Politics And Current Events

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Canada...Libertarians can't get anything right.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Canada...Libertarians can't get anything right.
They legalized weed doe...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Tracker who allegedly committed assault has been IDed as with Democratic group American Bridge 21st Century, founded by David Brock.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/s ... 5384885248

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:24 pm

People need to learn that violence is not the answer

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 am

It is tough for the left to learn violence isn't the answer when their leaders are literally encouraging it.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 am

One of the Saudis from the alleged death squad has died in a car crash.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... crash.html

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 am

"car crash"

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 am

It was definitely an accident. 100%.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:22 am

It was probably just a rogue uber driver.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:25 am

it was obviously because of a female driver, what are they thinking allowing them to drive over there...

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 am

Apparently an intel briefing for the senate foreign relations committee was cancelled yesterday, and the WH isn’t sharing any of the intel about Pompeo’s trip.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:41 am

It is tough for the left to learn violence isn't the answer when their leaders are literally encouraging it.
Who?
Because Maxine Watters didn't. She told people to do what people did the Ted Cruz.
That's not violent; it may be stupid, counterproductive, and have no place in civilized discourse but it's not violent. She came back the next day and emphasized that she was encouraging peaceful protest.
“I believe in peaceful, very peaceful protest,” she said. “I have not called for the harm of anybody.
The "problem" is that the modern Democratic party has it's roots in protest. Anti-war protest and the Civil Rights Movement. In both of those groups you had peaceful dissidence and violent protest occurring at the same time. Those groups saw four of their leaders assassinated (not by the right, per se but the deaths were untimely regardless).
The closest the Republican party came to protest is was the Tea Party. Little white supremacist, hood wearing ceremonies don't register in comparison.

And I also think the protest nature stems from where you take the ideologies to their absolute extremes.
The left is a social party, we achieve more together, the state is us, you have a responsibility to your fellow citizen to provide a benefit to society.
The right is isolationist, I have my rights and what I chose to do is none of your business so stay outta my face.

Out of those two personalities, who's more likely to gather a group of friends to carry picket signs.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:12 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dear-god- ... -just-go-3
Dear God, Hillary Clinton. Please, Just Go.
No one benefits from her latest venture back onto the political scene.

We’re three weeks out from the 2018 midterm election, and Hillary Clinton is popping up again like a Halloween ghoul who keeps rising from the grave to terrorize the American public
So very true.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 am

Who?
Because Maxine Watters didn't. She told people to do what people did the Ted Cruz.
That's not violent; it may be stupid, counterproductive, and have no place in civilized discourse but it's not violent. She came back the next day and emphasized that she was encouraging peaceful protest.
“I believe in peaceful, very peaceful protest,” she said. “I have not called for the harm of anybody.
The "problem" is that the modern Democratic party has it's roots in protest. Anti-war protest and the Civil Rights Movement. In both of those groups you had peaceful dissidence and violent protest occurring at the same time. Those groups saw four of their leaders assassinated (not by the right, per se but the deaths were untimely regardless).
The closest the Republican party came to protest is was the Tea Party. Little white supremacist, hood wearing ceremonies don't register in comparison.

And I also think the protest nature stems from where you take the ideologies to their absolute extremes.
The left is a social party, we achieve more together, the state is us, you have a responsibility to your fellow citizen to provide a benefit to society.
The right is isolationist, I have my rights and what I chose to do is none of your business so stay outta my face.

Out of those two personalities, who's more likely to gather a group of friends to carry picket signs.

https://www.amazon.com/Why-Liberalism-F ... 0300223447

I'm interested in reading this book, and I think your post would also show an interest in it as well.

I think the thesis is that the liberalism on the left (equal opportunity) vs liberalism on the right (individual freedom) are both destructive forces. And in that, the dynamic at play between the two ideologies create the eternal back and forth that we have.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 am

Who?

The right also believe that we as a society would be better off without as much government or state intervention.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 am

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... uns-to-his

So much civility.
“For all the prospective attendees to the Trump event. Come early. Also all you protesters, show up as well. This is a concealed and open carry state and we know how to use em,” Deschamps wrote earlier this week.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 am

I'm interested in reading this book, and I think your post would also show an interest in it as well.

I think the thesis is that the liberalism on the left (equal opportunity) vs liberalism on the right (individual freedom) are both destructive forces. And in that, the dynamic at play between the two ideologies create the eternal back and forth that we have.
I'm not sure my head will be able to wrap around that, but it does sound interesting.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:42 am

Who?

I just wrote a paper for a doctoral class on this book and you get the gist of the work. It is well worth reading.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:53 am

I just wrote a paper for a doctoral class on this book and you get the gist of the work. It is well worth reading.
I think in the past we have had some overlap in assessing the social problems in modern society, and I don't think we're at polar opposites as to potential remedies. Does this book allude to any solutions?

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:04 am

classic

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am

Tracker who allegedly committed assault has been IDed as with Democratic group American Bridge 21st Century, founded by David Brock.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketapper/s ... 5384885248
Only thing I can ever think about when I see all these people and their groups. Obviously NSFW language:

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am

I think in the past we have had some overlap in assessing the social problems in modern society, and I don't think we're at polar opposites as to potential remedies. Does this book allude to any solutions?
There are in the book.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:24 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics ... index.html

If he's willing to be this overtly corrupt over something seemingly minimal, I think we can only imagine the sort corruption that they are making at least the effort to conceal.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:41 pm

Fresh Air was interviewing Susanne Craig and David Barstow, the investigative reporters that dug into Trump's financial, his monetary relationship with his father, and the tax loopholes (possible fraud) that the family used... and holy hell. If anyone believes that he's "self made", they need to take a look at what these guys uncovered. Of course, if you actually believe he's self made, then you'll think it's all just fake news anyways, so what's the point...

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Guys stop making nobody defend trump!