Politics And Current Events

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 am

Influential evangelical leader and Donald Trump backer Jerry Falwell Jr. went into business with a young pool attendant he and his wife met while staying at a luxury hotel in Miami Beach, according to a lawsuit filed in Miami-Dade County.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ar ... ssion=true

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 am

People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 am

I'm not sure what the problem is here?

Falwell, Jr. is a dummy, but that looks like a grumpy dad mad he didn't get in on the ground floor.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:18 am

Yeah, just found that paragraph funny. A lot happening there.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:21 am

People do not yet realize how much of the Wall, including really effective renovation, has already been built. If the Democrats do not give us the votes to secure our Country, the Military will build the remaining sections of the Wall. They know how important it is!
....however, for strictly political reasons and because they have been pulled so far left, do NOT want Border Security. They want Open Borders for anyone to come in. This brings large scale crime and disease. Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way.......

I guess you don't need a wall then?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 am

Ok I have to ask...

Let’s say what Donald Trump did with the NDAs to stormy was illegal because it amounted to a campaign violation and because they didn’t disclose it. How the hell is it any different for the possible 100+ people sitting in congress right now with their NDAs that they don’t disclose?

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 am

The big difference I see is he continued to lie and actively pursued the cover up. Allegedly.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 am

But yeah, everyone else also breaks the law isn't the best argument either, but apparently that's where we are

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:48 am

Ok I have to ask...

Let’s say what Donald Trump did with the NDAs to stormy was illegal because it amounted to a campaign violation and because they didn’t disclose it. How the hell is it any different for the possible 100+ people sitting in congress right now with their NDAs that they don’t disclose?
Ask the SDNY.

To me, it's just evidence to his disregard for legality and willingness to ignore rules and direct underlings to break the law. To me, the biggest parallels between Watergate and Russiagate at this juncture is GOP supporters unwilling to grapple with the potential extent of the conspiracy. I think people were overlooking how corrupt and petty Nixon was, because most people believe such conduct is below the office, or below the people that would ever be considered for such positions.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 am

Ok I have to ask...

Ask the SDNY.

To me, it's just evidence to his disregard for legality and willingness to ignore rules and direct underlings to break the law. To me, the biggest parallels between Watergate and Russiagate at this juncture is GOP supporters unwilling to grapple with the potential extent of the conspiracy. I think people were overlooking how corrupt and petty Nixon was, because most people believe such conduct is below the office, or below the people that would ever be considered for such positions.
Congress refuses to disclose. How is that not the same?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:51 am

I don't care. Again, ask the SDNY why they are prosecuting Cohen and pursuing Trump on this when he's doing way worse stuff.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 am

I don't care. Again, ask the SDNY why they are prosecuting Cohen and pursuing Trump on this when he's doing way worse stuff.
You don’t care that laws in the country only apply to certain people?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 am

No, I don't care that you think that.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

No, I don't care that you think that.
Nice try at a deflection.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 am

Not enough Chiefs :lol:
Fake News has it purposely wrong. Many, over ten, are vying for and wanting the White House Chief of Staff position. Why wouldn’t someone want one of the truly great and meaningful jobs in Washington. Please report news correctly. Thank you!

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:14 am

Are you alleging that there are hundreds of legislators that paid women off during their campaigns? Or are you saying that all the sexual harassment suits that are brought against sitting congressional members are somehow equivalent to Trump's campaign finance violations?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:17 am

Are you alleging that there are hundreds of legislators that paid women off during their campaigns? Or are you saying that all the sexual harassment suits that are brought against sitting congressional members are somehow equivalent to Trump's campaign finance violations?
How isn’t using hush money to keep people from speaking and possibly damaging a congressman/woman’s political career not the equivalent to what Trump did?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:21 am

How isn’t using hush money to keep people from speaking and possibly damaging a congressman/woman’s political career not the equivalent to what Trump did?
One seems to be in direct violation of existing campaign finance laws, and the other isn't?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:28 am

One seems to be in direct violation of existing campaign finance laws, and the other isn't?

How isn’t it a violation? They aren’t financially disclosing payments. It’s the reason Trump could be in trouble.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am

Because for reasons I cannot fathom, the Congressional fund itself was paying to settle those harassment allegations.

Second, there's a very really possibility that the repayment to Cohen from the Trump Org falls into a money laundering charge.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am

Because for reasons I cannot fathom, the Congressional fund itself was paying to settle those harassment allegations.

Second, there's a very really possibility that the repayment to Cohen from the Trump Org falls into a money laundering charge.

So congress is allowed to launder money?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 am

Again, one is an explicit violation of the law that is prosecutable, and the other, I would say breaks the spirit of the law, but isn't an overt violation of law.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:51 am

Again, one is an explicit violation of the law that is prosecutable, and the other, I would say breaks the spirit of the law, but isn't an overt violation of law.
Even though they are both using an intermediary to launder money to pay off people to keep their political careers intact, it just comes down to what intermediary does it, in your opinion?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 am

This has nothing to do with your TDS?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:53 am

Someone call the DOJ... Grunty has cracked the case.