Politics And Current Events

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Re Asians and animal cruelty......

If you ever have the misfortune of doing a Google Image search on 'Yulin Dog Festival', it will change your life forever. And not in a good way.

I still maintain that if were a billionaire, I'd spend my time and money becoming Batman to get animal abutters.
Read a Sun article a couple weeks ago about an undercover investigation into the cat and dog meat black market in Vietnam and Korea. Heartbreaking and infuriating.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:06 pm

The selective reverence for life that you carnivores profess never ceases to amaze me.

Especially you round-eyes.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 pm

The selective reverence for life that you carnivores profess never ceases to amaze me.

Especially you round-eyes.
I think it’s more how they treat them. At least it is for me.

Also the correct term is omnivores... :slug:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 pm

Dogs and cats are off the menu. Those are literally my only two exclusions. If you want to label that 'selective' in a clearly pejorative tone, fine and dandy.

What never ceases to amaze me is the sanctimony vegetarians - or worse vegans - lay on the world when, in all honesty, if they are not growing their own food themselves their choices are likely no more 'humane' than us normal people.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Labelling someone as sanctimonious -- the last refuge of the hypocrite.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Save it. You've outed yourself already.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm

I've never been "in," so how could I have outed myself? But nevermind.

Here's the weird thing: I have no problem with people eating dogs and cats, if they're gonna eat meat. It seems to me that there is no worse injustice that thousands of dogs and cats get killed in this country every day and their anonymous bodies go up in smoke in incinerators.

For what purpose? 'Cause Western people get all icky about arbitrarily choosing not to eat those two animals?

Wasteful silliness. Pompous privileged decadence.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Veganism is elite level #whatwhitepeoplelike and #FirstWorldProblems

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Veganism is elite level #whatwhitepeoplelike and #FirstWorldProblems
Wasteful silliness. Pompous privileged decadence.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:05 pm

The selective reverence for life that you profess never ceases to amaze me.
Edited for effect.

:lol:

Moron

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:10 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:15 pm

This is what drove me so batty over the CA foie gras ban a few years ago.

Are there producers who mistreat the animals? Yes, certainly. In places like France and Quebec, and parts of Spain (mainly Basque Country), where that's factory farm food available on pretty much every home dinner table, there is an incentive to mass produce the stuff, and the treatment of the animals suffers quite badly for it. That is - or rather, was - manifestly not the case with the artisinal producers in CA. Some of them did not even use a form of gavage method of feeding. But dopey animal people hear 'force feed' and promptly have a freak out, and before you know it a law exists to thwart a problem that largely does not and did not ever exist. Ducks raised for foie gras production in this country are probably only second to wagyu cows in terms of the animal husbandry involved in raising them. They have the best living conditions of pretty much any animal in the food production chain.

That's like the food and wine charity event we went to several weeks ago that got crashed by a PETA nut during a whole hog butchery demonstration. "IS NO ONE EVEN WILLING TO HAVE THE CONVERSATION?!?!" No, lady - read the room. This is an animal butchery demo that we all paid a not insubstantial amount of money to attend. But I got to eat a steak next to Andrew Zimmern and Ayesha Curry, so that was fun.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm

The selective reverence for life that you profess never ceases to amaze me.
Edited for effect.

Moron
Not sure I get the joke.

The "moron" bit I get. And well-played. That really stings, coming from you.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Probably fetus related.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Are there producers who mistreat the animals? Yes, certainly. In places like France and Quebec, and parts of Spain (mainly Basque Country), where that's factory farm food available on pretty much every home dinner table, there is an incentive to mass produce the stuff, and the treatment of the animals suffers quite badly for it. That is - or rather, was - manifestly not the case with the artisinal producers in CA. Some of them did not even use a form of gavage method of feeding. But dopey animal people hear 'force feed' and promptly have a freak out, and before you know it a law exists to thwart a problem that largely does not and did not ever exist. Ducks raised for foie gras production in this country are probably only second to wagyu cows in terms of the animal husbandry involved in raising them. They have the best living conditions of pretty much any animal in the food production chain.

That's like the food and wine charity event we went to several weeks ago that got crashed by a PETA nut during a whole hog butchery demonstration. "IS NO ONE EVEN WILLING TO HAVE THE CONVERSATION?!?!" No, lady - read the room. This is an animal butchery demo that we all paid a not insubstantial amount of money to attend. But I got to eat a steak next to Andrew Zimmern and Ayesha Curry, so that was fun.
I get it. You want to kill and eat animals. That's fine by me.

Just don't give me this teary-eyed hypocritical bullsht about caring about animals which you happen not to want to eat.

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Probably fetus related.
Ahh. You're probably right. The curious thing is that I don't think I've ever stated an opinion on abortion.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:45 pm

I get it. You want to kill and eat animals. That's fine by me.

Just don't give me this teary-eyed hypocritical bullsht about caring about animals which you happen not to want to eat.

I hope you don’t eat or use any products that have animal in them or have been tested on animals.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Probably fetus related.
Fetus is just latin for infant and/or offspring.

Themoreyouknow.mov

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 pm

I know what it means, thanks.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:27 pm

K

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:03 pm

redwill

Postby redwill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm

I don't think I would file this event under "animal cruelty." It strikes me more as being yet another entry in the (already quite extensive) "Chinese tourists acting badly" file. Other animal-related Chinese-tourist jackassery:

Peacocks are 'shocked to death' at Chinese zoo after tourists pick them up and pluck their feathers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoples ... thers.html

Chinese tourists draw online flap after wild gull selfies given the bird
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/ ... ulls-given

Chinese man knocked to ground by giant panda after climbing inside zoo enclosure ‘to impress women’
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/ ... inside-zoo

Elderly Chinese woman snatches hair off zoo camel as 'souvenir'
http://www.asiaone.com/china/elderly-ch ... l-souvenir

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 am

My camel hair collection is doing fine, thanks.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm