Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 am

Difference being these are adults putting themselves in danger. Which they are free to do imo
Adults also like to play the victim after they get burned.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:57 am

Difference being these are adults putting themselves in danger. Which they are free to do imo
Adults also like to play the victim after they get burned.
They are free to play whichever card they'd like

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:09 am

A wise man once said, “**** you I won’t do what you tell me.”

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:11 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/gamesto ... ution.html
There are scores of similarities between former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” movement and the GameStop surge. There is a sense of fighting back against disrespect of the elites, belief that systemic rules have been written to benefit insiders at the expense of regular people, and new Internet technologies that widely distribute power that was once held exclusively by a small group.
oh lawd.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 am

A wise man once said, “**** you I won’t do what you tell me.”
:fist:

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:15 am

This movement is closer to occupywallstreet than it is MAGA.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:17 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/gamesto ... ution.html
There are scores of similarities between former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” movement and the GameStop surge. There is a sense of fighting back against disrespect of the elites, belief that systemic rules have been written to benefit insiders at the expense of regular people, and new Internet technologies that widely distribute power that was once held exclusively by a small group.
oh lawd.
I heard this morning that NBC compared wsb to the Capitol rioters.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:18 am

What world do these people live in?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:19 am

We also understand that a lot of people are holding their positions - even after a squeeze - correct? That's what helps these companies moving forward. Let's not pretend that GameStop, Tesla, etc. aren't going to be able to take advantage of their new positions.

I'm going to take my initial investment in GME and immediately buy shares to hold long term, because everything I've heard from Cohen sounds like his guys are going to move GameStop in a very good direction if they can execute it. I'm not going to bet against the guy that took Chewy to compete against Amazon, just like I wouldn't bet against Musk and Tesla.
Did you see the new Model S steering wheel?? Yowzers
Not gonna lie, that looks pretty damn cool. Especially with the dash behind it like that.
I think it’s gimmicky and another example how Musk has changed Tesla from an ecocentric company to one that now is more of an end of times company, see the cyber truck

Also imagine using that steering wheel. Forget about using one hand

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 am

We also understand that a lot of people are holding their positions - even after a squeeze - correct? That's what helps these companies moving forward. Let's not pretend that GameStop, Tesla, etc. aren't going to be able to take advantage of their new positions.

I'm going to take my initial investment in GME and immediately buy shares to hold long term, because everything I've heard from Cohen sounds like his guys are going to move GameStop in a very good direction if they can execute it. I'm not going to bet against the guy that took Chewy to compete against Amazon, just like I wouldn't bet against Musk and Tesla.
Not gonna lie, that looks pretty damn cool. Especially with the dash behind it like that.
I think it’s gimmicky and another example how Musk has changed Tesla from an ecocentric company to one that now is more of an end of times company, see the cyber truck

Too many think of Tesla as just an automobile company, IMO.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am

The best steering wheel

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:26 am

To me, Musk has become a grifter. Look at him saying he wants the Boring company to do work in south Florida. Bro, there’s no basements in south Florida for a reason. Or him saying he’s gonna have people on Mars by 2024. Yea not gonna happen.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:27 am

Musk is completely insane, IMO. His following, though, will always allow Tesla to have cash to innovate and expand.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:29 am

Musk is completely insane, IMO. His following, though, will always allow Tesla to have cash to innovate and expand.
Very true

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:31 am

Musk is very insane, but also very rich. I'd like to be that ha.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:32 am

That steering wheel will be replaced with a traditional model before the next full refresh. Big swing and a miss.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:36 am

I think people will like it because it looks similar to race car steering wheels. Not practical for somebody like me, but then again, I'm not really big on Tesla in general.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 am

I’m all over Rivian. Really want that truck

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 am

I’m all over Rivian. Really want that truck
They used the first two production models for the Long Way Up series. Really cool trucks.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:44 am

It's not practical for anybody who drives on roads not tracks. It won't last long if it makes it into the production model at all. The Rivian is great with an impressive range (if it actually gets that range is another story). I'm all for the push for electric, but the infrastructure ain't there yet. That has to improve OR batteries must improve so you can get higher range with a quicker charge. Until then, gas ain't going nowheres.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:48 am

They're hard to actually use, yeah. Skip to about 3:15.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:52 am

This is a fantastic ethical question along the lines of "should a bank give a teenage a credit card with a $10,000 limit"
They already do. They’re called Student Loans.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:52 am

Are you confusing the work "bank" with "government"

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:55 am

It's not practical for anybody who drives on roads not tracks. It won't last long if it makes it into the production model at all. The Rivian is great with an impressive range (if it actually gets that range is another story). I'm all for the push for electric, but the infrastructure ain't there yet. That has to improve OR batteries must improve so you can get higher range with a quicker charge. Until then, gas ain't going nowheres.
For me, having one vehicle electric is perfect. I put less than 200 miles on my current one a week. My drive to work is like 5 minutes. And I have separate panel in my garage to set up a charger.

But I won’t ever really be able to take it on long trips for vacation or the like. Reason why are other vehicle needs to be a gas or hybrid engine

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:57 am

You can get private loans from a bank for college