Politics And Current Events

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Backlash against Peduto and his impossible laws starting to mount as legal fees pile up: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02 ... suits/amp/

What a muppet.
A grandstanding muppet at that. It’s like he watched animal house, saw the scene about stupid and futile gestures, and decided that is what Pittsburgh city council needed

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:14 pm

I doubt this.
Elizabeth Warren
‏Verified account
@ewarren

Back when I was a kid, a minimum-wage job could support a family of three. Today, a full-time minimum-wage job in America won’t keep a mama and a baby out of poverty. Our movement is about making real, fundamental change to fix this.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:24 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie-smo ... 019-02-16/
The two Nigerian brothers arrested in connection with the assault on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are no longer suspects in the attack. They're now cooperating with police.

A source close to the investigation confirms to CBS News the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack on January 29 and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett's neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men's attorney alluded to Friday night.
What an idiot.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:15 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william-hu ... rder-wall/
Texas Rep. Will Hurd, the sole Republican representing a congressional district along the southern border, said more than 1,000 farmers in his state are at risk of having their land seized by the federal government to facilitate the construction of President Trump's long-promised wall.

"In the great state of Texas, we care about a little thing called private property, and there's going to be over 1,000 ranchers and farmers potentially impacted if the government comes in and takes their land," Hurd said on "Face the Nation" Sunday.

To build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, the Trump administration will likely attempt to seize private property along the frontier using the power of eminent domain, which allows the government to trigger a process to buy and ultimately acquire private land for public use.

"What we're doing with eminent domain is, in many cases, we'll make a deal up front. We've already done that. The secretary has done a lot of that," the president told reporters in January, offering no specifics to support the claim. "And if we can't make a deal, we take the land and we pay them through a court process. Which goes actually fairly quickly. And we're generous. But we take the land. Otherwise you could never build anything. If you didn't use eminent domain, you wouldn't have one highway in this country. You have to use eminent domain."

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm

I doubt this.
Elizabeth Warren
‏Verified account
@ewarren

Back when I was a kid, a minimum-wage job could support a family of three. Today, a full-time minimum-wage job in America won’t keep a mama and a baby out of poverty. Our movement is about making real, fundamental change to fix this.
The highest adjusted (for inflation to 2018 dollars) minimum wage was in 1968 (she would have been 18 - still 'a kid' to a 70 year old), when it was just under $12/hr. That $12/hr full time today would put a family of three a couple thousand above the poverty level.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:18 pm

I doubt this.
Elizabeth Warren
‏Verified account
@ewarren

The highest adjusted (for inflation to 2018 dollars) minimum wage was in 1968 (she would have been 18 - still 'a kid' to a 70 year old), when it was just under $12/hr. That $12/hr full time today would put a family of three a couple thousand above the poverty level.

If they pegged the minimum wage to inflation when it was first instituted by FDR, it would only be 3.60 to 4.20.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm

OK. And how exactly is that relevant to the discussion at hand?

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 am

Former FBI chief Andrew McCabe says Trump rejected advice from his US intel agencies on the threat posed by North Korea’s missiles, saying “I don’t care. I believe Putin.” https://t.co/xBdzoMhJGl https://t.co/EGq68M1ocu

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 am

McCabe is a bad actor and not someone who screams credibility, much like Comey. A bunch of dunces the lot of them (and, yes that includes Trump for the whatabout team).

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:37 am

Yes, all the entire former fbi leaders are bad actors who lead the deep state conspiracy against trump. Good thing the conservative media smoked them all out

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:44 am

Comey and McCabe have both openly lied, but since they are "Anti-Trump" it makes it okay.

Lying is either bad, or it is not.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 am

What about white lies?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 am

Yes, all the entire former fbi leaders are bad actors who lead the deep state conspiracy against trump. Good thing the conservative media smoked them all out
That isn’t what Freddy is saying, but go ahead and believe he thinks that.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:46 am

Re: the Jussie Smollett story, I would love for the feds to come at him hard with felony charges for deliberately sending fraudulent mail through the USPS. I see Pelosi quietly deleted her previous tweet. Don't hold your breath waiting for the admissions of error on the part of the Left.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 am

Comey and McCabe have both openly lied, but since they are "Anti-Trump" it makes it okay.

They care so much about the corruption and finding the truth that they are taking time out of their days to go on a book tour to inform the American people. How greedy... I mean noble of them.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am

Former FBI chief Andrew McCabe says Trump rejected advice from his US intel agencies on the threat posed by North Korea’s missiles, saying “I don’t care. I believe Putin.” https://t.co/xBdzoMhJGl https://t.co/EGq68M1ocu
McCabe is a bad actor and not someone who screams credibility, much like Comey. A bunch of dunces the lot of them (and, yes that includes Trump for the whatabout team).
So you're answer to this comment is to claim you don't believe McCabe...because he's lied before. Despite this on election interference as well, and his obvious trust in Kim Jung Un.
“They said, ‘I think it is Russia.’ I have President Putin. He just said it is not Russia,” Trump said in Helsinki after a two-hour private meeting with the Russian leader. “I will say this: I do not see any reason why it would be.”

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am

They care so much about the corruption and finding the truth that they are taking time out of their days to go on a book tour to inform the American people. How greedy... I mean noble of them.
I mean, what do you expect them to do after being fired? They've got nothing but time.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:14 am

I mean, what do you expect them to do after being fired? They've got nothing but time.
Nothing like exploiting dumbasses for fame and fortune during your free time. All the honorable people do it.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

So you're answer to this comment is to claim you don't believe McCabe...because he's lied before. Despite this on election interference as well, and his obvious trust in Kim Jung Un.
“They said, ‘I think it is Russia.’ I have President Putin. He just said it is not Russia,” Trump said in Helsinki after a two-hour private meeting with the Russian leader. “I will say this: I do not see any reason why it would be.”
Yes Trump is an idiot that often believes dictators over intelligence officials. What is also true is that McCabe is a sleaze of a human.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 am

Why

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:22 am

Nothing like exploiting dumbasses for fame and fortune during your free time. All the honorable people do it.
As opposed to what? Taking up lobbying? McCabe was fired like two days before his pension, I'd be on a salt the land vendetta too.

Comey is the continued target of Trump, every week Trump mentions his name. It is what it is.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:36 am

You might be a partisan hack if your takeaway from this whole **** show is to think Comey and McCabe aren’t credible.

I think this illustrates why I dislike your persona in this thread so much. You call people hacks all the time and pretend to be above partisanship, but you are also just a hack.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am

As opposed to what? Taking up lobbying? McCabe was fired like two days before his pension, I'd be on a salt the land vendetta too.

Comey is the continued target of Trump, every week Trump mentions his name. It is what it is.
McCabe was also fired in that way so they can say all his future actions are sour grapes.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:49 am

You might be a partisan hack if your takeaway from this whole **** show is to think Comey and McCabe aren’t credible.

I think this illustrates why I dislike your persona in this thread so much. You call people hacks all the time and pretend to be above partisanship, but you are also just a hack.
They are definitely credible in some fashion. But that doesn’t discount they are sleaze taking advantage of dumbasses that want to hear anti-trump rhetoric, by pushing partisan messages and saying they are the moral authority. I’m tired of you guys having your heads so far up your asses when it comes to any type of critical thinking.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:53 am

He will still get his pension. I think he will be ok.