Politics And Current Events

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:22 pm

I saw that the rumor that her father was wrestler Stan Lee is proven to not be true.

Her mother was a wrestling groupie and claimed that he was the father.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:40 pm

It would make sense though. Stan Lane **** sucked.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:13 pm

Happy killdozer day!

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:27 pm

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Someone is born with a penis, and is biologically a man. However, they then start to realize that something is different and being a man doesn’t really make sense for them. That actually, being a woman does. That while their body and chromosomes say man, their mind and spirit say woman. This happens, and has happened, probably since the beginning of humans. To this person, they are a woman. For all intents and purposes, they are a woman, since that is how they identify and live their life. Why is it important, or relevant in any way for someone else to say, “nah, you’re really a man”? What’s the end game?
First, the assertion that they are literally a biological woman is simply a lie. I reject the notion that I must repeat a lie or participate in a lie. "Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Second, it matters because there are tangible legal distinctions between men and women and legal protections and rights for women. In many cases, women had to fight for years to obtain those rights and protections. Example: in many cases, government contracting gives a bonus for proposers who are "minority owned businesses," and the definition of a minority usually includes women. Women and other minorities fought hard for that treatment. When those rules first went into place, men would get around them by putting their businesses in their wives' names so they could claim "woman owned" status. Government pretty quickly wised up and started to require proof that the woman was actually involved in the business. But if "woman" is just a matter of personal self-identification, why can't Bob the Builder just "identify" as a woman and claim that status? By reducing "woman" to nothing more than some sort of feeling, the trans movement is erasing literally decades of feminist efforts to secure to women their own sports, spaces, and interests.

Third, I care because the trans movement is seeking to punish those who aren't on board. For example, multiple municipalities have passed laws that say that not using someone's preferred pronouns can result in fines or other punishment. I don't give two craps what delusions people have about themselves. I don't care whether anyone identifies as a male or female or purple hippopotamus. But I care very much if I might face punishment because I decline to participate in someone's else's delusions.

Fourth, I believe is scientific integrity. The notions that biological sex isn't real, or that it's just a matter of personal self-identification, or that sex in humans (and not frogs) can be changed is patently, scientifically false. It's not true. It never has been true. There is no new shocking recent research showing that centuries of science was all false and that biological sex is just a social construct where someone can literally become the other sex as a matter of pure self-identification. The assertions about biological sex that are coming from trans advocates are every bit as absurd as asserting that the Earth is flat, and it is honestly dismaying to see so many of you on here parrot those patent falsehoods. Biological sex exists. A female is the sex that produces the larger, immobile gametes, called eggs. The male is the sex that produces smaller, motile games, called sperm. In human, sex selection is controlled by the X and Y chromosomes, and in the 99.9%+ of human beings who do not have any chromosomal disorders or disorders of sexual development, someone with a XX genotype will develop a vagina, uterus, and ovaries and someone with an XY genotype will develop a penis and testicles. Those who are in the tiny minority who do have chromosomal disorders or disorders of sexual development are not any sort of third sex or proof that sex doesn't exist; they are people who have disorders.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 pm

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:01 pm

As for the legal part, the legal system will figure out how to deal with a changing world. As for the rest, humans will never be as simple and straight forward as anyone would like. Smart people adapt to a changing world.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:22 pm

Dumb NTP66 is getting dragged for this lolol

Geez nearly 50 Democrats were able to get there and cast 'no' votes. What gives, lady.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:33 pm

This is what work from home culture creates

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:41 pm

As for the legal part, the legal system will figure out how to deal with a changing world. As for the rest, humans will never be as simple and straight forward as anyone would like. Smart people adapt to a changing world.

The only thing that has changed is blatant lying about biology. Biology has not changed.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm

Okay.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:55 pm

Lots of SDE in here lately.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:58 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:59 pm

Why is Corvette quoted? It's well documented that he's a fan.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:47 am

Until there is a push to change the biology texts books to claim “sex isn’t real”, you’re just an old man yelling at clouds. No one who is honest claims that sex isn’t a thing. You continue to push this weird narrative that trans people and trans allies either are too dumb to understand biological sex exist, or recognize that it exists and choose to ignore it.

Gender is more than what’s in your pants. You are well aware of this. I don’t believe you to be too dumb to understand it, so I have to assume you recognize it and choose to ignore it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:12 am

Word.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:48 am

Sort of off topic, but still on with the trans stuff. Does it seem like the angst is one way, for a male transitioning to a female?

That is all I hear when people argue about it (outside of some exceptions). They argue for the reasons SHyster laid out (legal, sports) as well as bathrooms. But I never really hear anyone outside of the hardcore religious people about female to male.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:51 am

Also, the Russians are claiming they foiled a large scale counter offensive by Ukraine last night. I'm really hoping there is a breakthrough for Ukraine soon.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:54 am

Yup... It's definitely only one transition that seems to be a huge issue. I'd be curious as to the breakdown of the trans community in terms of how many are M->F vs F->M.

Off the top of my head, I know 3 trans individuals. 2 F->M and 1 F->Non-binary. One is my kid's daycare teacher, and then the other two own small local businesses. The daycare teacher I witnessed go through his transition (which btw... none of the kids are confused at all about the situation. They all call him Mr. *first name* with zero reservation), the F->M business owner I could have maybe guessed it, but wouldn't want to make assumptions, and then the F-> Non-binary person, again I witnessed the transition.

As for trans individuals out in the wild, I'm sure I've met them and had zero idea, or if I did, I didn't care enough to really take note. Which is good. That's the way it should be.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:14 am

This is what work from home culture creates
Woke from home

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:42 am

Sort of off topic, but still on with the trans stuff. Does it seem like the angst is one way, for a male transitioning to a female?

That is all I hear when people argue about it (outside of some exceptions). They argue for the reasons SHyster laid out (legal, sports) as well as bathrooms. But I never really hear anyone outside of the hardcore religious people about female to male.
I've noticed this as well. They do get upset with trans men who want to have babies.

Nuge

Postby Nuge » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am

What about when a trans man wants an abortion?

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:41 am

I mean, I will fully admit, and I've spoke about it here, I have my reservations about the sports aspect, for male to female. And I can see the legal ramifications that Shyster laid out. But as for every day life, I could care less.

Like c2i said, I personally don't know anyone who transitioned, but I encounter a lot of people, and if I did meet someone that transitioned, I didn't even notice, nor would I care.

But I literally hear nothing about female to male.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:42 am

What about when a trans man wants an abortion?
As a cis man there have been a lot of abortions I would've liked, tbh.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:52 am

Shyster relying on decade/s old scientific knowledge while ignoring the changing world. It’s like when the church claimed science was the devil or someone says “we’ve always done it this way.”