Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm

yup, nobody'd.

Yeah ok. My posts are just read into in a negative light because people don’t like me here and I don’t share their dumbass narrative of “Everything Trump and the Republicans do is terrible and a detriment to the country!!!”
Chronic victim complex.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm

yup, nobody'd.

Yeah ok. My posts are just read into in a negative light because people don’t like me here and I don’t share their dumbass narrative of “Everything Trump and the Republicans do is terrible and a detriment to the country!!!”
Um...I'm a registered Republican...

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Oddball tangential fact: The former female commander of Marine One during the Bush/Obama transition years was just stripped of her current command for abusing her spouse.
A man or a woman?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:37 pm

yup, nobody'd.

Good for you. So was Ana Navarro.
Last edited by grunthy on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm

The spouse? No idea, my guess would be man.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm

yup, nobody'd.

This. This is why people don't like when you post.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:42 pm

You finally just figured out how awful he is? :lol:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm

yup, nobody'd.

This. This is why people don't like when you post.

Most people are dadholes on this forum. So me being one isn’t the only reason.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm

No, it's a large part of it. If you're always walking away thinking everyone's an dadhole. Maybe you're just the dadhole.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:47 pm

You finally just figured out how awful he is? :lol:

You realize the amount of hypocrisy you exude every time you post about how awful someone else is right?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

What conditions have to be meet from the Trump campaign for their actions surrounding Russia to have been a problem?

Off the top of my head, these are the things that could seem problematic:

Trump Tower meeting arranged by Don Jr
Trump promoting the rigged election story, and stating he wouldn't accept the results of the election
Promoting Russian media outlets on the campaign trail
Trump data analytics firm reaching out to wikileaks

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:19 pm

What conditions have to be meet from the Trump campaign for their actions surrounding Russia to have been a problem?

Off the top of my head, these are the things that could seem problematic:

Trump Tower meeting arranged by Don Jr - not good
Trump promoting the rigged election story, and stating he wouldn't accept the results of the election - this is most likely just trump being his idiot self
Promoting Russian media outlets on the campaign trail
Trump data analytics firm reaching out to wikileaks

I haven’t even heard of the other two.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm

It’s pretty clear now that the investigation must be allowed to reach its conclusion. It should be insulated after today.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 pm

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/11/49752001 ... n-benghazi
For Newsweek reporter Kurt Eichenwald, the words Trump read sounded familiar. It turns out they were taken from an article he wrote, which Blumenthal had included in an email. So they were not Blumenthal's words, but Eichenwald's.

The misconstrued "email" that Trump was reading had appeared in an article on a Russia-funded website called Sputnik, which has since taken it down.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ked-emails
Cambridge Analytica executive confirms firm asked Assange to share hacked emails related to Clinton – reportedly around time it started working for Trump

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:27 pm

It’s also beyond time to levy the sanctions passed overwhelming by congress.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:27 pm

It’s pretty clear now that the investigation must be allowed to reach its conclusion. It should be insulated after today.

It was always going to go to conclusion. Trump was never going to go through and stop it.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:29 pm

https://www.npr.org/2016/10/11/49752001 ... n-benghazi
For Newsweek reporter Kurt Eichenwald, the words Trump read sounded familiar. It turns out they were taken from an article he wrote, which Blumenthal had included in an email. So they were not Blumenthal's words, but Eichenwald's.

The misconstrued "email" that Trump was reading had appeared in an article on a Russia-funded website called Sputnik, which has since taken it down.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ked-emails
Cambridge Analytica executive confirms firm asked Assange to share hacked emails related to Clinton – reportedly around time it started working for Trump

Is this the proof of collusion? If so, it’s not very strong.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Is this the proof of collusion? If so, it’s not very strong.
Well, none of these things in themselves prove anything like conspiracy. But this is the publicly available information that we have to go on.

At this point, the scale of potentials is between: Trump Campaign coordinating with the Russian cyber attack, and the Trump campaign passively benefiting from the Russian cyber attack. It's at what position on that scale is the Trump Presidency in danger?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Not trying to be pedantic, it's an important distinction, imo. In CA, for example, around 2/3 of gun crimes are committed with either 9mm, .40S&W, .45 ACP, .380 Auto, or .32 auto handguns.
Is .32 ACP really that high on the list? While not rare, it's not exactly a common cartridge these days either.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:46 pm

No one is really arguing whether or not Trump "benefited" from the Russian meddling in the broadest sense, but Rosenstein said in his press conference that:
“There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity,” Rosenstein said. “There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.”

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:53 pm

No one is really arguing whether or not Trump "benefited" from the Russian meddling in the broadest sense, but Rosenstein said in his press conference that:
“There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity,” Rosenstein said. “There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election.”
I'm not sure how that relates to the question. I'm saying on a scale of potential Trump campaign involvement with the Russian cyber attack, what level of behavior from the campaign should incite impeachment hearings?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm not sure how that relates to the question. I'm saying on a scale of potential Trump campaign involvement with the Russian cyber attack, what level of behavior from the campaign should incite impeachment hearings?

You guys are using this indictment for implications against trump. Rosenstein is saying the opposite.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Don Jr often retweeted one of the Russian twitter handles in the indictment @TEN_GOP. Unwitting would fit his profile.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:57 pm

I would need to see Trump involved in mediatory talks with Putin to throw the election and/or Trump recognizing what was going on and then making some kind of quid pro quo to pay for more of the disinformation campaign.

Or something like that.

Trump merely benefiting from illegal activity without active involvement is not enough for impeachment.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Trump has railed that the investigation was a hoax that there was nothing there. It most certainly isn’t a hoax and the investigation is ongoing.