Politics And Current Events

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:30 pm

This is what work from home culture creates
Woke from home
This went an entire page without being recognized, but I want you to know that I hear you, Ronald. :fist:
Ronnie with the slam dunk here. Atta boy, Ronnie

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:31 pm

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:48 pm

Look at them, scared of the rainbow mafia. Pussies.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:27 pm

I thought it was the Jews…

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:43 pm

Rainbow mafia. El oh el

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:47 pm

Rainbow mafia. El oh el

I've seen the term before and it looks like it's been around since at least 2017:

rainbow mafia

General name for individuals or groups who push the neoliberal LGBTQIA+ agenda aggressively and without room for questioning, critical thinking, or compromise. Dissenters are subject to ad-hominem attacks and online doxxing.

The rainbow mafia is always forcing people to accept anything trans… and if you do or say anything to dispute it, you're a villain.

by jouissancepastance July 8, 2017
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... ow%20mafia

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:57 pm

Aggressively stupid

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:58 pm

I just checked the Pgh Yellow Pages and couldn't find an attorney with the name Shyster.

The rainbow mafia would be interested in him.

(if it's not obvious, this was a joke).

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:59 pm

Until there is a push to change the biology texts books to claim “sex isn’t real”, you’re just an old man yelling at clouds. No one who is honest claims that sex isn’t a thing. You continue to push this weird narrative that trans people and trans allies either are too dumb to understand biological sex exist, or recognize that it exists and choose to ignore it.

Gender is more than what’s in your pants. You are well aware of this. I don’t believe you to be too dumb to understand it, so I have to assume you recognize it and choose to ignore it.
Trans people and trans allies are literally pushing the narrative that biological sex does not exist. Between the two options you presented, I believe the latter is correct; they understand that biological sex exists, but they are choosing to ignore it because it interferes with their agenda.

Part of the narrative that sex functionally does not exist is the intentional conflation of the terms sex and gender. I am fully aware that they are different concepts, and if you look back over my recent posts, I was referring only to sex and not gender. Dude, I'm a lawyer; I always pick my words with precision. But the trans activists do not. Many of them will argue that someone with a female-type gender or who identifies with a female gender is therefore a female by sex. That is patently false. Identifying with or expressing a certain gender does not mean that you transform into the biological sex associated with that gender. Wearing a bra and a dress and high-heel shoes are all things stereotypically associated with modern female gender. A man putting on a bra and dress and high-heel shoes doesn't become a biological female by doing so, because gender and sex are different.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:03 pm

Major deja vu

Shyster made basically that exact same post talking about whatever it is that crt adherents we’re pushing. I guess we can credit being saved from radical race theorists by shyster’s courageous posting.
Last edited by Troy Loney on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:03 pm

Trans people and trans allies are literally pushing the narrative that biological sex does not exist.
Show your work, please…

And no, rando tweeters doesn’t count. I would consider myself a member of the trans ally community and I certainly am not pushing such a narrative. I’m not aware of any pushes to change biology text books. I’m not aware of a push in medical science to forget biological sex is a thing. Where is this push to say biological sex isn’t a thing happening?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:04 pm

Shyster relying on decade/s old scientific knowledge while ignoring the changing world. It’s like when the church claimed science was the devil or someone says “we’ve always done it this way.”
Again, show me the new science that says that human sex doesn't exist or that humans can change biological sex as a matter of pure self-identification. For example, I have yet to see any peer-reviewed paper that reveals the shocking revelation that a man who puts on a dress and proclaims that he's a woman suddenly has all of the Y chromosomes in his body morph into X chromosomes, or that his penis and testicles transform into a vagina. And I can guarantee that you won't see any either because none of those things happen or are even biologically possible for human beings (and not frogs, ferchistsake).

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:05 pm

Shyster relying on decade/s old scientific knowledge while ignoring the changing world. It’s like when the church claimed science was the devil or someone says “we’ve always done it this way.”
Again, show me the new science that says that human sex doesn't exist or that humans can change biological sex as a matter of pure self-identification. For example, I have yet to see any peer-reviewed paper that reveals the shocking revelation that a man who puts on a dress and proclaims that he's a woman suddenly has all of the Y chromosomes in his body morph into X chromosomes, or that his penis and testicles transform into a vagina. And I can guarantee that you won't see any either because none of those things happen or are even biologically possible for human beings (and not frogs, ferchistsake).
Once again… not a real thing. NEXT!

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:08 pm

What "legal ramifications"

The abolition of women-only spaces. If a man who identifies as a woman is legally a woman, then that man has every right to the same legal benefits that are granted only to women, as well as access to women-only spaces like women's shelters and prisons. That is happening right now in this country.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:09 pm

It's a little odd for shyster to be arguing that point as he most likely does not believe such "rights and protects" like "a bonus for proposers who are 'minority owned businesses'" should even exist in the first place...
I was going to drop a footnote saying that, but I forgot to do so.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:14 pm

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-center/p ... al-meeting
“Designating sex on birth certificates as male or female, and making that information available on the public portion, perpetuates a view that sex designation is permanent and fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity. This type of categorization system also risks stifling an individual’s self-expression and self-identification and contributes to marginalization and minoritization,” said AMA Board Chair-Elect Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:15 pm

What "legal ramifications"

The abolition of women-only spaces. If a man who identifies as a woman is legally a woman, then that man has every right to the same legal benefits that are granted only to women, as well as access to women-only spaces like women's shelters and prisons. That is happening right now in this country.
Those feel more like social ramification, even if there is a legal component. But law is a product of society, so i don’t really see this as some like break glass thing

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:17 pm

“Designating sex on birth certificates as male or female, and making that information available on the public portion, perpetuates a view that sex designation is permanent and fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity. This type of categorization system also risks stifling an individual’s self-expression and self-identification and contributes to marginalization and minoritization,” said AMA Board Chair-Elect Sandra Adamson Fryhofer, M.D.
Stop, not like that :lol:

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:18 pm

Shyster made basically that exact same post talking about whatever it is that crt adherents we’re pushing. I guess we can credit being saved from radical race theorists by shyster’s courageous posting.

It should sound familiar, because queer/gender/trans studies is one of the disciplines that fall under critical theory, along with CRT, fat studies, post-colonial studies, and other related disciplines. Different focus, but same ideological basis—namely, a mix of postmodernism from folks like Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault with the neo-Marxist legacy of the Frankfurt School.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Thanks.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:20 pm

Ummm… GENDER IDENTITY didn’t help you connect the dots here?

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:22 pm

I recall someone just mentioning that trans activists are intentionally conflating sex with gender. And look at that quote that intentionally conflates "sex designation" with "gender identity."

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:23 pm

Yes… the sex designation that you have as a result of your chromosomal makeup will not always match with gender identity of an individual. I’m glad we’re all learning how sex and gender work together.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:33 pm

I recall someone just mentioning that trans activists are intentionally conflating sex with gender. And look at that quote that intentionally conflates "sex designation" with "gender identity."
Intentionally deflecting the area you're wrong to make a different point. You argue like a woman.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:37 pm

It should sound familiar, because queer/gender/trans studies is one of the disciplines that fall under critical theory, along with CRT, fat studies, post-colonial studies, and other related disciplines. Different focus, but same ideological basis—namely, a mix of postmodernism from folks like Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault with the neo-Marxist legacy of the Frankfurt School.
Not sure what any of this is supposed to mean to anyone.

I’m reminded of that clip where conceptual James Lindsay was on some talk show and did a verbal diarrhea that was basically just this post in real life to people in a conversational setting. It did not go well.