Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 am

He's gonna get a nice settlement.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 am

I think it's less that he doesn't know how time zones work, and more that he doesn't understand why that means he can't call the leader of Japan.
Do you really think that though? I mean, seriously. The guy is not wise, but this is toddler-level basic knowledge.

How many thousands of conference calls you bet he's been on with project managers in the flipped time zones?
I think he understands time zones

I find it believable though that he calls Abe in the middle of the night because:

A) he’s impulsive and is the poster child for adult ADHD and
B) he gives two shits about other people’s feeling or well being and has zero qualms waking someone up in the middle of the night

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 am

I doubt that. Trump aside he was found to be breaking multiple FBI rules in regards to not only his relationship with Lisa Page, but other things as well.

If an agent unrelated to this investigation was found to have done the stuff Strozk did he gets fired and none of us hear about it.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am

...in regards to not only his relationship with the lovely Lisa Page, but other things as well...
FTFY

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:18 pm

“To the best of my knowledge”

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Trump's Omarosa tweet is incredible. He said:

She's wacky
Other WH employees hated her
She was vicious
She's not smart
She was nasty to people
She was late to work and missed meetings constantly

But he wanted a man who said she was a loser and nothing but problems to keep her employed because she said great things about Trump. :lol:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 pm

The FBI has fired Peter Strzok, the counterintelligence agent who came under fire for sending disparaging text messages about President Trump and other political figures during the 2016 election.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ssion=true
That's good. I suppose now they can turn their attention to the Pro-Trump NY FBI office that was leaking stuff to Rudy Giuliani.

I'm sure we'll see the release of those guys' private text messages.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

The FBI has fired Peter Strzok, the counterintelligence agent who came under fire for sending disparaging text messages about President Trump and other political figures during the 2016 election.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ssion=true
That's good. I suppose now they can turn their attention to the Pro-Trump NY FBI office that was leaking stuff to Rudy Giuliani.

I'm sure we'll see the release of those guys' private text messages.

If they were stupid enough to do it on their government phone.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Michael Avenatti says he's considering a presidential run.

:face:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I believe Strzok's was a personal phone. So not sure that matters when hunting for partisan bias at the FBI

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I believe Strzok's was a personal phone. So not sure that matters when hunting for partisan bias at the FBI
These texts were saved on the fbi’s server. So at least one was using a government phone.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Party’s over.

Agent Peter Strzok was just fired from the FBI - finally. The list of bad players in the FBI & DOJ gets longer & longer. Based on the fact that Strzok was in charge of the Witch Hunt, will it be dropped? It is a total Hoax. No Collusion, No Obstruction - I just fight back!

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Who has more “bad players,” FBI or Trump organization?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Party’s over.

Agent Peter Strzok was just fired from the FBI - finally. The list of bad players in the FBI & DOJ gets longer & longer. Based on the fact that Strzok was in charge of the Witch Hunt, will it be dropped? It is a total Hoax. No Collusion, No Obstruction - I just fight back!
No Obstruction! I Obstruct!

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 pm

From Trump->Sessions->Wray->deputy director is probably how the firing order rolled downhill.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Parking lot shooter charged in Florida 'stand your ground' case
Prosecutors charged Michael Drejka, the man accused of killing Markeis McGlockton in a shooting that has reignited a debate around Florida’s stand your ground law, with manslaughter Monday.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, Drejka was taken into custody Monday morning. He will be booked into the Pinellas County Jail this afternoon.

Drejka, 47, has avoided arrest since he shot 28-year-old McGlockton on July 19 because of the controversial self-defense law that eliminated one’s duty to retreat before resorting to force.

Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced July 20 that his agency was precluded from arresting Drejka because evidence showed it was "within the bookends of stand your ground and within the bookends of force being justified," which provides immunity from arrest, the sheriff said. He forwarded the case Aug. 1 to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney’s Office to make a final charging determination.

State Attorney Bernie McCabe’s decision to charge Drejka signals that prosecutors believe they can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that a stand your ground defense is not applicable in Drejka’s case.

State legislators revised the law last year to put the onus on prosecutors to disprove a stand your ground claim instead of on defense attorneys to prove one.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Yup, Trump ordered it.
Just fired Agent Strzok, formerly of the FBI, was in charge of the Crooked Hillary Clinton sham investigation. It was a total fraud on the American public and should be properly redone!

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Party’s over.

I thought conflicted Bob Mueller was in charge of the witch hunt?

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:43 pm

I doubt that. Trump aside he was found to be breaking multiple FBI rules in regards to not only his relationship with Lisa Page, but other things as well.

If an agent unrelated to this investigation was found to have done the stuff Strozk did he gets fired and none of us hear about it.
Maybe
Aitan Goelman, Strzok’s lawyer, said FBI Deputy Director David L. Bowdich ordered the firing on Friday — even though the director of the FBI office that normally handles employee discipline had decided Strzok should face only a demotion and 60-day suspension. Goelman said the move undercuts the FBI’s repeated assurances that Strzok would be afforded the normal disciplinary process.

“This isn’t the normal process in any way more than name,” Goelman said, adding in a statement, “This decision should be deeply troubling to all Americans.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Maybe
Aitan Goelman, Strzok’s lawyer, said FBI Deputy Director David L. Bowdich ordered the firing on Friday — even though the director of the FBI office that normally handles employee discipline had decided Strzok should face only a demotion and 60-day suspension. Goelman said the move undercuts the FBI’s repeated assurances that Strzok would be afforded the normal disciplinary process.

“This isn’t the normal process in any way more than name,” Goelman said, adding in a statement, “This decision should be deeply troubling to all Americans.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... story.html

You mean the guy defending him is saying it was wrongful termination!!!! Shocked I say, shocked!!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Yup, Trump ordered it.
Just fired Agent Strzok, formerly of the FBI, was in charge of the Crooked Hillary Clinton sham investigation. It was a total fraud on the American public and should be properly redone!
While I don't doubt he ordered it, I think this is more a case of not using a hyphen, as in 'just-fired Agent Strzok'.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Trump's Omarosa tweet is incredible. He said:

She's wacky
Other WH employees hated her
She was vicious
She's not smart
She was nasty to people
She was late to work and missed meetings constantly

But he wanted a man who said she was a loser and nothing but problems to keep her employed because she said great things about Trump. :lol:
lol, that is some set of tweets. Legit lol'ed when he was tweeting about how bad she was on The Apprentice.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

:lol:

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm