Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:07 pm

I can't link twitter, but the reporter tweeted out that story with a link to the NBC news facebook page with the whole interview.
Found it...

I'll take a look.
But, in hindsight, I wouldn't bother. It's boring. That spliced clip makes it look more confrontational than it actually was.

In case you missed this edit.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Schiff with a haymaker in that response
I'm not watching live... you'll have to be more specific.
Question asked about a hypothetical Obama asking for Romney’s son to be investigated and if it would have been okay for Obama to ask for corruption to be investigated. Schiff responded and the haymaker came when he said they hypothetical relies on an investigation actually happening which in the real life Trump example Trump said the investigation didn’t even need to happen and just needed to be announced. As a result it’s obvious Trump didn’t care at all about corruption.
That’s quite a haymaker...

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:09 pm

link?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I can't link twitter, but the reporter tweeted out that story with a link to the NBC news facebook page with the whole interview.
Found it...

I'll take a look.
But, in hindsight, I wouldn't bother. It's boring. That spliced clip makes it look more confrontational than it actually was.

In case you missed this edit.
On follow up, it certainly wasn't confrontational until he called them all Schiff's shills. And even then, not all that confrontational.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:19 pm

It's also just a worthless exercise, there's no need to expose GOP congressmen for lying, or making bad faith arguments. I mean, is there really one person out there aware of what this whole thing is about, that doesn't believe Trump held the aid to get Ukraine to provide dirt on Biden?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 pm

You tellin me Brian Stelter posted something misleading?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:24 pm

It's also just a worthless exercise, there's no need to expose GOP congressmen for lying, or making bad faith arguments. I mean, is there really one person out there aware of what this whole thing is about, that doesn't believe Trump held the aid to get Ukraine to provide dirt on Biden?

nobody? NP?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:28 pm

nobody? NP?
They don't believe that, they are somewhere on the "so what" to "lol, **** you libs" spectrum.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:28 pm

nobody? NP?
When have I said he didn’t do that? I’ve made multiple comments on his impeachment is warranted but removal is not.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Can anyone even imagine a Romney child saying a bad word?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:31 pm

nobody? NP?
When have I said he didn’t do that? I’ve made multiple comments on his impeachment is warranted but removal is not.
Then just NP.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Can anyone even imagine a Romney child saying a bad word?
Chiseler or fiddlin' ben

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:49 pm

nobody? NP?
They don't believe that, they are somewhere on the "so what" to "lol, **** you libs" spectrum.
I got to the "so what" point after roughly the 200th threat to our very existence that called for immediate removal. Once Ukraine fails, you'll just move on to the next one with another new hero like Bolton ready to blow the lid off of everything. That damn broke yet, Troy?? So why the hell should anyone care at this point lol?

And the only person I see anywhere doing the "**** you libs" thing is you. You act like thats the only reason everyone doesnt just role over and let Democrats have their way with everything, just to screw with you. You also seem like you're handling this worse and worse every day, so maybe its working.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Dershowitz argues that a president is immune if he views his reelection as in the public interest.
:face:
What a great precedent to set.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:50 pm

I heard Hunter Biden interrupted Pam Bondi when she was watching ow my balls.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Someone has to have compromising information on Alan Dershowitz.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:36 pm

howdoyoudofellowkids.gif

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:43 pm

I know Kobe had a huge impact on the game and there are a ton of people who admire the man. I’ve also never been to an NBA game. Where’s the problem?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 pm

I know Kobe had a huge impact on the game and there are a ton of people who admire the man. I’ve also never been to an NBA game. Where’s the problem?

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Really got buttigieg there.

Might be one of the most boring tweets ever.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:53 pm

This.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:09 pm

I only know him from that "incident" and that's the only time he , or any basketball player, he's been on my radar. I'm surprised by the outpouring of grief.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:32 pm

The rape charge was a joke, and he had to admit he cheated. His wife forgave him, which is nobody elses business.

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:36 pm

The rape charge was a joke
:?: