Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 pm

Gohmert just said that Nadler was being Stalinist. :lol:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:19 pm

You’re the one initiating an argument. People post she has passion about something, and you can’t help but try to find an angle to argue and say that she’s just a pawn. All because Trump tweeted like an ass again.
It’s not an argument. It’s differing opinions. I don’t give a flying **** that trump tweeted, except that he should be condemned for being an asshat to a teen.

She was in the news before trump tweeted. So spare me the trump nonsense. Not everything is **** ing about trump. These are two separate events that I’m giving my opinion on.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Ok boomer.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Ok boomer.
You’re probably older than me.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:26 pm

I’m definitely older than you.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:30 pm

Ok boomer.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:29 am

They stood up there and literally called politicians child murderers.
Many on the international stage are.

Who cares what she says. Another case of looking and loving to be outraged by you. Yawn.

"Looking' would imply I actually have to make an effort to see it. I don't. Its impossible to ignore.

Now that mass shooting the other day in NJ or the naval base shooting? Yeah you literally have to go out of your way to find stories on it. Everyones priorities are so fukked up its pathetic

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:30 am

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:32 am

Lelldorin

Postby Lelldorin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:11 am

Let's just say that the Swedes are divided regarding Greta Thunberg.

It is quite apparent that she has PR people behind her. And it is even more apparent since she can never go outside her prepared speech. You can for example look at the panel session in Davos where she is given questions regarding what concrete measures we could do. She can't come up with any concrete suggestion in that setting, but I would appreciate if you could show me some clip where she has one concrete solution.

The problem is when you are a child and engage in a discussion trying to persuade grownups to do something. If you want to have a grown up conversation, then you can't say "I am just a child" as soon as someone discusses or criticizes your opinions. If you want decision makers to do something you need to be able to defend your opinions and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of them.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:52 am

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 am

Gohmert just said that Nadler was being Stalinist. :lol:
They were so mad. Pretty sure I heard someone say "dictatorship", too. :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:51 am

It is quite apparent that she has PR people behind her. And it is even more apparent since she can never go outside her prepared speech. You can for example look at the panel session in Davos where she is given questions regarding what concrete measures we could do. She can't come up with any concrete suggestion in that setting, but I would appreciate if you could show me some clip where she has one concrete solution.

The problem is when you are a child and engage in a discussion trying to persuade grownups to do something. If you want to have a grown up conversation, then you can't say "I am just a child" as soon as someone discusses or criticizes your opinions. If you want decision makers to do something you need to be able to defend your opinions and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of them.
Thanks for sharing! Nice having a resident Swede here :)

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:54 am

Heh. That makes two Swedes I know that don't dislike her. Wish I could have had some balance. :P

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:05 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:20 am

Another Dem on the fence.

Cunningham is really a Republican. Interesting guy, but worried about keeping his seat in a very red district.

Lelldorin

Postby Lelldorin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:58 am

Thanks for sharing! Nice having a resident Swede here :)
Thanks. But to be honest, I guess your general views on politics are closest to mine out of all the posters in this forum ;)

And to clarify:
Greta Thunberg can do whatever she likes, but I am not a fan of her and especially the circus surrounding her.

Two examples:
-There was a lot of fuzz in Sweden regarding her being the top choice for the Noble Peace prize.
-If you don't agree with her and support her then you are labeled a climate denier

Lelldorin

Postby Lelldorin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:58 am

Heh. That makes two Swedes I know that don't dislike her. Wish I could have had some balance. :P
Perhaps I fulfilled your desire - see the post above ;)

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:13 am

I'm fine with people attacking the parents and people behind her doing this... attacking her is a bit much. I believe shyster had a nice long rant about how she's a whiny little brat that needs to stfu. That's the kind of abuse she does not deserve. Attack the real reasons why her face is plastered all over the TV: the people behind her using her as a prop along with the powers that be who don't want to do a damn thing about climate change because it'll potentially hurt their bottom line.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 am

It's always easier to attack the messenger than address the reason for the message.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 am

It's always easier to attack the messenger than address the reason for the message.
:thumb:

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:36 am

Another Dem on the fence.

Cunningham is really a Republican. Interesting guy, but worried about keeping his seat in a very red district.
I've seen estimates that six democrats will not vote for impeachment.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am

Can we get a list from the good folks here at 5AF on who has been "attacking her"?

Lelldorin says it right.
If you don't agree with her and support her then you are labeled a climate denier
Which is why they put her out front, to neuter any disagreement.