factorial protesting his brother's banning by not posting since that day hasn't restored balance.
You picked up NAN.
Hail to Pitt Trump

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Santorum loves the Butina.
That doesn't look like the same redhead (no soul) person.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Kushner sidesteps Democratic National Committee lawyers
If President Donald Trump’s dance with Russia needed another sideshow, here it is: Lawyers for the Democratic National Committee are accusing White House adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner of dodging a court summons.

The complaint is the latest development in the DNC’s lawsuit claiming Trump’s presidential campaign conspired with Russia in 2016 at the expense of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Kushner is a defendant in the case, along with a long list of others in Trump’s inner circle, including campaign manager Paul Manafort, adviser Roger Stone and Russia itself.

In a court filing Tuesday, DNC lawyers said Kushner, a defendant in the case, has avoided service at least six times since June, when they tried and failed three times to deliver court documents to someone at Kushner’s Manhattan apartment who refused to accept them.

They went scouting for Kushner at his Washington home in Kalorama, where they were rebuffed by Secret Service agents, who told the process server to “figure out another way.”

Two days later, on June 28, lawyers for the DNC tried sending Kushner the documents by certified mail, which requires a signature. The U.S. Postal Service couldn’t deliver. Returned to sender.
That's an interesting take. Use the Secret Service to prevent service of process! I'm quite sure that's in line with their duties.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Isn’t the American justice system innocent until proven guilty?
Whether something is technically legal or not is a bad threshold.
Also, do you want a government that punishes organizations and people based on what that government believes is ethical or moral behavior?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Sort of the closest I heard someone got to defending Trump's performance in Helsinki Monday was, "Well, it doesn't meet the legal definition of treason, so..."

That's not a good look.
I heard one interesting theory on this posited yesterday, and for me, it's probably the most beneficial to Trump explanation that I could possibly buy. That Trump's brain was infected with some international diplomacy theory that was apparently thrown around at some point in his younger days, the 80's I think, that the post WWII international order needed to be reshaped, and that the US and Russia should be allies and the basis for this new order. I don't really know anything about that, except Trump mentioned something about how the US and Russia own 90% of the world's nuclear weapons capacity. And we know Trump's fixation on "nuclear" so he might mistake that with actual power in the current global climate.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Also, do you want a government that punishes organizations and people based on what that government believes is ethical or moral behavior?
No, I would prefer NRA supporters to demand their organization stop taking Russian money to attack their domestic political opponents.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Santorum loves the Butina.
That doesn't look like the same redhead (no soul) person.
Here she is with Sheriff David Clarke

And Governor Scott Walker

And NRA President David Keene

And NRA executive VP Wayne Lapierre

And of course, here is candidate Trump talking to her from a podium

The post in Cyrillic reads, "So much for Republicans being supposedly against Russia."

Woohoo.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:43 pm

No, I would prefer NRA supporters to demand their organization stop taking Russian money to attack their domestic political opponents.

So you wouldn’t rule it out, but just prefer private citizens make a stand... Or did you just misspeak?

FlyEaglesFly

Postby FlyEaglesFly » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm still waiting for the media to ask Trump if he is aware of any American Intelligence operations in Russia? Then to follow up a no response with "How is your denial any more plausible than Putins?

On the side of the coin, I love how the left is up in arms that Russia crime is that it exposed the dirty dealing of the DNC. Not that it actually changed votes or otherwise effected the election.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Sort of the closest I heard someone got to defending Trump's performance in Helsinki Monday was, "Well, it doesn't meet the legal definition of treason, so..."

That's not a good look.
I heard one interesting theory on this posited yesterday, and for me, it's probably the most beneficial to Trump explanation that I could possibly buy. That Trump's brain was infected with some international diplomacy theory that was apparently thrown around at some point in his younger days, the 80's I think, that the post WWII international order needed to be reshaped, and that the US and Russia should be allies and the basis for this new order. I don't really know anything about that, except Trump mentioned something about how the US and Russia own 90% of the world's nuclear weapons capacity. And we know Trump's fixation on "nuclear" so he might mistake that with actual power in the current global climate.
The first time Trump ever made any public statement about NATO and sort of railing against the western alliance was in the mid-80s - right after the first time he visited the USSR. So that's the current extreme theory, that Russia has been cultivating Trump as an asset since then. This whole 'President of the United States' thing was an unintended benefit.

Fun fact: At that point in time, Vladimir Putin was a KGB officer, whose job entailed....... gathering intelligence on foreign visitors to the USSR. :pop:

The 'evidence' for this theory is almost entirely circumstantial and wildly speculative. But we're increasingly moving towards a situation where there is not a banal Occam's razor explanation for...

*gestures broadly*

...all this.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Whoops, I just realized I labeled the pics of the two NRA guys backwards. My bad.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

On the side of the coin, I love how the left is up in arms that Russia crime is that it exposed the dirty dealing of the DNC. Not that it actually changed votes or otherwise effected the election.

Somehow I don't think that's why they're pissed off...

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

The first time Trump ever made any public statement about NATO and sort of railing against the western alliance was in the mid-80s - right after the first time he visited the USSR. So that's the current extreme theory, that Russia has been cultivating Trump as an asset since then. This whole 'President of the United States' thing was an unintended benefit.

Fun fact: At that point in time, Vladimir Putin was a KGB officer, whose job entailed....... gathering intelligence on foreign visitors to the USSR. :pop:

The 'evidence' for this theory is almost entirely circumstantial and wildly speculative. But we're increasingly moving towards a situation where there is not a banal Occam's razor explanation for...

*gestures broadly*

...all this.
And Trump first talked about running for President in 87-88.

I don't think that Putin being his handler since then would be a real surprise...

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm very impressed with Butina's ability to look like a hapless 22 year old and 48 year old librarian.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHDJFJEKDJDBDJSKSJDBDJ

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 pm

I'm very impressed with Butina's ability to look like a hapless 22 year old and 48 year old librarian.
Yeah, some pics she looks decent, others she looks like an old lady that is pooh.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Poll: only 28 percent of young voters say they will certainly vote in the 2018 midterms
http://bit.ly/2uLIzIS

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Sounds about right.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Poll: only 28 percent of young voters say they will certainly vote in the 2018 midterms
http://bit.ly/2uLIzIS
The other 72% will take to twitter to dodint about not having their choice heard.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Interesting that the folks who poo poo'd the Russia/NRA connection haven't commented on this one.
Remind me, what job did Butina have with the NRA?
How much money was that?

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 pm

How much money was that?
I heard it was around $400 million. Well, people are saying it was $400 million, but it could have been more. Who knows?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 pm

heh

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Interesting that the folks who poo poo'd the Russia/NRA connection haven't commented on this one.
Remind me, what job did Butina have with the NRA?
How much money was that?
At what amount of money does it start to matter?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Of course, this is only one poll. There are other surveys with varied results; a recent poll conducted by the Associated Press and University of Chicago’s NORC found that 32 percent of young voters would certainly vote and 56 percent were likely to. Another poll by Cosmopolitan magazine and SurveyMonkey found that 48 percent of young voters were “absolutely certain” they’d vote in the midterms.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Well... if Cosmo made a SurveyMonkey poll, it's gotta be legit.