Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:32 am

Nassar pleaded to some lesser charges, but I know they were able to make a case that his international travel with the team constituted travel with the intent to commit sex crimes against minors. So I'm guessing this was the same sort of thing but just at the Michigan state level.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:33 am

CPAC panel on the stolen election. All those dumb judges were fooled by the media.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:36 am

Someone explain CPAC to me like i'm meow (in other words, a 5th grader)

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 am

A place to discuss not wanting black people in our country

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:38 am

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 am

Mr voter suppression Hans von Spakovsky is on the panel. What a joke.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 am

Nassar pleaded to some lesser charges, but I know they were able to make a case that his international travel with the team constituted travel with the intent to commit sex crimes against minors. So I'm guessing this was the same sort of thing but just at the Michigan state level.
It had to do with them being “forced to perform work” on some level.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:45 am

Comic con for conservative political junkies.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:47 am

Comic con for conservative political junkies.
Romney was a favorite 10 years ago but wasn't invited this year. It's Trump's party still.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:52 am

Good for them, I say. It is 2021. It isn't every day that you can take some time to wallow in your own self righteousness.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:15 pm

A place to discuss not wanting black people in our country
lold

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:17 pm

As fractures emerge among Proud Boys, experts warn of a shift toward extremist violence

WE ARE......................................................................................... ?

Joy

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:20 pm

looks about right smh

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Venice was my home from 2009-2011. It was certainly not like this at all. The boardwalk always felt a bit sketchy but mostly it was failed rappers handing you their CD and expecting cash in return. To see what it has become is very sad. Get these people help.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Yeah, that was not what Venice was like when I moved here. I mean, don't get me wrong, the first time I ever went to Venice I saw a guy on the sidewalk at Rose and Speedway shooting up. But that's next level plight.

S**t, Venice was where I did like 90% of my weekend hangs for the first 3 or 4 years after I moved. Saturdays were inline hockey in the parking lots, Sundays were brunch at the Fig Tree with one group of friends then live music with another group at the open mic at the Bar.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:50 pm

I was gonna ask something similar earlier today. For the democrats in this thread, do you have any confidence that Biden represents your values? Not on the face because he can talk all he wants but in action
Registered Republican. Joe Biden does nothing for me, for the most part. But for as long as these clowns in red are trotting out Trump and enshrining him like they did today with the gold statue at the CPAC. I'll just go ahead and not look back.

I just refuse to support a party that treats someone like that, like he's above it all. I doubt it'll ever change and likely get worse, this type of worshipping, so I'm going to try and figure out how to just de-register from the Republican party and be no-party preference going forward.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:51 pm

As fractures emerge among Proud Boys, experts warn of a shift toward extremist violence

WE ARE......................................................................................... ?

Joy
With the exception of Enrico (Hey did you know that terrorist was not white?!), I bet anyone who isn't white probably feels uncomfortable being around that group.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:52 pm

I was gonna ask something similar earlier today. For the democrats in this thread, do you have any confidence that Biden represents your values? Not on the face because he can talk all he wants but in action
Registered Republican. Joe Biden does nothing for me, for the most part. But for as long as these clowns in red are trotting out Trump and enshrining him like they did today with the gold statue at the CPAC. I'll just go ahead and not look back.

I just refuse to support a party that treats someone like that, like he's above it all. I doubt it'll ever change and likely get worse, this type of worshipping, so I'm going to try and figure out how to just de-register from the Republican party and be no-party preference going forward.
Losing elections is the only thing that will change it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Losing elections is the only thing that will change it.
Which elections?

MTG, Boebert, Gaetz and the other house mutants who are now the stewards of the party will be part of our lives for generations to come - even if there’s a senate minority and a Dem prez.

The party is being driven from the bottom up, aggrieved poor whites in districts like MTG are the party majority therefor they decide when enough is enough with Trump worship and general MAGA behavior. And they don’t actually follow politics so losing the senate and having the general election “stolen” every 4 years ain’t swaying them.

Point being we’re still in the downward spiral part of this. There will be multiple election cycles before they appeal to someone like morkle.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:41 pm

If ever, honestly.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm

For the super sincere people who think the Electoral college is a legitimate method of running the highest stakes election on earth because it so clearly represents the framers vision...Republicans stopped pretending it was about virtue and admitted it’s just a mechanism for gaining undue power, so you can now admit it too!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Yea, that's an awful ad, and racist to me, I guess, because let's be honest, the dense area of population folks, aren't white.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Two in the stunning, one in the brave.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Since I have no religion in my life, I look for that Oreo blue check mark to guide me.

...but really, there are plenty of folks in MAGA land who actually don't think being trans is an actual condition. And there's a pretty good venn diagram, of people who believe that and loooooove some cookies. It's not a tweet for you. And even as a virtue signal, I'm glad that Big Cookie is on the side of science.