Politics And Current Events

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:12 pm

I mean, it very much is a vote of no confidence of the current field. For good reason. Early in Obama's second term, I remember convos at The Old Place about how the legacy of the Obama-Pelosi-Reid era of Democratic leadership will not be the ACA, it will be their complete inability to cultivate a bench of talent. Part of that was clearly an all-hands-on-deck effort to steer the party towards HRC for '16. But part of it also appears to be just [insert arbitrary reasons].

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:07 am

We all know that San Francisco, politically, is in a whole different league of its own. But I was reading about this new prosecutor they elected...good lord. He was raised by Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn (his birth parents murdered three in a leftist armed robbery attack, and he has fond memories of visiting them in prison), has vowed not to prosecute vagrancy crimes like public urination and blocking the sidewalk, and traveled to Venezuela to serve the Chavez regime before going to law school.

I know the criminal justice system is bad and cops need to be held accountable, but this dude is essentially a naked Communist. In other words, perfect for that city.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:02 am

We all know that San Francisco, politically, is in a whole different league of its own. But I was reading about this new prosecutor they elected...good lord. He was raised by Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn (his birth parents murdered three in a leftist armed robbery attack, and he has fond memories of visiting them in prison), has vowed not to prosecute vagrancy crimes like public urination and blocking the sidewalk, and traveled to Venezuela to serve the Chavez regime before going to law school.

I know the criminal justice system is bad and cops need to be held accountable, but this dude is essentially a naked Communist. In other words, perfect for that city.
So we're blaming people for the sins of their parents? And the greatest hits of anti CA... Is this straight from a Breitbart article?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 am

So we're blaming people for the sins of their parents? And the greatest hits of anti CA... Is this straight from a Breitbart article?
Well, he has used his parents as an argument for himself.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 am

Not prosecuting vagrancy crimes is good tho.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 am

Larry Krasner in Philly is no prize either.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:06 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:56 am

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ked-emails
Katie McHugh, who was an editor for Breitbart from April 2014 to June 2017, leaked the emails to Hatewatch in June to review, analyze and disseminate to the public. McHugh was 23 when she started at Breitbart and also became active in the anti-immigrant movement, frequently rubbing shoulders with white nationalists. McHugh was fired from Breitbart in 2017 after posting anti-Muslim tweets. She has since renounced the far right.

McHugh told Hatewatch that Breitbart editors introduced her to Miller in 2015 with an understanding he would influence the direction of her reporting. For that reason, and because Miller would have regarded her as a fellow traveler of the anti-immigrant movement, McHugh sometimes starts conversations with Miller in the emails, seeking his opinion on news stories. Other times, Miller directly suggests story ideas to McHugh, or tells her how to shape Breitbart’s coverage. Periodically, Miller asks McHugh if he can speak to her by phone, taking conversations offline.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 am

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/icig-c ... blower.amp

Whistleblower taking on a whistleblower of soliciting gifts while using their official government position.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:51 am

Whistleblower taking on a whistleblower of soliciting gifts while using their official government position.
The WB is not needed anymore so have fun going after him.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:52 am

'It's whistleblower-on-whistleblower.'

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am

The WB is not needed anymore so have fun going after him.
That isn’t the reason for me posting this article. Just more of providing interesting information.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 pm

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-anon ... e-official

Seems like this is what the complaint is referencing. Seems like a dumb complaint.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Seems like this is what the complaint is referencing. Seems like a dumb complaint.
There wouldn’t be a possible issue if they didn’t use that they are an intelligence official to try and get money. It is against the law to use your official position for marketing type purposes.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Who is they?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Larry Krasner in Philly is no prize either.
No, that's very true. He loves himself some Occupy Philly and BLM.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Who is they?
The whistleblower’s attorneys worked in collaboration apparently with this gofundme page.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:16 pm

There wouldn’t be a possible issue if they didn’t use that they are an intelligence official to try and get money. It is against the law to use your official position for marketing type purposes.
Trump must have not gotten that memo

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Bring it up in articles of impeachment then.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Bring it up in articles of impeachment then.
I will when I’m on the house impeachment committee

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm

We’re working with the whistleblower and launched a crowdfunding effort to support the whistleblower’s lawyers.

On October 6, 2019, it was announced that these lawyers represent a second anonymous intelligence community whistleblower who has made a protected disclosure involving first-hand knowledge of events described by the initial whistleblower.
Looks like a group was established to raise money to pay the legal fees. I can't imagine having an issue with this.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:23 pm

We’re working with the whistleblower and launched a crowdfunding effort to support the whistleblower’s lawyers.

On October 6, 2019, it was announced that these lawyers represent a second anonymous intelligence community whistleblower who has made a protected disclosure involving first-hand knowledge of events described by the initial whistleblower.
Looks like a group was established to raise money to pay the legal fees. I can't imagine having an issue with this.
The issue isn’t raising money. It’s using their government positions to raise that money that’s the issue.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:27 pm

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 pm

WB's attorney sets up GoFund Me so that they can get paid for their legal service, with or without the WB's consent. That he's an intelligence officer is immaterial to the request, nobody is donating based on that. It also seems ridiculous that you should need a quarter million dollars to come forward and report wrongdoing. You wouldn't need the $$ if it weren't for Republicans trying to get the WB outed and by extension putting his life in danger.

So to parrot Troy, "seems like a dumb complaint."

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Who do you believe more, Gates or Trump. They're all turd sandwiches, which is why Ukraine is a bigger deal because there's receipts.