Politics And Current Events

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:00 am

I had to pick up meds today and they had a sign at the counter noting that they are limiting the amount of hydroxychloroquine that you can buy. Who is writing prescriptions of this for non-infected people?
apparently it's used by Lupus and arthritis patients. add to that some doctors (including dentists) who've been writing scripts to hoard for themselves and their families. this is what happens when people are desperate.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/health/h ... index.html

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 am

I had to pick up meds today and they had a sign at the counter noting that they are limiting the amount of hydroxychloroquine that you can buy. Who is writing prescriptions of this for non-infected people?
apparently it's used by Lupus and arthritis patients. add to that some doctors (including dentists) who've been writing scripts to hoard for themselves and their families. this is what happens when people are desperate.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/health/h ... index.html
Yea most patients in the US that are on it use for autoimmune diseases like the aforementioned

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 am

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... us-death-/

These people will do anything to bring Trump down. I wouldn't even put it past these NY liberals to purposely die from covid to hurt Trump.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:42 am

Definitely the right time to be ranting about the post office.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/trump- ... -stimulus/

Does he understand that part of making the post office more "efficient" would be to slash service to rural america?
They're going to privatize the Postal Service and Bezos is gonna buy it.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:43 am

These people will do anything to bring Trump down. I wouldn't even put it past these NY liberals to purposely die from covid to hurt Trump.
Even worse Troy, they hate him so much they want to die themselves so they can blame him.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/07/stock-m ... -news.html

100% chance we prematurely loosen prevention measures.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am

Even worse Troy, they hate him so much they want to die themselves so they can blame him.
We are days away from a Charlie Kirk tweet implying that democrats are purposely contracting the virus to try and win the election.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:51 am

Who knew about this in November?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 am

November?!?! Holy hell... maybe that terrible cough I had in February was the coronas.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:53 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:54 am

Troy has destroyed my faith in internet personalities and tv hosts.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 am

Were they "wrong" because their predictions were based on us just going about our lives as we normally would, and most governors just shut everything down to help keep fatalities low?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 am

FOX News is all for us going back to "normal."

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 am

Evidently something called the National Center for Medical Intelligence knew about a contagion raging through China back in November.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:00 am

Good read on the actual, logistical problems with Mail-In Voting.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:00 am

Were they "wrong" because their predictions were based on us just going about our lives as we normally would, and most governors just shut everything down to help keep fatalities low?
Laura is a dumbass. She has been through this whole thing.

1) I thought there was an understanding that a lot of the numbers the experts were throwing out was worst case scenarios if we didn't take any precaution. Now, people would take those numbers as "fact" and run with them and even blow them up further, but I think most intelligent people knew those were "worst case".

2) That said, eventually, sooner rather than later, ones things are settled, we do have to start opening up the economy and jobs more. It doesn't have to be a switch that we turn on and everything is back to where it was in February. But we have to start slowly opening it back up.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 am

Instead of mail-in voting you need to spread the election out over multiple days, and splits precincts over those days. You need to be able to provide a isolated area for workers to check ID's, names, etc.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am

I think it's nice that we're to the point where each team has switched sides to try to frame the other's as intellectually dishonest as possible on a consistent basis...

It's like super territorial, insecure women taking passive aggressiveness shots at each other at a party...

"Oh my God, I wish I could just like wear like whatever and go out..."
- "Ugh, I bet you were so pretty in high school!"

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:11 am

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

This flu season had 3 peaks. I’m wondering if the first peak was the first wave of covid, then flu, then second wave of covid.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:12 am

I think it's nice that we're to the point where each team has switched sides to try to frame the other's as intellectually dishonest as possible on a consistent basis...

It's like super territorial, insecure women taking passive aggressiveness shots at each other at a party...

"Oh my God, I wish I could just like wear like whatever and go out..."
- "Ugh, I bet you were so pretty in high school!"
Pretty sure that's been the point for generations.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:20 am

Yeah, but now there's an exclusive rights' deal it seems...like, no one bothers even presenting their own team's case any longer because that leaves you exposed to get holes poked in your garbage team's garbage points. It's better to sit back and let them make the mistake (of saying anything, mindless tweet, critical thought, or otherwise)...basically politics has opted to go second in chess, defer on both kickoffs, play the neutral zone trap...

MWB

Postby MWB » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 am

Instead of mail-in voting you need to spread the election out over multiple days, and splits precincts over those days. You need to be able to provide a isolated area for workers to check ID's, names, etc.
That would make sense. Could also have certain people vote certain days... ie, last name A-D votes on November x.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 am

Yeah, but now there's an exclusive rights' deal it seems...like, no one bothers even presenting their own team's case any longer because that leaves you exposed to get holes poked in your garbage team's garbage points. It's better to sit back and let them make the mistake (of saying anything, mindless tweet, critical thought, or otherwise)...basically politics has opted to go second in chess, defer on both kickoffs, play the neutral zone trap...
Agreed. I think that's where we get into those "why do we care what some rando on twitter or some fox news host is saying.

If you are using my posts as an example of this, I am trying to convey that I believe there is a push to prematurely end social distancing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 am

That would make sense. Could also have certain people vote certain days... ie, last name A-D votes on November x.
Is that essentially extending early voting?

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am

Agreed. I think that's where we get into those "why do we care what some rando on twitter or some fox news host is saying.

If you are using my posts as an example of this, I am trying to convey that I believe there is a push to prematurely end social distancing.
There's no one singularly responsible...everyone has blood on their hands for being a DickFace Von Cockenstein in this thread, myself included, obviously...it's a dumb thread with no hope...by design. It's fulfilling its purpose.

Yes, we are going to make that mistake. But also, there's virtually no time (pre-"vaccine", though, more likely just a largely-successful treatment...as viruses aren't really a vaccine solution usually) where we won't unleash a second wave of problems...

It's been said, but if we (read: "leadership", where applicable) read the downward trend of positive cases/deaths as "the fog/mist has been lifted, we're free to go" ...we're going to get steamrolled again. That's not how this kind of thing works. If we're determined to get things rolling again - which I don't think is universally bad - it should be a softer roll-out...this way we can ration the medical resources we have as new cases crop up...and then early on in that cycle, we should develop a somewhat-effective treatment and then the soft opening grows slowly over time and eats up the idleness in the pie chart and over the span of several months things work themselves back towards normal or a new normal...