Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 1:19 am

I hope they realize that secret service will kill them if they break through.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat May 30, 2020 1:25 am

So what exactly is the argument here? You can’t support people protesting the death of an unarmed black man and also find the looting and rioting disgraceful?

I just want to know how it came to be that Tif was told he supports the destruction of businesses for saying cops shouldn’t murder people?

I legit feel like I missed something.
You did, he said "plant. Grow." When asked if he thought innocent people's businesses should be burned.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 am

What is the end game here? What is the expected/ intended outcome? When do the rioters decide enough is enough?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat May 30, 2020 1:28 am

So what exactly is the argument here? You can’t support people protesting the death of an unarmed black man and also find the looting and rioting disgraceful?

I just want to know how it came to be that Tif was told he supports the destruction of businesses for saying cops shouldn’t murder people?

I legit feel like I missed something.
You did, he said "plant. Grow." When asked if he thought innocent people's businesses should be burned.
Ah got it. Yea I missed it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat May 30, 2020 1:30 am

What is the end game here? What is the expected/ intended outcome? When do the rioters decide enough is enough?
It’s been enough. It’s no longer about someone’s death and the perception is now fully on the looting/rioting.

This was talked about today but it took roughly one day of utter destruction for people to seemingly forget about the reason why people are in the streets.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:10 am

To be clear, I mean it's a cyclical thing. It's not a nod*wink*nudge*nudge thing. The underlying problem here is systemic racism, not the reaction to it. It's not so much that I'm okay with the rioting and looting, as it is I'm honestly wondering what people think is a more effective alternative.

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 3:59 am

To be clear, I mean it's a cyclical thing. It's not a nod*wink*nudge*nudge thing. The underlying problem here is systemic racism, not the reaction to it. It's not so much that I'm okay with the rioting and looting, as it is I'm honestly wondering what people think is a more effective alternative.
Rioting and looting is counter productive. I'm honestly baffled at some on here after today.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:48 am

Just catching up on the destruction from last night...good lord.

To me, all of the looting and destruction of property (which, let's face it, has become stereotypical behavior at this point) will very effectively increase racist attitudes towards blacks in America.I've seen typical white SJWs on Reddit too twist themselves into knots explaining how ALL of this is actually a good thing. It isn't.

I don't know why it is so hard to understand that there doesn't need to be some political science explanation for why these rioters are doing this. They are opportunistic criminals that are taking advantage of a volatile situation. I doubt most of them are well-read and rational people.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 8:04 am

Hey, at least the President did something helpful and retweeted someone mocking the CNN building getting attacked

eddy

Postby eddy » Sat May 30, 2020 8:05 am

I'm with tif. I got what he's saying. Plant/grow. That's what our country does, doesn't mean he's out there promoting the rioting. Some of you guys love looking for a fight. So dumb.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 am

Eddy now supports the destruction of innocent people’s livelihoods and blocking ambulances in the street causing people to die.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sat May 30, 2020 8:53 am

Dammit

NAN

Postby NAN » Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 am

Well, isn't this destructive behavior plant grow as well?

It's a never ending cycle.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 am

The passive aggressive is strong this morning.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 9:19 am

I'm with tif. I got what he's saying. Plant/grow. That's what our country does, doesn't mean he's out there promoting the rioting. Some of you guys love looking for a fight. So dumb.
:thumb:

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 9:27 am

The best way to calm riots is to taunt the protestors, courtesy of our POTUS

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 9:38 am

He isn't condemning it either. So he is definitely approving of it.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat May 30, 2020 9:40 am

Ahh yes, the all or nothing view of life. No gray ever allowed, especially on hockey message boards

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat May 30, 2020 9:52 am

The passive aggressive is strong this morning.
Freddy now supports it too.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat May 30, 2020 9:54 am

I get the feeling there’s a few people in here who by default now condemn the actual protest, which then by default accept and are fine with police being executioners.

(If we’re living in that all or nothing world).

I can’t begin to imagine what it’s like to be black on a daily basis, And have to deal with what they deal with when it comes to police. I don’t condone anything they’ve done when it comes to the destruction of property and committing more crimes.

I do have to wonder what you’re expecting from a group of people that have been either oppressed or dealt with by systematic racism for seemingly their entire lives?

I’m on the side thinking that what they’re doing now is incredibly wrong and counterproductive, but I’m also not going to pretend these people are ever going to be given a true seat at the table, given the history of our country and the repeated issues that happen.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat May 30, 2020 9:56 am

This should go well

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 am

Ahh yes, the all or nothing view of life. No gray ever allowed, especially on hockey message boards
Let tif respond if my accusation is incorrect.

@tifosi77

Do you condemn these rioters?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am

This should go well

I'm pretty sure this guy wants something bad to happen, it'd play to his base perfectly.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:00 am

I get the feeling there’s a few people in here who by default now condemn the actual protest, which then by default accept and are fine with police being executioners.

(If we’re living in that all or nothing world).

I can’t begin to imagine what it’s like to be black on a daily basis, And have to deal with what they deal with when it comes to police. I don’t condone anything they’ve done when it comes to the destruction of property and committing more crimes.

I do have to wonder what you’re expecting from a group of people that have been either oppressed or dealt with by systematic racism for seemingly their entire lives?

I’m on the side thinking that what they’re doing now is incredibly wrong and counterproductive, but I’m also not going to pretend these people are ever going to be given a true seat at the table, given the history of our country and the repeated issues that happen.
I condemn the rioters. I applaud the peaceful protesters that don’t allow their anger cause more problems.

MLK helped change the course of history in our country by peaceful means.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:01 am

"They should protest peacefully"

*they protest peacefully*

"No, not like that"

*Rinse, repeat, until the riots start*

"Why can't they protest peacefully?"